That Mitch...what a jokester he is!

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (52 posts)
  1. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago

After Mitch |McConnell used the excuse of not choosing a Supreme Court Justice during an election year, now says he would fill one if it became vacant in 2020.  Having not let Obama's choice to fill Scalia's vacant seat, he now shows his true colors. What a weasel!

1. profile image0
      Hxprofposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That is two-faced of him, absolutely.  If the seat became vacant in January, maybe.  But Garland was nominated by Obama in mid March I think, so after January would be hypocritical IMO.

Randy Godwinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Mitch said the conditions would be different. Yeah right! What a toady...

2. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago

What? No right wingers are gonna chime in and make excuses for Ole Mitch? He's turned himself upside down and inside out to be purely partisan as far as SCOTUS nominations are concerned. A two-faced scoundrel he is.

3. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 4 years ago

Politicians being partisan and conniving about Supreme Court justices.

Well, that's quite the shock.

I knew you'd understand!  roll

1. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

What I understand is they all never fail to disappoint.

1. hard sun profile image79
          hard sunposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm curious. Putting aside what "all" other politicians do. Taking this decision, on it's own, do you think this is a morally just thing to do on Mitch's part? Should this impact how voters feel about Mitch?

Certainly it is hypocritical and wrong. But, I think the right is disappointed in kavanaugh and chomping at the bit to pack one more on.

Wrong. Yes. Different from what his opponents would do? I doubt it.

I wager we'll see before too long. Trump's tariffs will hurt everyone.

Not sure what that has to do with the topic but ok.

4. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 4 years ago

Someone has to be the first to lower the bar of reasonable conduct for an elected official.  We've got a lot of that going on lately.  Mitch and Trump, between just the two of them, have sunk so low and dwelt so long in the gutter, the stink will never come off.  And they've dragged a lot of formerly decent people right down with them.  It's scary.

5. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 4 years ago

The stench Hillary left behind might have been bait.

I though you were of those on the right wanting everyone to "move on." Still after Hillary I see.

And the stench will be nothing compared to the stain left behind by Donnie and his offspring.

Hey. I don't think much, if anything, of Trump on a personal level. He seems no less swampy than the rest. But, the economy is good, I just got a promotion double my previous salary, he's trying to address issues I feel need to be addressed (like immigration) so, all in all I've no where near the complaints I can imagine I might have had with the alternative.

Ok. Maybe one complaint. I doubt previously reasonable people would have been as irrationally unreasonable had the alternative taken office.

I could have abided any other candidate on the Republican side, but Trump was over the line. I thought Dubya was bad--and he did stay out of sight for Obama's two terms--but now he knows he wasn't such a bad POTUS compared to Trump and is out and about.

I was shocked Trump got the nomination. There was only one candidate I could stomach. I would have never believed I'd vote for such a man as Trump.

But the alternative was too much to bear.

You reap what you sow....

Possibly what was sown grew into something much less ominous and terrifying than what the other seed would have sprouted into. Possibly not, but I wasn't willing to take that chance.

It remains to be seen what your choice will ultimately do to our country.

I can't argue with that.

2. MizBejabbers profile image87
        MizBejabbersposted 4 years agoin reply to this

They just can't leave Hillary alone although she's not the subject of this forum. They always have to use her as a smokescreen to try to cover up the mess they've put in the White House.

Hillary has been a punching bag for the right for over a decade, Miz. They've always been frightened of her...

2. Live to Learn profile image60

Hillary is not a smoke screen. Hillary was the only alternative we had to vote for in that election. Had Donald not won, Hillary would be president. So, really, his presence in the Oval office boils down to her failures.

1. profile image0
            PrettyPantherposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Lol, there you go again. Donnie occupies the White House because of the voters who put him there. First, Republicans thought he was the best candidate on the ballot and chose him as their candidate. Then, a minority of general election voters in key states decided he was qualified and suitable to lead this country, handing him the electoral college.

Who is responsible for Donnie's presence in the Oval Office?  Those who voted for him.

After all, that is how elections work.

Yes. I voted for him. I helped put him into office. I think you've missed the entire point of my comment, which is not surprising.

1. profile image0

Yes, I get it. It's Hillary's fault  that millions of people thought a lying, bullying con man and self-admitted sexual predator was  acceptable to occupy the oval office.

Here is a Trump supporter I can respect:

"Fool me once, sham on you, fool me twice shame on me. That's What I think of Trump."

"He came through here like the businessman he was and the salesman he was, and he sold us on things he knew wasn't going to make true, and we fell for it."

No excuses, just taking responsibility.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/201 … -politics/

Well, if we are going to lay blame, maybe it needs to go to democrats for offering up such a corrupt candidate.

Think about it. She couldn't beat the worst possible candidate the Republican party could put forth.

I hope you guys learned your lesson, don't let your primaries be so corrupt and do a better job next time.

1. profile image0

I'm not "blaming" anyone. I'm just questioning your need to abdicate responsibility for your vote by blaming Hillary and now the Democrats. He was the  Republicans' choice, and still is, judging by his high approval ratings among Republicans.

It makes no sense to blame those who didn't vote for Trump for his elevation to the highest office in the land.

6. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 4 years ago

Historians will document that Trump is a corrupt, mentally ill, lying con man and that evidence of those facts was readily available before he was elected by a minority of Americans

1. JAKE Earthshine profile image67
      JAKE Earthshineposted 4 years agoin reply to this

https://hubstatic.com/14551043.jpg

True PP, but just because a small block of gullible racist cultish Americans with the "Sweeping and Systematic" assistance of our arch enemy embedded him in our oval office, that will NEVER exonerate him from his CRIMES and sooner or later he will pay the tremendous political and legal price: He's a short timer and everyone knows it and thank GOD for that:

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)