What's Really Important to President Trump?

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (26 posts)
  1. crankalicious profile image94
    crankaliciousposted 16 months ago

We're in the middle of a worldwide pandemic and the President tweets this:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
    Because the “Ratings” of my News Conferences etc. are so high, “Bachelor finale, Monday Night Football type numbers” according to the @nytimes, the Lamestream Media is going CRAZY. “Trump is reaching too many people, we must stop him.” said one lunatic. See you at 5:00 P.M.!

11:06 AM - Mar 29, 2020
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

65.2K people are talking about this

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Is there any doubt he suffers from a narcissistic personality? Everything is all about him. He wouldn't have it any other way.

2. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Our president is mentally ill with a textbook case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder: This is just one more piece of readily available evidence that will one day be thoroughly compiled and categorized for students of mental illness to study.

crankaliciousposted 16 months agoin reply to this

I'm starting to wonder if this sort of thing is his effort to create chaos. Perhaps he realizes that when he does things like this, so many on the Left go nuts that he garners precisely the kind of attention he wants. I'm not sure what his rationale is exactly, but he reminds me of my 11-year-old, who doesn't much care whether the attention he gets is negative or positive. He just wants the attention. And in the politics business, particularly given how it riles his base in defense, any attention is good for him.

1. profile image0

Could be, but I'm not sure he's that strategic in his thinking. But yeah, we go nuts and his supporters love him even more.  Sad.

2. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Applause (really!).  You are beginning to discern the difference between what Trump is and the public, political persona he projects.  Projects for specific purposes, I might add.

To date PrettyPanther has not been able to crack that barrier, preferring instead to simply ride the "BASH TRUMP" bandwagon for all it's worth, without regard to truth, as it's the easy way out.  So we see silly claims of mental illness, brought by quacks ignoring their oaths and making a diagnosis without ever having an examination.  And by people completely untrained in the field, for much the same reason.  It's an easy excuse to play the Bash game, and requires no support whatsoever.

Sure. I mean if the difference is that his supporters give him credit for that explanation and his detractors don't see it, that makes some sense. I just can't wrap my brain around somebody with so little intellectual curiosity concocting that kind of scheme. If so, it's as much a rebuke of his supporters as his detractors. He's just playing some incredible game we're not understanding?

I think there's some truth to his perception of how to manipulate the media. I just don't think there's anything very deep about it.

1. wilderness profile image96

Not positive I'm following you, but yes, there is a scheme.  And most people are not understanding it even though the results are slapping them in the face.  He is the President of the United States; he won the highest office in the world.  And he didn't do it by playing the PC games we've come to expect; he did it by inventing his own rules and his own game and winning at that.

He is a master at manipulating the media.  Like it or not, even whether you agree or not, Donald Trump is a master at nearly everything he seriously attempts, most definitely including manipulating both the media and the masses.  Deep or not, it has worked, and worked very well.  Every day for the past 4 years Donald Trump has been in the news.  His name is repeated hundreds of thousands of times every day.  Everyone in the country, and most of the developed world, talks about him every day.  And if you don't think that is one of Trump's goals you are mistaken.

I mean, that's definitely a valid way to look at it. There's no question he's manipulating the media and not the other way around.

It's just that inside information from people who have worked with him doesn't seem to support him being very competent.

Being successful as a capitalist isn't necessarily being successful as a person. Hillary Clinton was accused of all these horrible things, like murdering people, without evidence, and now we make some pretty good assumptions using a lot of circumstantial and direct evidence about Trump, but it's not good enough?

I think there's definitely something to what you're saying. Trump equates success with numbers. He just lies about the math all the time and it's why few people trust him and many people despise him.

That said, he is a President for our times, no doubt. Really, Dan, some of your direct criticisms of liberal-think explain perfectly why Trump is President.

And finally, how is any of what you're saying not just pure speculation?

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

Are you qualified to call him sane, Dan?

1. Live to Learn profile image78
              Live to Learnposted 16 months agoin reply to this

The point is that Dan is intelligent enough to know you need competent professionals, not biased sources with an obvious agenda.

