Antifa now protesting Biden

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (46 posts)
  1. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 3 years ago

I thought Antifa hated President Donld Trump.  Seems they don't like Biden either.

“WHAT HAPPENED?
    Violent protesters, who were reportedly associated with Antifa, marched down the streets of Portland’s Pearl District smashing cars and vandalizing businesses.

WHY WERE THEY PROTESTING?
    The pre-planned violence came in response to immigration policy being enacted under Biden, KOIN reported, specifically the reopening of a detention center for unaccompanied migrant children.
    The facility — located in Carrizo Springs, Texas — is capable of housing hundreds of children, and was the site of controversy under former President Donald Trump.
    The Biden administration said reopening the facility was necessary because of a spike in border crossings and coronavirus-related restrictions meant other government facilities designed to house migrant children have lower-than-normal capacity limits.
    Reopening the facility earned Biden condemnation from immigration activists.”

https://clarion.causeaction.com/2021/02 … usinesses/

1. Live to Learn profile image59
      Live to Learnposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Well, you have to respect the fact that they aren't hypocritical or two faced. They protest left or right for not aligning with their principles.

2. Sharlee01 profile image79
      Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I guess Biden may be learning when it rains it pours...  Wonder how far these protesters will take this.  Maybe we will have another peaceful summer of love. You know with millions of dollars of damage, multiple law enforcement injuries, and maybe even a few deaths.  One thing, as a rule, the Dems turn the other way, so it will be interesting to see what Biden will do. I had not heard of these latest Portland protests. Seems the media is doing their job. LOL

found a bit of footage. Not easy had to search for local footage. I noted the local media did not mention any specific group, just that they were dressed in all black.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0RT9jpJwlI

1. GA Anderson profile image89
        GA Andersonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Just to stir the pot; can we be sure these protestors were Antifa?

If you look at :48 of the video it sure looks like more of those ZipTie handcuffs hanging from that marcher's waist. Wasn't that also seen at the Capitol insurrection?

Maybe they were Trump supporters, or maybe the Capitol guy was Antifa? Hmm . . .

GA

1. Sharlee01 profile image79

I never actually identified the group that protested, I quoted what the media said in regards to them wearing black. I was very careful not to name the group. I have no idea who these protesters were. was very careful and said --- "Not easy had to search for local footage. I noted the local media did not mention any specific group, just that they were dressed in all black."

I have no way of knowing who was at any given protest. I will say over the past summer there were articles that identified some of the protesters and what groups they were affiliated with.

Perhaps someday we will be made aware of thugs that attacked the Capitol. I would think it may have been was far-right.  t seemed very well planned, whoever they were they blended in well with peaceful Trump supporters. But who knows...  It certainly worked to get rid of Trump. And who wanted him gone?  The Capitol riot has all the needed innuendos for a good conspiracy.

One thing I can say for the protesters in Portland they sure have the stamina and are in it for the long run.

Take a breath Sharlee. I wasn't criticizing what you said. I only referenced your link to stir the pot.

You know, some are saying this Antifa thing is really an Illuminatti operation.

GA

1. profile image0
              PrettyPantherposted 3 years agoin reply to this

A church burned down yesterday in my little town of 5000. Guess who did it? Antifa!

No, actually it was two boys, aged 10 and 11.

Remember the horrible wildfires all over Oregon and California last summer? Antifa!

No, not really, but it was all over social media for awhile.

Hmm . . . I thought that I saw those wildfires were from Illuminatti satellite lasers. I guess the Antifa connection makes sense then.

