The President Has The Power To Release The FISA Documents

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image80
    Sharlee01posted 5 years ago

The president has the power to release all of the documents that were presented to the FISA court to request a warrant to surveil Cater Page. Th president has the power to release the documents fully redacted or with some redactions.  The documents could show that the FISA court was under-informed or  in the worse case lied too.   The FISA warrant led to an investigation being opened into the Trump campaign, and ultimately to the Mueller investigation.

Question -  Do you think president Trump will release all of the documents unredacted or will he release them partially redacted?

Do you think he should release all of the documents unredacted to the general public or perhaps just to Congress?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

How can anyone possibly have an opinion without knowing what is in them?

(Release them to congress and it will be leaked to the public, doubly so with the hatred of Trump exhibited by Democrats there.  At least if they think it will cause political damage.  And if it would hurt the DNC it will be leaked by Republicans.)

Sharlee01posted 5 years agoin reply to this

My feeling is at this point the president should release them with light redactions that would protect any persons or classified information.

IT sounds like you answered my second question. If I am to understand you correctly you would prefer they be released to Congress, and then leaked to the public. And you are undoubtedly correct either side would leak the contents if it helped their agenda. However, we may only receive bits and pieces from either side of Congress.

I prefer transparency. I feel we have the right to know the full story of why the investigation on h Trump campaign was started, and who was involved? We know who paid for it... I would like to know the truth if the Obama administration purposely did not inform Trump of their suspicions about Russian interference, and that Carter Page was suspected of wrongdoing?    To much smoke not to be a fire. However, due to all the media coverage in regard to the dossier and the FISA warrants I want the truth one way or the other. At some point, we will be presented with Mueller's findings. I think we deserve the entire truth of what went down in the 2016 election.

So, I noted you did not answer my first question.  I know it asks for a prediction, but what do you think?   I  have a strong feeling Trump will release them slightly redacted.

1. profile image0
          ahorsebackposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sharlee , At this point this man is either a God or he is something else and after all the leaks , all the media and Mueller collusion , all of the internally  compromised investigating  subjects brought out by scandal ;
          I cast my vote ;

https://hubstatic.com/14144286.jpg

So, I take it you can't wait to see Trump release the FISA documents... LOL  Hey, transparency is what we asked for, and I think or at least I hope he will spill all the beans on all the crooks that were involved in with the dossier, and presenting it to the FISA courts.

1. profile image0

The democratic opposition party of  the DOJ has been playing a very shady , leaky , halfway illegal  game of slow walking ANY sense of integrity ,honesty or justice all through this media circus , In fact to date they have used the News Media  as judge  , prosecutor and jury . Evidence has been introduced to this media trial by DOJ leakage to reporters ...............

Has there been ANY  jurisprudence involved ?  No .Why ?   Because from the very beginning through the FISA  documents an illegal , phony and slight of hand media show was used to acquire court orders , search warrants , and the jury selected by this  trial --is the American public . 

What is the FALL OUT  from this circus act --Americans on the right now have absolutely no confidence in the entire integrity of the DOJ , The FBI , the courts , or the Mueller Circus act .  The people on the left never did but that's another story .

It's long past time that Trump acted out severely on Sessions , Rosenstein and Mueller ,  Recovering the confidences of the American public in the broken a$$ed  DOJ , FBI , the House and  the courts .   What good is the Federal Government anyway if it has morphed through total  incompetence into  a  run away train  ,  a three ring circus act  ?

If Neither party  feels any confidence in this system , then"  can it ",  Fire  Sessions , fire Rosenstein and  fire Mueller  ,  Now.    All this entire fiasco has accomplished to date is to tear at the fabric of the constitution to the point that it is rendered inconsequential in whatever the outcome is .  No one from either side will believe the results are enough to answer any of our questions .

Trump ,  act now , put an end to this circus !

I agree with every word you said. I hope Trump will open up any and all documents to out the truth. He is a very common sense person, I think he just might. I can't imagine why he puts up with all the BS, and just does not fire Rosenstein and Mueller. Hopefully, he continues to be transparent and rocks Washington like an earthquake.  It's apparent we the people have come to see Washington is not for the people. At least until now...

Never have I seen such out and out corruption. I guess I wasn't looking until I began to feel uneasy about  America being lost, failing due to unrealistic nonsensical policies.

2. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

Everyone needs to awaken to the absolute fact that IF there was any evidence , It would already have been so leaked that it would be old ,old ,old news at this point . It's a darned shame our government institutions have been reduced to rubble , BUT hey  , That was one of Obama's plans from his day one .

Alinsky it all to hell.

And he almost did my friend... But not quite.  There are a lot of us that have realized just how bad it got in a short 8 years, and are done with all the "crazy".   Trump is the left's worst nightmare, he has zip to lose. And he is on one hel- of a mission.   He is not stoppable and racking up success after success.  The Dems are being pummeled at every turn. Got to love it.

1. profile image0

It'll be well worth just seeing no more political correctness alone ,  as soon as the outraged ones pick up their lost toys ,   you know how they are about sharing those toys , .....Something that we never discuss is how Trump's doing this all for no pay ?
        That way the left can't hold him to a contract I guess !

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)