Hamas Massacre Body Camera Video

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 5 months ago

Would you watch this video?

The Israeli government on Monday screened for 200 members of the foreign press some 43 minutes of harrowing scenes of murder, torture and decapitation from Hamas’s October 7 onslaught on southern Israel, in which over 1,400 people were killed, including raw videos from the terrorists’ bodycams.

The government said it had decided to show journalists part of its collected documentation in order to dispel what a spokesperson characterized as “a Holocaust-denial-like phenomenon happening in real-time,” as doubts have been raised around the world about some of the most horrific of Hamas’s atrocities.

Journalists were not permitted to record the screening, which took place on a closed military base.

The footage was collected from call recordings, security cameras, Hamas terrorists’ body cameras, victim dashboard cameras, Hamas and victims’ social media accounts, and cellphone videos taken by terrorists, victims and first responders. Over 1,000 civilians were slaughtered by the terrorists, and at least 224 people were abducted.

In one pair of videos that were screened, Hamas terrorists are seen dressed in IDF uniforms, flagging down passing cars and then shooting their occupants.

Dead bodies are dragged out of vehicles and left in the middle of the road after terrorists rifle through their belongings and in some cases steal the blood-soaked, bullet-ridden cars.

In another, a man writhes on the ground, bleeding from his stomach, as a terrorist tries repeatedly to decapitate him with farming equipment. The man appears to be southeast Asian, possibly one of Israel’s foreign agricultural workers.

In another clip, from after the assault, an Israeli woman is seen trying to work out if a partially burned woman’s corpse, with a mutilated head, is that of a family member. The dead woman’s dress is pulled up to her waist and her underpants have been removed.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-shows … apitation/

1. Willowarbor profile image61
      Willowarborposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Israel has to put this information out, the world has watched America embrace wild conspiracy theories for at least the past 10 years and recently has only gotten worse.  Predominantly fueled by right-wing extremists.  I suppose they want to make it known to Americans that they cannot make this into yet another conspiracy event. 
      I mean we are sort of a gullible people that some of us continue to believe in qanon theories, In a stolen an election, even that Sandy Hook was staged by crisis actors.  I saw a man being interviewed at a Trump rally last week and talked about how Trump will finally show the truth that the Earth is flat. The edge is on an ice sheet in Antarctica according to him.  What do you think the rest of the world thinks when they see what we're embracing over here? You name it, we believe it, no facts needed. If it can be found on the internet, well then it must be true.  We look dim witted.   So I suppose that was their reason for putting out the brutal truth, even so a lot of Americans won't buy it.

Readmikenowposted 5 months agoin reply to this

I have no idea about anything you wrote.

The topic is viewing video footage from hamas terrorists who killed innocent men, women and children in Israel.  They were proud of what they did.  Killing innocent people who could not fight back.  Killing them in some of the most horrific ways possible.  Children and babies were not immune from their carnage.

This was done to over a thousand innocent people.

THEN they took hundreds of people hostage

The video reveals their sick depravity and total disregard for human life. hamas terrorists should not be considered no longer part of the human race.  They've proven themselves to be less than human.

The terrorists themselves made these videos.  It was taken from the terrorists who were captured and happily filmed what they had done.

The world needs to see the sick and twisted minds of these lowly terrorists.

2. peterstreep profile image81
      peterstreepposted 5 months agoin reply to this

I won't or can't look at those violent videos. But I don't have to look at those videos to know that Hamas is dismembering and killing and raping in the name of Allah with a smile on their face.
      Hamas use their own citizens as a human shield. All in the name of Allah. Hamas does not want a separate state for the Palestinians and the Jews. They are only happy when all the Jews are gone from the earth. This is a Jihad, not a political fight.
      Hamas is all against freedom of speech, against freedom of religion. A woman is only good for bearing a son, nothing more.
      Now the big question Israel faces is how to get rid of such a terror group without too many civilian casualties...How to attack a terror group that uses hospitals as a shield?

Netanyahu does not want a separate State either.

1. peterstreep profile image81

I don't know exactly what Netanyahu want or don't want. But Israel is a democratic state with several parties with different opinions. This is contrary to Gaza where the Hamas party does not allow opposition. Gaza is basically a dictatorship based on extreme Islamic ideas.

2. Castlepaloma profile image76
        Castlepalomaposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Mainly by seeing various videos interviews of Palestinians, Judaism and Zionist. And knowing a few from these 3 groups in Canada. Nobody can hold a candle to the white supremacist racism zionist,  by execution of war, murder, nuke weapons, terrorism, power and genocide in the Persians Gulf, only seconds to the US.

