jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Are you ashamed of Congress about to vote for the GOP tax cuts plan for the ultr

1. ptosis profile image80
    ptosisposted 2 months ago

Are you ashamed of Congress about to vote for the GOP tax cuts plan for the ultra-rich &

having your children and 'yet to be born' to pay for it? Maybe that's the real reason the GOP are against abortion, because it cuts down on future wage slaves to pay off the national debt? They just couch it in religious terms to make it seem more righteous?  ... & remember just like ObamaCare, this will be passed on Xmas Eve when everybody is not looking.   Shouldn't something this big not be shoved down the chimney in the dead of night?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13828935_f260.jpg

2. lovemychris profile image59
    lovemychrisposted 2 months ago

I'm not ashamed, because I'm not a Republican. This is their baby, just like the ACA was Dems. And they have to own it, not blame everyone and their mother. And it will put to the test their notion that "churches and charities can take care of people in need" yeah, OK. Do they have any idea how much healthcare costs??? And speaking of, Mr McCain got a healthy dose of taxpayer love....will be deplorable if he votes to deny the same to others. Personally, I don't know how they sleep at night. And I still want a divorce! 2 Americas....we will never unite.

1. ptosis profile image80
      ptosisposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Thanks for your answer.

2. lovemychris profile image59
      lovemychrisposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Thanks for the question! Im shocked so many people are blase about this outright abomination! But then, they are unbothered by  all the abominations going on...im so surprised that so many people belong to the 1%, and don't need the gvt! Wait n see

3. ptosis profile image80
      ptosisposted 2 months agoin reply to this

It's not about being part of the.01%, it's racist reasoning that there are no undeserving poor whites & the fictional welfare Queen of Reagan meme that result in voting against themselves.

4. lovemychris profile image59
      lovemychrisposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Yes. I was being snarky. Lower income and middle class whites will be devastated by this bill. But as you point out, they will most likely blame it on black people, immigrants. mexicans and muslims...NEVER donald Trump and the Koch-ites in Congress.

3. The Dirt Farmer profile image96
    The Dirt Farmerposted 2 months ago

Yes, I am ashamed of them, especially of Corker's disingenuous turn-around thanks to an addition to the bill that gives him back millions. Also, now that he's done the bidding of his corporate masters, Ryan seems set on retirement. Shame on him and on them all!

working