Does the United States have a right to defend itself?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)
  1. capncrunch profile image76
    capncrunchposted 6 years ago

Does the United States have a right to defend itself?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13655646_f260.jpg

2. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 6 years ago

Most definately. In particular, when the enemy is coming from within. Did you know orrin hatch said his brother did not die fighting nazis to see nazi ideas take hold in usa? My own husband is serving a life sentence for a white persons crime. Time to wake up america. Your delusions of grandeur have hit a snag. (Clue: the creator of the universe is not a white man with a small unit)
    God is everything. You are but a minute piece of the puzzle. Please humble thyself! Or the creator will do it for you.
    *public service announcement*

1. lovemychris profile image76
      lovemychrisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Its about control. Some people will burn their own house down before giving it up. Yes. We are calling the fire dpt to save us from burning down.

3. Violets3 profile image53
    Violets3posted 6 years ago

Of course...but lately, a lot of the "wars" our military has been dispatched to "fight" are misguided and cruel.

There's just too much to say here...but just like "WMDs"...going into another country and destroying it to "free them" is completely unethical and even against our constitution.

We have not retaliated against threat, we are the threat. I'm more of the ideology of isolationism....you don't hit/attack first. Unless someone/country directly attacks you, you should not declare war on anyone.....

but wait...we're at war right now. The drones...the military...we've never been done with war. We just have neglected the constitution and fought discretely - mostly through drones.

I will never support this kind of war. We're not trying to protect this country, we're trying to bully other countries. It's no wonder other countries hate our guts. Imagine if China droned American cities on a daily basis. How would you feel about them? That's what we're doing. Look at how many drones were dispatched under Obama..in one year. Insane amounts (I think it was over 2k...r 20k...i cant remember).

Bottom line: right now, any war we start should be approved by congress, and should be in response to direct threats to our nation. And no...NK doesn't count. They don't have the manpower or weapons to do anything to us. They can harm SK and Japan..but that's their problem. They can declare war on NK and ask for our aid (since we are their allies), and help them take over NK and unite both sides...but NEVER take over NK.

I am okay with the idea of aiding SK, if they declare war....but us declaring war ourselves and going in and taking over? Hell no. That's not "protecting" America..that's just being greedy and taking over another country.

The truth hurts.

I love America and all that it's founded on, but dont think for a second I won't call out on BS when I see it.

1. lovemychris profile image76

Heres another truth: trump ordered more drone strikes in one week than obama did in one year! Is there some reason you failed to include the current prez in that?

2. Violets3 profile image53
      Violets3posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I actually didn't know that...i've been concentrating on many other political subjects lately - they've been keeping me busy..heh.

if he did...I'm 100% against it. I've never been for drone strikes with any other prez before, it doesnt change now.

3. lovemychris profile image76

Im not surprised you dont know it....no one ever mentions it. Trump network news is in full effect. Nor do they mention he has already spent 10 million on vacations in 200 days. But we all know news is conservative, so thats what we get. Perceptions.

4. Violets3 profile image53

News is conservative? News is liberal. That's a fact that even liberals don't dispute. The only difference is that they've been nitpicking Trumps silly acts instead of real issues.
      Obamas drone strike came to me by accident, and now, same with Trump

5. lovemychris profile image76

Check out op. He put obamas picture up there. And also check out sinclaire media: ie trump news. They own 72% of local stations, and head of fcc is working to give them more. Ever listen to talk radio? Since 1991, it changed from variety to alt right

6. Violets3 profile image53

Truth be told, i completely avoid watching any mainstream media news. They're biased, clickbaity, and omit a lot of details I like knowing. I prefer listening to political analysts who comment on subjects. From all sides. The best way to learn truth.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)