Anti-Semitism is racism against Judaism Jews. Zionism is racism against Palestinians, Arabs, and Muslims. Any form of racism erodes humanity. 

For every child Israel murders in Gaza , it just creates a few more Hamas.  Let Islamic culture  live and let live.on their own terms and land. Don't know of any two groups of people that hate other more. Let's be adults and separate them. Have US adopt zionist since they love them so much and US gives them more money than anyone.  The real reason Israel and US are trying to eliminate Palestinians Gaza is 480 billion dollars oil reserves underneath the ground of Gaza , just like all the other Muslims countries and the East owning 70% of the world's energy reserves.  It's Greed against faith.
        My bet is the brown Muslims spirit, family and home land for centuries. Plus 4 billion people BRICS members vs 980,000 NATO member. Wail 65% Americans want a ceasefire.

The Palestinians had the Gaza and they have elected their own government.
          After the elections in 2006 where Hamas was voted in Hamas killed members of the opposite party. After 2006 no elections were held.
          Hamas does not accept Israel as a state. It is a corrupt and violent movement with disregard for human life.
          There is no way you can defend Hamas.
          Before the brutal killings of the 7th of October, there was relative peace. Hamas knew what the reaction of Israel would be but Hamas does not give a shi$$ about their own citizens. Using their own citizens as human shields.
          Everybody talks about the Israeli army bombing hospitals but nobody talks about Hamas using these hospitals as a human shield. Think about this immoral choice.
          Hamas has a completely different ethics than the West does.

Tell me, what would your response have been when you were the president of Israel and Hamas slaughtered 1200 of your citizens? This attack is comparable and probably worse than 9.11.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76

Deleted

https://www.google.com/search?q=spain+i … dkEkI,st:0

Spain voted for a Gaza cease-fire at the  UN. I see a big Palestinians protest in Spain and lots of Palestinians flags. Also saw an Israel festival and flags, not a bad turn out, considering there is only 15 million jews in the world. And more than double that population of Palestinians in the world.

Most everyone dose condemns hamas massacre on October 7th. Remember 43 years before Hamas arrived. Israel still had an ethnic cleansing, apartheid and Occupation going on with Palestinians.

I thought, you may of thought, 9/11 was an conspiracy theory? When there was no Iraqis on those planes. Then US killed a million Iraqi women a  children for no reason.  Along with totally ruining 5 other Muslims countries.  The only ones backing the Israelis right now.  I'm sure other NATO countries are having strong second thoughts before jumping in with a dumbschool of land sharks.

"43 years before Hamas arrived. Israel still had an ethnic cleansing, apartheid and Occupation going on with Palestinians."

You really need to learn some history.

First thing, there were no people called palestinians until the 1960s when the PLO was created by Yassir Arafat...who was Egyptian.

You need to learn history and also the English meaning of apartheid, clensing, etc.

It is painfully obvious you do not know or understand the history of the area.

https://youtu.be/hT-V7Cc_q-s?si=A5yaopkYDeaSw4WL

Originally Truman and British wanted to give up all of  Palestine given on a silver platter to Zionist.  Then look at a map of Palestine in 1946. And then look at total reversal majority of the land to Israel zionist in 1948. There are a few interview of Judaism people (Not Zionist fake jews) older than Israel itself, who will tell all about the ethics cleaznng,  Occupation and apartheid of Palestine. There is double the population of Palestinians than Israelis spread among 32 countries, too many of them refugees from their own land.

2. peterstreep profile image81

Jews where expelled in all the moslim countries after WW2. Jews who lived for centuries in Iraq and Syria where told to leave. That's an ethnic cleansing too!

I was not talking about conspiricy theories. What I meant is that 9.11 had a huge impact on the American psyche and impacted the world in many ways.
                the 7 October attack has the same impact on the worldwide Jewish community and perhaps even bigger. And it will also have a huge impact on the world.
                By the way, both attacks were carried out in the name of Allah, by people who thought they would go to heaven by killing others.
                This Islamic fanatism is the biggest threat.
                They despise all that we stand for. Freedom of expression, Women's rights, The right to choose your own religion, your own sexual preferences.
                This "political party" is ruling the Gaza like a dictatorship since 2007.
                We can yell Freedom for the Palestina. But as long as Hamas or any extreme religious group is in power the Palestinians are not free and neither is Israel.

1. Sharlee01 profile image80
                  Sharlee01posted 5 months agoin reply to this

So well said...

2. Readmikenow profile image94

Very well said.

I think it is important to not associate all Muslims with Hamas or terrorists groups.  It is a huge religion with over a billion people in it.

I say this because I know there are many Muslims who have also died fighting terrorism.

I have met many Muslims who are very good people.

