jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

How do you like the finalized GOP tax bill?

1. ptosis profile image72
    ptosisposted 5 weeks ago

How do you like the finalized GOP tax bill?

The following are changing:  A new tax cut for the rich,  massive tax cut for corporations, can deduct just $10,000 in state, local and property taxes, bigger child tax credit, no Obamacare individual health insurance mandate, You can inherit up to $22 million tax-free! ..... ..... ... “Pass through” companies get a 20 percent reduction, No corporate “AMT” tax ..... Final Republican tax bill slashes U.S. corporate rate, voting next week and still call your Congress person and give your opinion!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13825411_f260.jpg

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image34
    bradmasterOCcalposted 5 weeks ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12070531_f260.jpg

ptosis

It is a disappointment, but not unexpected. I am in CA who am I going to call in congress. CA doesn't understand Reduce Taxes.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image34
      bradmasterOCcalposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

ptosis
      Both the Obama congress and Trump congress have left the medical deduction threshold at 10%. it should be down to 2 percent. The Obama congress raised it from 7.5 to 10 that was the wrong direction. both parties dn care about med bills!

2. lovemychris profile image57
      lovemychrisposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this
    3. ptosis profile image72
      ptosisposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

You call you Senators and you Representative. It's real easy,

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image34
      bradmasterOCcalposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Ptosis
      Once again you totally ignored my comment.

3. profile image77
    Hxprofposted 5 weeks ago

If the bill can't pay for itself as Republicans originally claimed, then the party is setting itself up for downfall later, and it will damage the country.  If the bill DOES pay for itself (through economic growth) the Republicans will look really good and it will help the country. I don't think this bill will work, and Republicans will find alot of resistance to cutting welfare and SS.

1. ptosis profile image72
      ptosisposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Trickle-down economics is voodoo economics, so no, it won't work. Next President will be handed a mess.

2. profile image77
      Hxprofposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

It works poorly.  The 80's weren't a disaster as far as getting the economy going again, but it's short term, and there's NO guarantee that companies will create new jobs with the money.  What we're currently doing doesn't work either.  Dilemma.

working