Trump Knew Kremlin Spy Said Putin Interfered. Still Failed to Condemn.

1. Don W profile image82
    Don Wposted 4 years ago

"The Moscow informant was instrumental to the C.I.A.’s most explosive conclusion about Russia’s interference campaign: that President Vladimir V. Putin ordered and orchestrated it himself. As the American government’s best insight into the thinking of and orders from Mr. Putin, the source was also key to the C.I.A.’s assessment that he affirmatively favored Donald J. Trump’s election and personally ordered the hacking of the Democratic National Committee."
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/09/us/p … ussia.html

When did Trump know about this informant and the intelligence he provided?

"Two weeks before his inauguration, Donald J. Trump was shown highly classified intelligence indicating that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia had personally ordered complex cyberattacks to sway the 2016 American election.

The evidence included texts and emails from Russian military officers and information gleaned from a top-secret source close to Mr. Putin, who had described to the C.I.A. how the Kremlin decided to execute its campaign of hacking and disinformation."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/18/worl … ling-.html

Despite this, in July 2018 at a press conference in Helsinki with Putin, this happened:

Press Pool Reporter: "Just now, President Putin denied having anything to do with election interference in 2016. Every U.S. intelligence agency concluded Russia did. My first question for you, sir, is who do you believe?"

Trump: "Dan Coates came to me and some others. They said they think it’s Russia. I have President Putin, he just said it’s not Russia. I will say this. I don’t see any reason why it would be. . .  I have great confidence in my intelligence people. But I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today. ".

Note: the majority of Trump's reply was (bizarrely) related to Hillary Clinton's emails. A full transcript is here:
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/16/i-hold- … of-tr.html

Press Pool Reporter: "Mr. President, you tweeted this morning that it is U.S. foolishness, stupidity and the Mueller probe that’s responsible for decline in U.S. relations with Russia. Do you hold Russia at all accountable for anything in particular, and if so, what would you consider that they are responsible for?"

Trump: "Yes, I do. I hold both countries responsible. I think that the United States has been foolish...I think that the [Mueller] probe is a disaster for our country. I think it kept us apart; it kept us separated...

Did Trump forget a source inside the Kremlin confirmed Putin personally ordered and orchestrated interference in the 2016 election?

Trump later tried to backtrack, my question is, has Trump ever unequivocally condemned Russia for its interference in the 2016 election? If he has, I can find no record of it.

If he has not, would anyone like to defend this lack of condemnation, especially given the fact we now know Trump was fully aware of the strength of evidence showing that Russia meddling?

2. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 4 years ago

I would chalk his hesitation up to a clear difference of opinion as to what extent that meddling had on affecting the election. I don't think anyone thinks they weren't actively using social media.  The difference of opinion comes as to, did they influence opinion and cause votes to change? The left acts as if they hacked into voting booths. Which is completely untrue.  I think they just did the same thing we do and attempted to influence. I can't blame them if their actions are no different from ours.

I think they meddled and had negligible effect.  I saw a gentleman who used to work for Google testify  before Congress that Google, low end,  caused Hillary to get 2 million extra votes.  Possibly 10 million. That's never made it to the news outlets.

You have so many on the left swearing the election is invalid, warping information to spin it as negatively as possible against Trump,  he probably feels that's a minefield he'd rather walk the perimeter of.  No meaningful dialogue would result.  The left would just ignore everything but their hatred of Trump.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)