How Many Whistleblower's Will It Take To Bring Hunter To Justice

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image80
    Sharlee01posted 9 months ago

https://hubstatic.com/16626958_f1024.jpg

Hopefully, we will see more government agents come forward if they feel the agency they are working for has been weaponized by the current administration.  This hearing today should provide first-hand accounts of two IRS  agents that have claimed the Hunter Biden investigation was irregular, and that Hunter Biden should be charged with several felonies.

OUT OF THE SHADOWS
    IRS agent 'Whistleblower X' opening statement revealed: 'People deserve to know the truth

"Two whistleblowers who alleged the Justice Department politically interfered with an investigation into President Biden’s youngest son, Hunter, will testify before Congress at 1 p.m. Wednesday, including "Whistleblower X," a 13-year special agent of the IRS whose identity will be revealed for the first time during the hearing, and former investigation supervisor Greg Shapley.

According to an opening statement released ahead of the hearing, the unidentified official intends to describe himself as a "whistleblower compelled to disclose the truth" and to shed light on "the shadow that looms over our federal legal system."

"I have witnessed the corrosion of ethical standards and the abuse of power that threaten our nation. It is within this context that I have chosen to shed light on these actions and expose those responsible. I recognize that while I was present at the start of this investigation and was closely involved with the investigation for roughly five years —  that I am just a part of the story," the opening statement continued. "My aim is to address systemic problems that have allowed misconduct to flourish. It is not a call for blame but a call for accountability and reform."

"Transparency is the foundation of our democracy," the unidentified IRS agent will tell Congress Wednesday. "Without it, people lose their trust in the institutions and the bonds that tie the fabric of our nation start to fray. The American people deserve to know the truth no matter how uncomfortable or inconvenient it may be for either political party."

The IRS whistleblowers claim there was a pattern of "slow-walking investigative steps" into Hunter Biden, which included instructions not to speak with him at his residence, tipping the president’s son and staff off about the ongoing efforts, and delaying enforcement actions in the months before the 2020 presidential election.

Leaders of the House Judiciary, Oversight and Accountability, and Ways and Means committees will join together Wednesday to host the IRS whistleblowers for what is expected to be an intense hearing.

The two IRS agents were assigned to the federal investigation into Hunter Biden’s tax and gun charges. Biden ultimately pleaded guilty to the misdemeanor tax offenses as part of an agreement with federal prosecutors in a lenient deal that prompted criticism from Republican lawmakers. The hearing comes as House Republicans continue to investigate the president and his family after the Justice Department failed to find evidence of criminal conduct.

The House Ways and Means Committee previously voted to publicly share hundreds of pages of testimony from IRS employees. In the testimony, the agents described several roadblocks agents on the case, such as trying to interview individuals relevant to the case or issue search warrants, which they ultimately claim impeded their investigation.

In one specific case, Shapley described IRS agents’ efforts to execute a search warrant of a storage facility in Virginia where the younger Biden’s documents were being stored. He said the assistant U.S. attorney involved in the case reached out to Hunter Biden’s lawyers and the tip-off ruined "our chance to get to evidence before being destroyed, manipulated, or concealed." Read more ---
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/irs-ag … know-truth

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
      Kathleen Cochranposted 9 months agoin reply to this

But you defend Trump in his indictments. What are we up to now? 4 - 5?

Hunter was an addict and made bad choices. May he pay for them.

What was Trump's excuse? Whatever it was, let him pay for his mistakes.

Sharlee01posted 9 months agoin reply to this

Kathleen

Oh my once again please read the thread --- I did not make mention of Trump, and very rarely do on Hps...  I believe the only thing I posted about the Trump indictment was innocent until proven guilty.  This is one of my values. Please note this thread is an article. I added no view, just posted a current news article,  because it is current political news.  This is a political forum.

I tend to keep threads current, and about the guy that is in the White House currently. I am very much over all the Trump fodder. In my view, Biden provides enough current news to keep me very interested in what I need to concern myself

One thing I can assure you, I don't do back and forth comparing Trump to others. Just not interested.

I regard Hunter being a drug addict, and what appears is your willingness to look the other way. Hey, that is your right and your view. Thanks for your comment.

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
          Kathleen Cochranposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Once again, you did not understand what I wrote. Both should answer for their mistakes.

" I am very much over all the Trump fodder. " If only the courts would, right?

Noted and read

2. Sharlee01 profile image80

Well, we are at the first break in the Congressional hearing where two very credible whistleblowers have shared the truth about what they do in their jobs, and how very seriously they take their jobs. Both gave testimony that accuse  Hunter Biden of felony tax crimes and shared irregularities in how the crime allegation was handled in regard to bringing charges.

The Demacrates have done nothing but give speeches about Trump... As would be expected. 

The Democrats looked very unprepared, and fell back on the one thing they know best --- Trump Trump Trump... They looked foolish and were not able to even ask a sensible question on the subject. But, I think we are well accustomed to that.  ---   "Look here I can't go there".

Very clear to me, (And my view) that weaponization has occurred in the DOJ.

3. abwilliams profile image67
    abwilliamsposted 9 months ago

Wow, these guys are unflappable!