Biased sources feeding your bias may make you happy but it doesn't make for truth.

Which, I would think would make you despise Trump, since he displays nothing but contempt and ignorance toward competent professionals.

1. Live to Learn profile image78
                  Live to Learnposted 16 months agoin reply to this

You look at the man. I look at the policies.

Which will reverse, for you, if Biden takes office and you reversed with Hillary. You don't have an credibility in this.

Could you repost that last part in English?

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

You're speaking of Fox News?

Foolish question...can you point to where I made the claim he is?  Deflect as you may, it remains that those claiming mental illness have exactly zero to base it on and nearly always are not qualified to make the diagnosis anyway.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60

Foolish answer....you neither denied nor affirmed whether you thought if he is sane or not, yet you referred to others questioning his sanity as "quacks."

Are you even qualified to call these people quacks?

3. profile image0

Lol, whatever makes you feel better for defending such a disgusting "man."

1. profile image0

Wilderness has, more than once, declared a shooter to be "crazy." When I called him on it, he never responded. Twice. He's just defending his man in whatever manner he can.

Point to any defense, please?  I have addressed the foolishness of making calls without evidence, but did not defend anyone.  You, on the other hand, will nearly always take questioning your own faulty reasoning as a defense of what you incorrectly attack with that same faulty reasoning.  It isn't; it is questioning your inability to reason.

1. profile image0

So, when multiple medical professionals who have years of a wide variety video and other evidence to make a diagnosis, say that Trump is mentally ill, my reasoning is faulty for believing them while yours is not? And somehow your dismissal of these experts, not to mention your own eyes and ears, is not a defense of Donald Trump?

Not buying' it.

As for Trump being a master at media manipulation, I won't dispute that. Yes, he is good at keeping himself front and center, day in and day out, which fulfills his neurotic need for non-stop attention, due to his NPD. It is  not a sign of some great genius. It is not good for anything or anyone except to fill the giant, emoty, pathetic hole in Donald Trump's soul.

It is not something to admire no matter how you try to say so.

This morning, as I type this, he is accusing first responders of stealing masks. Why? Because there aren't enough and it makes him look bad so he tries to blame others. He is a sick, sick, disgusting man.

1. wilderness profile image96

Been over this before.  Over and over and over and over.

Please point to the single physician that has performed a mental evaluation on Donald Trump.  Then point to his diagnosis and conclusions (Hint: it is the White House physician and he reports mental health, not illness).

Now point to the quacks that unethically publicly report a diagnosis made without and examination, made by observing Trumps faux public "face" used in his political dealings.  (Hint: that's the rest of the quacks, including the idiots that make a diagnosis without any training at all).  This includes those silly enough to assign reasons for Trumps actions without ever even trying to understand what he's doing or why ("It is not good for anything or anyone except to fill the giant, emoty, pathetic hole in Donald Trump's soul."). 

I know you won't "buy" that professional quacks making a diagnosis without an examination, and doing so against their professional ethical standards, should not be listened to, for that removes an excuse to bash Trump.  That is not an ideal result, for you, so you won't take it.  But at the same time your refusal to be honest or use logical, reasoning process to make conclusions does not help in getting people to believe your nonsense. 

"This morning, as I type this, he is accusing first responders of stealing masks. Why? Because there aren't enough and it makes him look bad so he tries to blame others."

Either you are incapable of conceiving of first responders that would steal a life saving product, or you just don't want to consider it so as to be able to bash Trump.  Which is it?  You don't have the ability to conceive of such a thing or just don't want to admit it might be true in order to bash away?

1. profile image0

My Gawd.

That's all I got.

3. MizBejabbers profile image90
          MizBejabbersposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Your 11-year-old likes any kind of attention, huh. Back in my days in school, days of no political correctness, our health books described three kinds of mental retardation, moron, imbecile and idiot. I forget the other two, but I remember that the mildest form was that of "moron" defined as a person with the mental age of a 12-year-old. With no disrespect to your son because he is in that chronological age range, calling Trump a moron is closely accurate.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)