Does anyone think Tony Blair is losing any sleep over Iraq?

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (146 posts)
  1. LaVieja profile image61
    LaViejaposted 14 years ago

He is due to appear before the inquiry on Friday, and I suspect he will be finalising his script tomorrow night. No doubt his performance will merit an oscar if nothing else...lol

1. NewYorker profile image58
      NewYorkerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Who the hell is Tony Blair?

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Umm... British Prime Minister from 1997 to 2007.

Are you serious?

Umm.. I'm American. Don't follow American politics, why would I follow GB?

1. profile image0

Even so, surely you must have seen Our Tone's cheesily grinning visage all over the press/TV when he was toadying up to George Bush before and during the Iraq war.  Or maybe that was just us poor sods in Britain.

Again, don't follow politics. That means I don't watch anything remotely related to politics on TV. That would have been a political matter.

2. TheGlassSpider profile image63
              TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Some of us Americans actually DON'T watch TV, contrary to popular belief. I'm one of them. The ONLY reason I happen to know who Tony Blair is is that I went to London while he was in office.

However, even if I didn't know who he was...my answer to the original question would be: If he's a politician, then he's probably not losing any sleep over anything he's doing or contributing to.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
                Ralph Deedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You should not be allowed to vote in national elections.

1. profile image0
                  A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why Ralph, does someone have to watch the idiot box to stay informed? Ever hear of the internet,Newspapers,radio?

Of course it's not necessary to watch Television. Perhaps even better not to watch and be misinformed. Reading the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Christian Science Monitor, the Financial Times, The Nation, Mother Jones, Harper's, etc. The reason I suggested he not be allowed to vote was that he said he hadn't heard of Tony Blair. If he had used alternative sources other than TV he should have heard of Tony Blair. Moreover, my suggestion was tongue in cheek, not serious. We need to cultivate a bit more senses of humor among us. I see now that I didn't read his post carefully and that he had heard of Tony Blair but only as a result of a visit to England during his Blair's administration.

2. Misha profile image63
                  Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Quite democratic of you Ralph! And how tolerant! lol

1. Petra Vlah profile image60
                    Petra Vlahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Another post was asking "What is wrong with America".

People not knowing and not wanting to learn is part of what is wrong. Being proud of your ignorance is just as wrong.

3. TheGlassSpider profile image63

Fortunately, it's not any of your business whether or not I'm allowed to vote, and whether or not I do. Besides which, simply because I don't keep up with the boob tube doesn't mean I don't keep up with the news.

It so happens that I used to be quite an avid politics-watcher and became SO disgusted with the entire world that I decided that it would be better for my mental and physical health NOT to bother with watching the soap opera anymore.

BTW: I'm female...although, I can understand why that might not be obvious. That is, perhaps, one reason your suggestion that I should not be allowed to vote poked at me.

It should have been obvious that you are female. Female spiders eat the males as I recall. :-) I hope you agree that it's desirable for voters to inform themselves on the issues before voting. As I said above I was kidding when I said you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

2. profile image0

I think the more reasonable question is "who cares who England's prime minster was from 1997 to 2007?"

Well said.

Rephrasing what I said with what he said.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
            Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They are Americans. Most of them have never left the state, let alone taken an interest in international politics. They get most of their education from the TV. lol

1. profile image0

Well, we can't all be French maids can we?

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

You can if you want it bad enough..... big_smile

2. NewYorker profile image58

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Most of us never left the state? Typical stereotype over Americans.. Shame on you. You have prejudice issues.

1. arthriticknee profile image67
                arthritickneeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

???

Didn't you previously say you were unaware of your main partner in the war on terror because you missed it on TV.

Stereotypes? You are living the dream!

Unaware of my main partner in the war on terror?

Seriously, the big words don't make you look smarter.

And you think we're all stupid? I have an M.D., do you?

1. arthriticknee profile image67

If seven letter words are too much for you that M.D. must have been tough.
                    Maybe if they feature world leaders on Entertainment tonight (sorry - 13 letters!) you won't miss small matters like a war and who decided it was a good thing.

