2016 The Democratic Party Committed Suicide ?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (17 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 4 years ago

Election Corruption , It began with the DNC and pretty much ended with the same .
    Admittedly and immediately , the party organization jumped across the ethical and moral divide , unfaily and openly chose one candidate over all others ?

Has the party committed suicide by corruption ?

How many years, how many elections will it take to recover ?

1. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Recovery time Nov 2018, midterms..... You won't have to wait long. The Right as epitomized by Trump must be deposed with all deliberate speed.

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Too easy and unthought out an answer there  Credence , it requires  a bit more thought like , What IF Trump isn't of the right but of the  center of America ? Could be just the beginning of the big drain ?

1. Credence2 profile image78
          Credence2posted 4 years agoin reply to this

For you, perhaps. But rightwingers never had a lot of credibility in my book, anyway.

Trump at the Center of America? That is like saying the GOP is at America's center. The moderates of that party have long been dead. They are now in kinship with all the extremist groups that wear the white sheets and play in the bushes, they are just more PC and polite. There is no comparable movement on the left despite Rush Limbaugh saying to the contrary.

1. profile image0

Well that's just plain delusional Credence , you don't understand either the far right or Trump  he's really as much a centrist as Hillary was , yes she played the fiddle of the far left for youth , minority and immigrant votes but Hillary voted so often center as to make so many people even on the right vote for her. Trump's more  a new York independent than right or left , it's just your hatred of him blinding your judgement . You're not the first or the last liberal to have no understanding beyond your hatred though , don't feel bad.

1. ptosis profile image74
              ptosisposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. profile image0

Deleted

1. ptosis profile image74
                  ptosisposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You were being extremely condescending to the other poster and I just lost it. I hope this won't happen again and I should simply stop reading your posts.

1. profile image0

Condescending, no I'm being politically honest and pointing out hypocrisy of many on the left  , you however are being pure nasty and if it were a conservative post that you offered that from  , you'd get banned for awhile  but hey , I can take the heat even if your party can't and THAT is the truth.

2. profile image0
                    PrettyPantherposted 4 years agoin reply to this

He insults people all the time. He can't help himself. Because, you know, he's evolved over the years into a superior being.

2. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Voters have a short memory. It's what you might call a Hegelian dialectic. Both parties support each other but act like they hate each other.
      https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/31531121_10155298828595896_1006804165986353152_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=c203c761f0772cd33edd6f1370d311b0&oe=5B5335A5

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 4 years ago

They won by 3 million votes.  That's the problem that needs solving.

1. profile image0

Need to go back to government  history class and learn the electoral college ?

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
        Kathleen Cochranposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Understand it perfectly.  Just like I did when we got stuck with Bush the sequel when he didn't get the most votes either.  The EC is a tool of Republican gerrymandering and it is time to make voting fair again.  One person one vote.  Like in every other election we hold in America.  Also in that history book you will learn that the EC was created to help the South get around not letting all the black people who lived there have a voice in government.  You can look it up.

1. GA Anderson profile image91
          GA Andersonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have looked it up Kathleen, and you are wrong. You can look it up.

GA

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 4 years ago

Depends on your source, I'm sure.  You're not going to find that fact in the encyclopedia or a high school history book.  As is often said, history is written by the victors.  Doesn't make it all true.

1. profile image0

Kathleen , A little guilty of misinformation .......again ?  Lets see  , The EC was formed by republicans to keep slaves from voting right , is that about it ?    Now the same slaveholders are keeping who ? Your Hillary from being the rightful president ?

So heck , let's just blame the EC on  racism while you're at it ,  No wait , lets blame Misogyny , you know that whole glass ceiling thing , The EC just  has to be some  mans fault , no ?    What about Islamophobia too , I mean why not ,the slaves did actually come from mostly Muslim countries didn't they ?   Let's see , what about blaming old while men ,  what can we call them ?

I know one thing , If it were possible for Trump to have won the office by popular vote and never let  YOUR STATE  be fairly represented  by the EC you would be running around decrying the popular vote and calling for an EC NOW with your MAGA hat on!

2. GA Anderson profile image91
      GA Andersonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi Kathleen, if this comment is a response to mine, and relative to the 4/5th's statement - my sources were; Madison's own convention debate notes, Pulitzer prize winning author Jack Rakov's book 'Original Meanings' - which included direct quotes from involved parties of the time, The Federalist Papers, (sorry, I didn't make the effort to identify the specific one, I am going from memory, but I am certain of the point), and, reprinted original correspondence between Madison and Hamilton, to and from several representatives of primarily slave-holding states. There are more citations, but none are from high-school history books. Or, Right-leaning websites.

If your comment wasn't directed at me, then at least this brief list might pique your interest.

GA

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)