Some will tell you they are not religious, but they are spiritual.
What is the difference?
Considering there is only one God.
or IS there more than one?
This is so refreshing. Religious means adhering to the dogma/principles of a religion. Religious people only see their perspective religious purview. Religious people oftentimes aren't accepting of those who don't share their religious purview. They are also judgmental of those who don't subscribe to their religious views.
Spiritual people are those who go outside the strictures of religion. They see God as all encompassing. They realize that each person is on his/her own spiritual pathway & understand this. They don't condemn others because they maintain that each person has his/her spiritual perspective.
I would also add that not all spiritual people believe in a deity. Some are spiritually attuned with nature.
Spiritual means you haven't figured it out yet. Religion means you have. (Whether you are right or not is a whole other question.
Spiritual people are inner directed while religious people are dogmatic and outer directed. Spiritual people are free flowing in their morality & belief while religious people are constrained to the dogma of their religious authority.
I don't think so. I am religious in that I know there is a god. I am spiritual in that I don't know who he/she/it is.
God is beyond human imagination. God is all encompassing. God is all. You have presented an excellent synopsis here, Lovetherain.
“ religious” doesn’t necessarily apply to be spiritual. ( The God- creator of the universe isn’t religious!). After all these my long years living on this earth, my conclusion is as of present “ my religion is healthy eating and being active in order to be physically fit to the end of my journey.
.... ‘there is only one God “- true. There is also the real spiritual world dominating all around us who we are and what we do... It’s “normal” a practical to be/act “ spiritually. We hear that inner small voice , ( we think that we are thinking) - then we act. Thus everyone of us expresses himself/ herself what our “ spirituality” is. ( Good or evil; evil or good).
Now , there are more informations available in the literature called the Bible... From that book ALL needed facts of the “ spiritual” world are clearly presented... You know it, as well I know that...
Are democrats more spiritual? or more religious?
Affiliation to a political party or even to any “ religious “ group doesn’t make a person less/more spiritual. A man is - we as individual being are spirit, have a soul and living in the body. To whom you and I dedicate my “ spirit life “ will be known, visible and manifested by the deeds, and words here and now...
Nationalism is worst than religion. Spiritual is mainly the unknowns and God is a word. Know thou self with love and others is a much better pursuit. Rather than being told all the time what to think and do.
Democrats seem to believe they have more "goodness' than conservatives
and that conservatives are "hard-hearted."
For instance, conservatives are NOT for:
*allowing foreigners into the country illegally.
*funding women's abortions.
*a gunless society.
*sharing wealth equally through redistribution of wealth.
*government/federal assistance where avoidable.
*giving special privileges to the LGBT community (since they are already given the same constitutional rights as everyone else.)
*being overly generous to the federal government.
Liberals can be classified as Christians in the old sense. They believe that everyone should have a life of comfort-without struggle. They maintain that there should be no wealthy people while there are poor people around. They view wealth as exploitative & abusive to those who aren't such. Liberals are the ones who feel guilt because they have while others don't & will do anything to assuage such supposed inequality.
Kathryn, did you know that many revolutionaries such as Lenin & Castro came from affluent, educated families. The same with Che Guevara, an Argentine leftist. He came from a wealthy Argentine family. Liberals have immense guilt regarding achievement & success. They feel that such things are sinful. They feel that people are poor because of oppression instead of poor life choice on their part. This explains why governments are the best friend of Liberals & Leftists.
Conservatives, believe it or not, are more New Age in orientation. They believe in self-determination & self-sufficiency. They believe that everyone has choices to make their lives better or worse. They believe in the bootstrap philosophy-everyone should learn to do for themselves. If they are wealthy, they are proud of their hard work & success. They are unapologetic regarding their achievements. They don't believe in handouts, but hands ups only when absolutely necessary. They believe that God helps those who help themselves. They contend that charity is the road to sloth.
So, God would want:
*all foreigners allowed into the country regardless of citizenship?
*the people to contribute financially to abortions?
*a gunless society?
*sharing wealth equally through redistribution of wealth?
*government/federal assistance even where avoidable?
*special privileges for the LGBT community?
*more power and money for the federal government?
God wants people to live to their full potential. God wants people to make intelligent & mature choices. God don't want lazy, dependent, irresponsible, or otherwise unaccountable people who depend upon others for their lifestyle.
People who think they "know" what their God wants are egotistical.
They know they are going to heaven because they obey their God. The other 2999 out of 3000 main God's, are fake. I believe in one less God than this, although don't claim to know.