I do not think all Americans are stupid. Like everyone else you have your fair share. I am merely impressed that you do not know the identity of the leader of your primary partner in both Afghanistan and Iraq given the UK is just about the only country that is still hanging around. To manage this given the hours of coverage it received is an achievement and I take my hat off to your good doctor.

Duty calls. Good Evening

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65

An M.D. isn't an exemption from stupidity.

LOL

Dude - I lived in the states for ten years and am married to an American.

Most of you have never left the state. No prejudice involved. Merely making an observation.

This is prejudice. You are linking us all in one group, judging from what YOU saw on YOUR 10 years here; you are creating stereotypes. Stereotypes equals prejudice.

I'm from California and now I live in New York. That means I've left the state! HAH!

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol kinda like Hillary's twin

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

NO! hmm

3. Mark Knowles profile image59

Nope - the man has no qualms about lying. Plus he has found god.

You really think he gives a shit for anything other than the EU Presidency?

I have a sneaking suspicion the outcome of the inquiry is pretty much taken care of anyway. lol

Political crap for us to swallow. Again.

4. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Blair debe ser bastante preocupado!

5. LaVieja profile image61
      LaViejaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Certainly didn't expect this response! Didn't mean to cause a rift between US and UK... but have to say have been finding it very very entertaining so please, do continue!

I used to travel in Europe and Latin America on business. My two favorite countries to visit were UK (London) and Brazil (Sao Paulo and Rio). The Brits were unfailingly courteous and went out of their way to be helpful. And of course the Brazilians are the friendliest people in the world. However, that doesn't mean that I don't blame Tony Blair for helping Bush-Cheney convince us to foolishly attack Iraq and put Afghanistan on the back burner. Blair allowed himself to become a little Bush-Cheney pulltoy.

2. LaVieja profile image61
    LaViejaposted 14 years ago

lol

3. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

What is Iraq?

1. profile image0

I think its a gay rock band from France.

2. blondepoet profile image66
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think it's when you cross a laxative with an aphrodisiac and you don't know whether your coming or going...

4. arthriticknee profile image67
    arthritickneeposted 14 years ago

I love Americans.

The only country I know of where people are so proud of their ignorance.

If it doesn't happen in my backyard. It doesn't count.

Well done.

See! At least SOMEONE loves us!

Thanks, man!

5. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I thought Tony Blair was dead.

Wishful thinking?

6. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Tony Blair will no doubt give an Oscar winning performance of innocence mixed with hurt that nobody understands his greatness and desire to help the world!  He has turned the old English notion of the divine right of kingship into his own personal divine right to rule the world. This is where supposedly having a hot-line to god gets you - deluded and a joke.

A question for the Americans - would you be shocked if us Brits didn't know the name of the President of the United States?  You should learn the name of Tony Blair as he has made around £15 million since leaving office mainly for being a good friend of the US!

It's totally different with the US president.

1. CMHypno profile image82
        CMHypnoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why?  If the US as a nation is not interested in the politics and current affairs of other countries, why should those countries take any interest in the US?  As it happens, in the UK most people probably do know the name of the US president as a lot of people watch the international news and read papers/articles etc on world affairs.

We're more noticable. Our President just got the Nobel Peace Prize. Who doesn't notice that? We are, probably, the most noticed country in the world because we're amazing.

See, it's different.

I've been to the U.K., it's not that great..

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
            Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why was it not that great?

Well, British people are rude. Very rude. I was in a store, and I was talking with my girlfriend, and the cashier was like "Americans, EH? You suck!". And people there plain out hate Americans.

\

Not that you are stereotyping or anything.... wink

I'm allowed to have prejudice. I'm American.

2. Flightkeeper profile image67

Well I hope you showed them by not buying anything.

Probably in London anyway.

All the shop staff there are Australian. lol

3. tantrum profile image60
                tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Americans are hated all over the world. I'm sorry to say. But it's the truth.

Tantrum, I think most Americans think that's true.  That's why we don't leave our country.

1. tantrum profile image60

lol
                    hi flight !!!