Oh yes, they are. I so respect their professionalism, and their diligence to keep their oath. They certainly have shown in my view, that we have some real problems with the Government's weaponization. The evidence is remarkable.  I would say Green also brought up a point n regard to ---   The Mann Act (also known as the White-Slave Traffic Act of 1910) is a federal law that criminalizes the transportation of “any woman or girl for the purpose of prostitution or debauchery or for any other immoral purpose.” The Mann Act was passed in June 1910 and was named after Illinois Congressman James R.

1. profile image56
        Annegrayposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Deleted

Well, that would be your view.

2. Sharlee01 profile image80

My thoughts on today's hearing in a nutshell --- During the inquiry, the credibility of the whistleblower's evidence remained unchallenged as no one questioned its veracity. However, the Democrats' response was quite hyperbolic. as they vociferously emphasized Trump's name over and over, seemingly without presenting any form of substantive counterarguments.   This approach, in my view,  ultimately backfired, as they appeared flustered by the solid facts presented.  They again in my view,  led to them making a less-than-favorable impression.

In contrast, the Republicans effectively punctured the Democrats' weak arguments and exposed the vulnerabilities in their stance.

It would appear at this point we need to hear from U.S. attorney Weiss under oath. And hopefully, more brave whistleblowers will step up, and do the right thing.  Most Americans detest corruption, and I am sure would like to get to the bottom of this alleged corruption.

1. profile image56

Deleted

I feel they should have had Weiss at this hearing even if under a subpoena. It would have been beneficial to have all under one roof.

Weiss's testimony is a must.

1. profile image56

Deleted

It would be very telling if Republicans don't bring him or if they dance around sending him just letters. It would certainly discourage other whistleblowers from stepping up on any given issue. he is the key, in my view, at this point. The committee will look very foolish if they don't bring him in. They in my view will lose credibility if they just say time to move on with the investigation.

3. Sharlee01 profile image80

CNN ---  The House Oversight Committee heard Wednesday from two IRS whistleblowers whose claims that the Justice Department politicized the Hunter Biden criminal probe have ignited a firestorm among Republicans.

One of the two whistleblowers identified himself publicly for the first time at the hearing: Joseph Ziegler, a 13-year IRS special agent with the Criminal Investigation Division.

In his testimony, Ziegler said he witnessed federal prosecutors deviating from normal procedures, and echoed fellow whistleblower Gary Shapley’s claims that IRS investigators recommended charging Hunter Biden with far more serious crimes than what the president’s son has agreed to plead guilty to.

“It appeared to me, based on what I experienced, that the US attorney in Delaware in our investigation was constantly hamstrung, limited, and marginalized by DOJ officials as well as other US attorneys,” Ziegler said.

The whistleblowers also told lawmakers Wednesday that Justice Department officials stopped their investigators from scrutinizing President Joe Biden and his grandchildren, after finding evidence potentially linking them to Hunter Biden’s troubled finances.

“When the subject’s father is somehow related to the finances of the subject, in the normal course of any Investigation, we would have to get that information, to properly vet the financial flows of money, and determine what we end up charging,” Shapley said, adding that his team was blocked from running down leads related to the president.

Ziegler, who is Shapley’s deputy, also told the panel in his written testimony that he wanted to interview Hunter Biden’s adult children after uncovering potentially illegal deductions in Hunter Biden’s tax returns, related to payments to his children. But a Justice Department prosecutor said that would “get us into hot water” and it didn’t happen, Ziegler wrote.

The Justice Department and the White House have previously denied the whistleblowers’ claims that there was any political interference in the Hunter Biden criminal probe. These allegations are consistent with their previous closed-door testimony, which was made public last month.

Biden has said he wasn’t involved in his son’s business deals.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/19/politics … index.html

1. profile image56

Deleted

NO, they investigated and found tax crimes that they both said were felonies. Maybe you need to watch the testimony. They offered what years he elude paying the proper amount of taxes. They even calculated what amounts he deprived the Government of collecting.

This was not the said information, it was first-hand conversations as well as personal emails to prove their allegations.

I will need to agree to disagree. I watched the hearing from beginning to end. I feel they backed up each and every one of their alligations.

2. Kosmo profile image95
        Kosmoposted 9 months ago

Trump is the devil compared to Hunter Biden, a typical bad boy with plenty of money to burn and little common sense.

Well, thank you for joining in.

3. Sharlee01 profile image80
        Sharlee01posted 8 months ago

“Today, a former FBI supervisory special agent assigned to the FBI’s Wilmington office and the Biden criminal investigation confirmed key portions of the IRS whistleblower’s testimony. The night before the interview of Hunter Biden, both Secret Service headquarters and the Biden transition team were tipped off about the planned interview. On the day of the Hunter Biden interview, federal agents were told to stand by and could not approach Hunter Biden—they had to wait for his call. As a result of the change in plans, IRS and FBI criminal investigators never got to interview Hunter Biden as part of the investigation.

“The Justice Department’s efforts to cover up for the Bidens reveals a two-tiered system of justice that sickens the American people. The Oversight Committee, along with the Judiciary Committee and Ways and Means Committee, will continue to seek the answers, transparency, and accountability that the American people demand and deserve.”
        https://oversight.house.gov/release/for … %EF%BF%BC/

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)