Liberals do not believe in Willdom, but God does.
Which is why he stays quietly behind the scenes.
(If Liberals are oh so spiritual and good, why don't they hush the heck up?
Rewriting (the Story of) the Genesis
Whether you are religious or not — you have been affected by the account of the Biblical Genesis. We all know it. But what if someone rewrote it? I know it sounds impossible, but why it can not be done? Let's do an experiment. We shall rewrite the story of the genesis in this very hub.
So, let us begin.
The Genesis (Rewritten)
1. There was an infinite cloud of sanguine color. That cloud was moving in and across itself, in a manner of beauty. The cloud was self-consciousness incarnate.
2. The cloud — being infinite in nature — could knot itself — and break as separate units of self-consciousness incarnate. A large chunk of this infinite cloud knotted itself, and broke away. It then saw the larger other infinite chunk. It then shot an arrow into the heart of that larger chunk. That larger chunk then reached for the ends of the sky~space, and became golden in color. The entire universe became as restless as innumerable restless swarms of innumerable butterflies. That other chunk was God~chunk.
3. That God~chuck knotted itself a million times, and a million souls were born. Those million human souls then knotted a billion times, and a billion animal souls were born. Those billion animal souls then knotted a trillion times, and a trillion insect souls were born. Thus, creation was complete.
4. These souls were all like clouds of mists. Then created the planets, stars, comets, galaxies — like mists. These forms then solidified. The universe solidified. The world was born.
5. The first hounded men and women opened their eyes to the morning, sanguine sun. Their connection with the God~chunk had become weakened. Their connections with each other had also weakened. Their connection with the animal and insect souls had also weakened. They ate fruits from the apple trees. Drank the water of fountains. And bathed in the sea water. This lifestyle continued for an indefinite amount of times. Then they discovered the snakes.
6. They loved all the other animals. They especially loved the lions. But the snakes were discordant in all of nature, and they bit humans and killed them. The humans were alarmed. They had now discovered death. They soon realized — if they don't do something about it — soon the fifty men and fifty women would die within years, and their race would be extinct. They observed how the animals procreated. They found it to be filthy. But they did it themselves. And the first babies were born in the world.
7. When men realized that they could give birth to human beings — they became God~like in their consciousness. Now they had no strings attached on their heads (i.e., no restrictions in their consciousness). Earlier, they were vegetarians. They had also taught the lions and tigers to eat only fishes. But now, humans started to hunt animals. This touched the minds of the lions, and they too, started to kill for food.
People who proclaim what their God "thinks" are egotistical.
".... ‘there is only one God “- true."
How do we gain knowledge of God?
Religious people read The Bible, The Bhagavad-Gita, The Book of Mormon or the Koran.
Spiritual people read these books, as well.
... but there is more than these sources to gain awareness and knowledge of God. There are more than these sources in learning how to relate to God in becoming increasingly happy, joyful and Self-realized.
Spiritual people incorporate what they read and believe into their lives in a practical way.
Religious people do too, I hope. They may not feel comfortable with it though.
I wonder why?
If I had a gun to my head (which happens in history alot) to pick a God. I would pick George Carlin. Unless it was the Jahil asking.
by Phocas Vincent 7 years ago
Is it possible to truly be religious as well as believe in the evidence of science with theories such as evolution, the Big Bang and dinosaurs existing prior to man not along side? (Please keep it clean and civil guys, thank you.)
by Marc Lee 5 years ago
Do you consider yourself spiritual or religious, and what do you see as the difference?
by Sherlock221b 8 years ago
Since joining HubPages, I have read the many evolution versus creationism and atheism versus religion debates. As an atheistic evolutionist, I have read what I considered to be the strange views of a religious minority, including beliefs in intelligent design and other forms of...
by mdawson17 12 years ago
I have heard some people say they are spiritual and others say they are religious! I can honestly say I am spiritual I have an intimate relationship with Christ as I understand him!This forum is set up for those to post there views on the differences between religion and spirituality!I will follow...
by little johnny 10 years ago
Can you be spiritual or be a believer of God apart from religion or the Church?
by Clayton Hartford 8 years ago
Why do liberals think everyone needs to pay for everyone else.The left constantly berates the Right for not being willing to fund their social pet projects. Why should I be willing to pay for others willingly, when those folks just don't hard enough? Any honest thoughts as to why some feel it is...
Copyright © 2022 Maven Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers on this website. HubPages® is a registered trademark of Maven Coalition, Inc. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. Maven Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers to this website may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|