2. profile image0

Who cares what the rest of the world thinks? You think we sit up at night wondering what someone in Argentina thinks? I sure hope you don't think we do!

lol lol lol
                    How old are you ?
                    lol

3. TheGlassSpider profile image63

You know...I've heard that many many times...but I have to say, I've traveled to other countries a few times and really had wonderful experiences. People were very kind and helpful to me, even though they obviously knew I was an American. I've never heard a bad word spoken to my face; indeed, one more than one  occasion, I've been welcomed into celebrations by strangers in other countries.

I will never forget sharing bottles of champagne with Spanish soccer players in London. I will never forget sharing an impromptu dinner with workers in Bunratty, Ireland. Dancing in Dublin at Bono's club with people who loved U2 from all over the world...Complete and utter strangers opened themselves up to me in other countries, and I never once heard hateful words or felt as though I was hated.

Indeed, it seems to me that I hear more hate coming from American mouths than anyone else's...But that might be just because I get to hear more Americans than anything else.

You don't hear what they say because no one is going to be so rude as to tell you in your face, but as I'm not American I hear all the things people say of USA. It's not only in the UK.It's in every country I visited.
                    Sorry, but it's like that.
                    Nothing new. Everybody knows about it.
                    That doesn't mean there are not a lot of wonderful people there. I happen to know some.

4. profile image0

To be honest, if you displayed the same attitude when you were in Britain that you've displayed in this thread, then I'm not surprised they were rude.

Basically you come off as "I'm too sexy to learn anything about anyone else's culture/politics even at the most basic level, because I'm from the most marvellous country on Earth and nobody else matters.  So there."

No, I wasn't even talking in his direction. British people are very bitter towards Americans. I don't know why you people have bugs up your asses about us, but it would be peachy if you could share it with us.

After reading your posts, it's very clear why !
                    lol

2. Flightkeeper profile image67

New Yorker, you should have just shot him with your 9mm.

3. profile image0

There are certainly people in Britain who hate Americans, but there are also loads of other British people who either (a) don't care one way or the other or (b) adore America and the Americans.  So I think you're tarring everyone in Britain with the same (erroneous) brush.

4. profile image0
                    shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No we arent!  We love the Americans!  Its Blair we are bitter toward for being an arse licker with no gumption to say no!

Why on earth do you think us Brits are bitter toward you.  We have always had good connections with the USA.  We backed you on lots of issues and showed compassion towards your crisis.  I think you are wrong about our opinions.

love, peace and unity with USA forever!

5. profile image0
                shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am sorry you have had bad experiences with Brits.  Most of us are actually quite nice people x

6. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Maybe her remark was addressed to you rather than all Americans? I can see how she might have said that if your posts in this thread are typical.

2. tantrum profile image60

lol lol lol

You're so amazing ! lol lol lol
            Yeah ! Right roll

3. profile image0

Part of the reason for its being noticeable is that he won the prize for no discernable reason.  (Even he was surprised to win it.)

Substitute "powerful" for "amazing" and you might just have a point.  But as other people here have recently pointed out, power has a finite shelf life.

1. profile image0

I agree 100% about Obama and the Nobel prize, he should have been surprised, everyone should have been surprised! I remember the day after it was announced and accolades coming from your side of the pond, its strange that just a few short months later Obama ain't that great!

As far as power and a finite shelf life, in 234 years the US has accomplished more than all of Europe combined, you should be proud! If we lose that power tomorrow we will have known what it was like to be the most powerful nation ever and you never will!

1. profile image0

You've obviously never heard of the British Empire:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Empire

"At its height it was the largest empire in history and, for over a century, was the foremost global power. By 1922, the British Empire held sway over a population of about 458 million people, one-quarter of the world's population, and covered more than 13,000,000 square miles (33,670,000 km2): approximately a quarter of the Earth's total land area."

I don't get the Obama thing either.  Our press (a lot of it anyway) is gaga over him but to me he's just another politician.

1. profile image0

And you know what it was like to live then? You must be old!

1. profile image0

lol I thought you meant "you" in the general, historical sense not "you" as in "you personally". 

It's midnight on my part of the planet and I'm off to bed...

2. arthriticknee profile image67

120 years ago a little thing called the British Empire was somewhat more significant than what little was going on in America. The world influence of America really only became of note after the Second World War. Hope you enjoyed your time at the top but unless you are still there in another 50 years, you probably are still playing historical catch-up.
                What goes up must come down - as the British have done a great job of proving.