GA

Took no offense. Just reiterated my thoughts. It is very evident that some here do scurry to my comments, and often misconstrue them. Very much want to clarify I made no mention of Antifa or any group... Some take a comment and view it as a coded message, just adding whatever meaning they choose to believe.  If I wanted to make mention of Antifa I would, in this conversation I was more disturbed by the lack of some of our society not addressing the fact we had and are still having some very destructive riots in Portland.  I really don't care who is out there committing crimes, it disturbs me some in our society can bury their heads in the sand ignoring the damage these protesters are doing to a city.  My comments were geared to discuss that subject.  I think my comments come off too straightforward and can leave one to intrepid them wrongly or they just don't appreciate my opinion due to it clashing with their own.  So, no I did not think you were criticizing my opinion. If I felt you were I would have come back at you with hair flying. LOL

If you want my true opinion on the various protesters, I would say it a bunch of  20 some year olds with nothing to do.  Otherwise, my common sense tells me they would not have the time to be out in the streets vandalizing. Sort of hard to get up in the morning to head off to work if you were out the night before vandalizing.   I don't think that Antifa is connected to the Illuminatti, they just do not appear to be an Enlightened secret society. Antifa seems to be a loosely organized social media group. 

Now the Capitol, I think that was another story, a much scarier one... A  group or groups that have prayed for that very day to come. Well organized, and dangerous. Some arrested were from Michigan. We have a  militia that has been around for decades. When they come out they as a rule are armed with guns, a while back they took over our Capitol building. They remained peaceful, but are a very menacing organization. I believe a couple of them were arrested due to participating in the Capitol attack.

2. wilderness profile image94
            wildernessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

"t seemed very well planned, whoever they were they blended in well with peaceful Trump supporters."

I can't agree with this.  There seemed to be almost NO planning - they were not equipped to break the windows or open the doors.  They didn't know where the offices were or where the counting was happening.  The entire interior seemed to be a mystery.  They mostly seemed to be there for a lark - not for any specific task.

It looked much more like the only planning was for a handful to incite the rest to riot.

3. lovetherain profile image80
      lovetherainposted 3 years agoin reply to this

They are letting those Pigs destroy Portland. Why?

2. Kenna McHugh profile image92
    Kenna McHughposted 3 years ago

This is only one of the few issues people have with Biden.

3. Valeant profile image85
    Valeantposted 3 years ago

Everyone who holds a protest is Antifa to the right.

Glad arrests were made if there was destruction.

Claiming the violence was pre-planned is a bit of a stretch considering that windows got smashed after the police presence showed up and confronted them.

4. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 3 years ago

Just thought you might want to see how it was reported locally.

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/202 … unday.html

No mention of Antifa. Three businesses vandalized. 150 protestors. Two arrested, one a 17-year-old boy returned to his parents.

When I googled it, multiple headlines from right-wing websites were the top results. The funniest was "Violent Antifa protests rage across Portlad" or something to that effect.

I live in Oregon and my best friend (the one who was scooped up by police for the crime of standing with a sign) lives in Portland. It's really sad how far these "news" sites will go to get clicks from their readers eager to read about scary liberals.

5. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 3 years ago

I'm shocked that too many people are just accepting this wanton destruction of private property and businesses.  Their political message gets ignored when this happens.  They just look like a bunch of criminals looking for a reason to destroy things.

1. profile image0

Who is accepting it?

1. wilderness profile image94

When one out of 150 people is under arrest, somebody is ignoring it, wouldn't you say?

1. profile image0

Lol, maybe the two who were picked up were the ones caught damaging property. That would be the logical explanation. You can't arrest someone for simply protesting.

Just me, but 2 out of 150 (one a child) doesn't sound very logical.  Nor was it last summer, when it was ignored then, too.

1. profile image0

You seem to be assuming all 150 committed a crime.

About as much as you are assuming that a single person (plus a child) did it all.

1. profile image0

I'm assuming they were the ones caught doing it. How utterly crazy, right?

Geez, Loueez.

LOL  You wish to declare what others think, expect them to do it for you.

As a matter of (reported) fact, Portland police were busy in the rest of the city; too busy to take care of the riot.  Same excuse they used last summer.

Watch the local footage. One can see very few police even showed up. Just let these protesters run loose. Thankfully these peaceful protesters stay on mainly in Portland.  It looks like Portland is a war zone or what Trump called a true  S----- hole.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0RT9jpJwlI
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFz0MkYAp-c

Glad I don't live there.

I know people that do, though, and he explains that there are no riots.  Even that last years rioting was very, very small.

Head in the sand.

1. profile image0

Or, perhaps your news sources are exaggerating. Like the many headlines I saw regarding the incident discussed here..

Of course; if you don't like what is shown it is fake.  Got it.

1. profile image0

I trust The Oregonian newspaper, in Portland, to more accurately report what is happening in Portland.

Yeah, I know, that's crazy! big_smile

1.  Is it politically palatable for that paper to report honestly when things are going bad for liberals?

2.  Who are the readers (liberal/conservative) and what do they want to hear?

I would agree with you were it a small town paper (if there are any left!).  I used to trust my local TV news in little old Boise, but as the city grows and changes it is becoming more and more liberal.  Leaving out what liberals don't like, putting in and emphasizing what they do.

So, for me and IMO, even large cities are joining the political parade of telling us what will buy them readers/viewers rather that all of it.  Just my opinion, for I certainly have not checked big city local news.

I am no sure if the protests are kept in a small area. I only see what has been posted on youtube or media.  Looks like a lot of destruction.   

I was talking about people in general, a segment of society that seems to be able to ignore the destruction. It would seem you know people in the area that claim it's not all that bad. Who to believe my eyes or people that live in the areas this is going on?  The footage does show lots of damage, and this clip was from local news. Looked like lots of damage, as did the summer footage.

I have come to realize that in some cases if the protest does not personally affect them think they don't consider the hardships others are living through due to having their businesses and property vandalized. And their neighborhoods become pretty scary places.  Hard to figure out this kind of mentality.  But many have come to be able to justify these destructive protests. 

And yes the political message does get ignored.

1. profile image0

I would like you to point out where anyone in these forums said they support people who damage businesses or property of any kind? I would like to know who has "come to be able to justify these destructive protests" as you say "many" have done?

For the record, I don't agree with the message of the group of 150 people being discussed in this thread.

"I would like you to point out where anyone in these forums said they support people who damage businesses or property of any kind? "

Did I say anyone in this forum said they supported people who damage businesses or property of any kind?

1. profile image0

Okay, then, who were you referring to?

Which one of my comments are you even referring to? It would help if I was aware of where you got the opinion I was specifically pointing someone out. Words and context would be helpful.

I have reread my comments most of them were very general conversations directly responding to another comment.

1. profile image0

I have come to realize that in some cases if the protest does not personally affect them think they don't consider the hardships others are living through due to having their businesses and property vandalized. And their neighborhoods become pretty scary places.  Hard to figure out this kind of mentality.  But many have come to be able to justify these destructive protests.

And yes the political message does get ignored.

]https://hubpages.com/politics/forum/35 … ost4177329

Just wondering who these many people are. They sound very callous.

1. tsmog profile image85
                  tsmogposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The link needs to be reformated as it goes nowhere now. Just a heads up.

I used the words in some cases as a general description. The entire comment was a general analysis that I formed over many months of reports that depict Portland protests that as a rule left damage to the city.      For example, some in the media have called the protests peaceful. I have noted interviews with citizens that live in Portland, and they felt they were something they could support. Persons I have come across in general have expressed the summer protests were peaceful. Just offered a general opinion.

An opinion I came by from watching videos of the protests showing the riot footage and the destruction that is visible, reading articles that gave damage cost, injuries, deaths, etc... I also posted two videos of the recent protest we are discussing on this thread. The videos were from local Portland network news that showed the damage as it was being committed live.    One video tells of people being in a restaurant when windows were being broken and they had to take cover. Did you watch the clips? IMO It would be very hard for me to call them anything but a destructive riot, that left many buildings damaged.

I don't as a rule agree with or care for your opinion, I don't question it.  I look at it as your right.   In this case, mine is very clearly offered in my comment, and ya got what ya got.

The link failed

1. profile image0

So, it was a sweeping indictment of "many" people who you cannot identify.

My friend who lives in Portland supported the George Floyd protests but did not support the rioters who moved in after curfew to cause trouble. I suspect that is the position of the "many" you reference.

6. RJ Schwartz profile image87
    RJ Schwartzposted 3 years ago

A terrorist group is still a terrorist group, regardless who is in office.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)