1. profile image0

Catch up? 230 years ago you were not that significant to a bunch of farmers and laborers, while maybe our reputation slipped in the eyes of Europe (who cares what Europe thinks) we will continue to be the most powerful! You ought be used to that!

4. tantrum profile image60

and one of the reasons you're hated for, is this kind of attitude
            lol

2. profile image0

Yes, and a friend of bankers/arms manufacturers everywhere (that nice little post-politics consultancy job for J P Morgan didn't come about by accident, I'm sure).

3. Ralph Deeds profile image65

They should sic David Frost on Blair.

7. Flightkeeper profile image67

Nobody has to take an interest in us.

8. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

Not only is he losing his sleep... he lost his job! big_smile

9. mikelong profile image60
    mikelongposted 14 years ago

I don't know how many Brits know what their government and military were doing in Iraq in the 1920's and 30's....  Saddam hung for, among other things, gassing Kurds and others....But the British were the first to use that tactic....dropping mustard gas from planes in order to quell rebellions...

I don't the perpetrators of those war crimes lost any sleep either..

1. profile image0

No, I don't suppose they did sad

Nope - I am sure they did not. We invented the concentration camp also. sad

3. arthriticknee profile image67

But did America not instigate a war on the basis of weapons of mass destuction when to date the only country to have nuked someone is........

Do as I say not as I do. Gulf War? Maybe the War of Hipocracy.

Not that the Americans and British were the only ones involved. My mob joined in the party too.

10. mikelong profile image60

"But did America not instigate a war on the basis of weapons of mass destuction when to date the only country to have nuked someone is........"

I am by no means denying this.....nor Britain's involvement...

Blair was a Bush pulltoy or lap dog or organ grinder's monkey, if you prefer. Oh, I forgot, Cheney was the organ grinder and Bush the monkey. Some likened the two to Edgar Bergen and Charlie McCarthy.

11. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

Blair (Blur) is a slimeball. He has no principles, just goes along with whatever will give him more prestige and money.

The US is a spoilt child thinking that the world should take notice of it. It is just one territorial entity among others. I've visited. It's OK, nothing special though apart from New Orleans.

I sort of became aware of Obama with time. I thought he was a Turk. Turns out he is an African American. Same difference as far as I'm concerned. You people in the US voted for him, so live with it just as we in the UK have to live with Broon the dour one.

12. EWS profile image58
    EWSposted 14 years ago

Tony Blair or George Bush are not bad people.  You can try to vilify them all you want but none of those guys knew it would end up like this.

I don't know about Blair, but I agree that Bush was clueless. He was misled by Cheney and some of his henchmen. Bush is not evil, just lazy and not very bright.

13. mikelong profile image60

I'm releasing an article focused on Dick Cheney soon....  they knew very well what they were doing....they know the "history" of the region...

The lie is that they "didn't" know...

14. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

Blur is a sell-out. He joined with Labour because he felt that would give him the greatest advantage. He would have joined the Tories if he thought that would serve him better. He did not espouse the principles that defined Labour. True Labour values were espouseed by people like Tony Benn. You can agree or disagree with Benn, but at the very least he is honest about his beliefs.

15. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Every country has their own sibling rivalary to b** about ,or not  big_smile

Great Britain was once big brother to the New World ( hmm) and I reckon some attitudes trickle down on both sides of the fence ,but c'mon we all put our pants on the same way ,one foot at a time.

Crazy thing is Im a foreigner living in SC yet hubbys from up north ( A Yank) guess who they ,and Im generalising like the most >>>> big_smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73

And its probably the same kinda 'gets up ya nose' kinda attitude in the UK as well ?

2. profile image0

That doesn't surprise me at all, if you two were in Texas it would be the same, some things never end!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73

..lol

( Id be more prepared ,hehe and learn the yellow rose of texas) and never mention the steelers wink )  least not til the champagne had kicked in   lol

16. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL And you won WWII lol Come on Tex, we often agree, but here I am in total disagreement with you. As people leave in society, countries leave in a sort of society too, and they do need other countries for various reasons, including being allies. Even such powerful countries as the USA. smile

1. profile image0

Ok misha, who exactly does the US need? China? I guess we have needed them to borrow money from, but what if we said Fuck em? What would happen?

1. Misha profile image63

Probably Chinese goods will disappear from your stores. And you already forgot how to manufacture them yourself. smile

Just from the top of my head, I bet we can think of other not-so-rosy things happening, too smile

1. profile image0

I thought thats what everyone wanted, no goods from China. We haven't forgotten how to do anything we just got fat and lazy, don't fool yourself Misha we out do most everyone!

1. Misha profile image63

Those goods will cost several times more, even when you manage to start manufacturing them. smile

1. profile image0

For awhile maybe, but somebody will come along and be able to do it faster,better and cheaper. Its what this Country does!

1. Misha profile image63

Nah, your cost of labor is several times higher, you can't overcome this overnight, so this likely be a pretty long while, and pretty painful one... smile

1. profile image0

Doubt it, but we will never know for sure.

17. mikelong profile image60

Tex demonstrates widely what is common in the United States...from coast to coast....I've traveled it....

This is a widespread lack of knowledge and insight into what the United States does internationally and a denial of the interconnectedness of nations around the globe...

People in this country, especially of the dominant population, often believe that their national borders are like their property lines..and that what goes on outside of them has no effect on themselves and vise-versa....

All of which is nonsense....

But our school systems don't provide a holistic education, and self-educating is not a trait that is engrained in most....."think for yourself" is not something that is widely regarded....

I work with youth in the foster system here in Los Angeles county.....and I see the effects of this type of overall disconnected and dillusional thinking on our most at-risk youth..the ones who end up in jail the most...in poverty..homeless..and with nowhere to turn...

....it's called disillusionment and disenfranchisement....and both doom societies...

and as we said in the Marines..."a team is only as strong as its weakest link"

Knowledge, or rather the selective acknowledgment of it for partisan/selfish reasons is what weakens our society.....

I am trying to do my part to reverse this ridiculous trend....

How about you?

1. profile image0

Why don't you move to a more tolerant nation?

2. arthriticknee profile image67

Couldn't agree more Mike. Well structured, argued and spoken.

More thinking like this would go some way to resolving some of the issues in American society(and most other countries as well.)

3. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Mike Im impressed , you sound educated ( at least internally) and I find it refreshing to hear an American with a non-egalitarian attitude.

A Texan its one thing to be patriotic and everyone remembers back when ....( no matter where they were born) but think for a moment laterally , where would any of us be ,if we thought we didnt need 'someone'.....do you truly believe the USA stands alone? or able too.

18. mikelong profile image60

Like the republic of Texas I suppose???

19. mikelong profile image60

I've seen what Texans are capable of....what a history your "glorious" state has....

"move to a more tolerant nation"??

I thought this was supposed to be the place where greater toleration can be made???

Do you not believe this??

If such an feat cannot be accomplished here, which is evidently what you are implying, then where??/

Write carefully Texas...the world is watching..

1. profile image0

I doubt you can even imagine what a Texan is capable of.

20. mikelong profile image60

Let's see...

Texans largely turned traitor against the Mexican government, who let them settle there to begin with and whose laws they swore to abide by....

They turned against Mexico violently when Mexico decided it was right to free slaves....when racist-Anglophile Texans demanded that human chattal was vital to their survival....

They lie about their history....and start illegal wars for their own greed.....(at least the creators of their state and the builders of their legacy did so)

In my opinion, not much has changed.....now the Mexican, Salvadorian, Honduran, and Guatamalan replace the African slave....

Texans have been responsible for race-related violence that few states in this nation can compare to.....

and doesn't George W. still call your state home??

I think I can venture a pretty good guess as to what some Texans are capable of.......

1. profile image0

No, you can't! lol Thanks for the history lesson, you act like I care what Texans did to Mexico, newsflash, I don't!

Lots of people call Texas home, but I guess you won't be joining us?

21. mikelong profile image60

Know thyself...

22. mikelong profile image60

You act as though its relationship with Mexico is purely history......

No....its rather ongoing denial...

It's cognitive dissonance working hard to forget what one wishs he or she didn't know....and it eats away at the core of society...

It is obvious that you do not care about what occurs around you....I read your statements and pick up the tone of arrogant privilege....."its not my problem/issue to think about"....

but yet you spew words as if you did....

I'm glad you continue to show what you really are underneath the avatar...

Joining you in Texas?  I am working too hard to save my own city and state....

How about you?

1. profile image0

We are operating in the black so Texas doesn't need saving. Look mike I don't care what you think of me, I don't care what Europe thinks of the US and I couldn't begin to tell you how little your opinion of Texas and Texans means to me!

You might want to try another tactic, cuz this one ain't working! lol

As long as we're bashing Texas, I read somewhere recently that only Turkey and Kazakstan execute more people than Texas. And sometimes they do it right on the spot. I heard that in Texas if you shoot somebody you think might be a burglar as he's running away down the street, the police will drag him back into your house and take a picture of him for you.

23. Flightkeeper profile image67

Okay, you have the Chavez take on the interaction between Mexico, Spain, and Texas and you call other people arrogant?! lol

24. mikelong profile image60

There's a lot of military bases in Texas too......if those disappeared your state's population would largely vanish...

I will say, though, seeing El Paso at night is beautiful....the stars in the deep black sky (something that we never see in L.A.) with the city's city lights...shining like someone took gold dust and spread it on the ground.....I was standing on a ridge overlooking the city from the north when I saw this....I tried to take a picture (before the era of the digital camera for the common user) and it didn't come out..

Texan...I'm sorry if my tone is rough...but I have our mutual best intersts at heart....

It pains me to see people divided and fighting among one another for reasons that truly are inconsequential to our collective lives...

With the energy that we both utilize here in these forums I hope that we can provide a better place for ourselves and those who come after us...

I hope that you can agree with this..

1. profile image0

You don't know a whole lot about Texas. Military base closing will not empty the State, where did you even come up with that?

25. mikelong profile image60

"Okay, you have the Chavez take on the interaction between Mexico, Spain, and Texas and you call other people arrogant?!"

I don't understand what you are saying...

Please repeat..

Of course you don't understand, you have a leftist/socialist understanding of history.

26. mikelong profile image60

So, are you saying that the military bases in your state, like Fort Hood, and the moneys/jobs that the military brings with it, if cut off, would not dramatically reshape 1) the population size and demographic of your state and 2) not have a dramatic impact on your state's budget?

I think it would...

Just the impact on cities like San Antonio alone would be devastating...

What, the Dod brings in over 13 billion dollars into San Antonio alone annually....what about other cities???

again....these issues are just distractions from the real ones....like why I can get free health care (dental and medical) for the rest of my life while others can't.....

and this is just scratching the surface.....

Take care Texas....I am glad that we were able to have this exchange...and I hope we can build more on this foundation that we have established....

we may not agree.....but I think a common thread can be found...

1. profile image0

No, I don't think so.

27. mikelong profile image60

No flightkeeper, you just didn't write in a complete sentence....

I can't understand something that isn't readable...

If you can explain what "the Chavez" is and "on the interaction" means then we can talk...

otherwise your words are gibberish....

28. mikelong profile image60

That says alot....

No comment about the 13 billion from the military (just in San Antonio mind you) huh??

You can't explain how that keeps Texans employed...in their homes...and how losing that stream would cause them to leave??

Denial is strong with you...willed-ignorance is a tough virus to kill off...

Maybe you are right....

1. profile image0

Comment? Sure, what would we do without the military bases? Hmmm, Energy,Farming,Ranching,oil and gas (guess that falls under energy) You are aware that Texas has the most fortune 500 companies headquartered here, back to the list. Our emerging high tech industry is a pretty cool, our GSP is 1.9 Trillion.

29. mikelong profile image60

Yes...I know...

KBR is based in Texas, is it not?

Direct and indirect military money enrich your state...far more than most others....

enjoy it...

30. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

who? where? huh? hmm:

31. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Lyrics  lol

I think they need to organise a baseball game and winner takes it all smile

32. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Not funny Ralph neutral

NO, it sure isn't. But it's been done according to what I've heard.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)