It's important we not paint all Muslims in the same picture.

Oh absolutely.  That's definitely an important point.
                    Actually, among the people kidnapped and murdered on 7th of October, there are also Muslims.

3. Castlepaloma profile image76

Don't ever ask me to ever understand the religious warlords and the sexual bigotry of religion and their endless conflicts.  Christian and Muslims countries are close to the same number of  illegal LGBT

There are over 100 Israeli illegal outposts in the West Bank. In total, over 450,000 Israeli settlers live in the West Bank excluding East Jerusalem, with an additional 220,000 Jewish settlers residing in East Jerusalem. Additionally, over 25,000 Israeli settlers live in the Golan Heights. What place in the world has a higher percentage of 10% jewish living in an predominantly Muslims places.  The 2nd largest Jewish settlers live in US at 2.4 % Jewish.

In the name of Allah, the killing Islamic fanatism are who, world's biggest threat?

If freedom Christians countries are so wonderful. Why are Muslims the world's fastest growing religion and Christianity the fifth fastest growing religion. I can respect each and every over ego herd mentally group. And visit them , yet wouldn't want to be them.

Syria has more than half their population disastrously destroyed. 5.5 million living in tents and 5.5 million refugees to other countries.  If I lived in a house with my family and for many generations or forefather for centuries. Then the two biggest bullies in the world came along like US and Israel . Then these bullies  kicked my family into the homeless streets, I'd be kinda upset over these bullies. It has been happening in my own country. Where triple the homelessness into tent cities. These syrian refugees are forced into live under bridges and in the streets too  Just to serve the madd greedies high profits to support their dreams and creating living nightmare for most people.  I just can't muster up enough heartlessness, bad imagination or monsterious punching down for them. Especially people of poverty. below the levels of the poorest African nations.

Don't want our tent cities in one of the coldest countries in the world Canada. Turn into 15 minutes cities or be like the next Palestinians.

The West Bank and Gaza are two different problems. Ruled by two different Palestinian parties. Strangly enough Hamas is more popular in the West Bank and Fatah is more popular in the Gaza.
                    What the Israel settlers doing in West Bank is not okay. (To put it mildly)
                    Netanyahu made a mess out of the West Bank by allowing the illegal Jewish settlements.
                    Apparently one of the reasons why the Israeli military (IDF) was so slow in reacting on the atrocities that happened near the Gaza border on the 7th of October was because most of the army was near the West Bank.
                    This war will be the downfall of Netanyahu for this reason alone. As his politics was not to keep the Israeli people save but to keep himself save.
                    Anyway. I'm not in favour of religion having its own country. As I think politics and religion should be separated. But that's what it is.

Yes, the two biggest threats are extreme right-wing (white supremacist) groups and Islamic death cults like Hamas/ISIS/Boko Haram/Al Qaeda/Hizballah.... It's quite a list.
                    I do not know any other religion that has so many fanatic groups that murder out of the name of their God.
                    (And please again, there are millions of peaceful Muslims, it's too easy and completely wrong to put them all together.)
                    Israel is a Jewish state in between Islamic countries and attacked from day one of its existence. Is a country not allowed to defend itself?

The Syrian crisis is a different one. And a terrible one at that. Friends of mine worked for an NGO in Syria before the war. I will ask them about this as I do not know enough about it to say anything about it. Only that I think it has little to do with Israel. But with Assad (killing thousands of its own people), Hizballah, the US, Russia, Iran, Turkey... It's a mess. - but it is a completely different problem. Except for the fact that again, religious Muslim nutcases are involved.

About the growing number of a religion, I don't know. I do know that Christianity and Islam are two religions that are aggressive and want to convert. I've never seen a Jew going door to door to convert people. The Jewish religion is not aggressive.
                    Luckily the Christian religions have become milder and there are no witch burnings anymore. But in Islamic countries, this is still the case. Look at the public executions in Iran!
                    It is a fight/clash about moral ideas.
                    And I can not defend people who see women as second-class people only good to cook and to give birth to a son. All these societies are patriarchal and all that testosterone is converted into violence.

About poor and rich. That's one of the big corruption problems in Gaza. The elite (read Hamas Connected) live in luxury (villas with swimming pools etc) but the majority of the people live in slums. It's an old story of corruption, and self-interest mixed with morals that are based upon a highly violent philosophy.

The attack on 7-10 was so brutal that Israel lost its tolerance with years on end Hamas as a neighbour. I don't know where this is going. Hopefully, Hizballah will not enter the war as well and things will escalate with an Iranian war...
                    But in the meantime, the Palestinian people do suffer on both sides. From the bombs of Israel and the craziness of their own party Hamas. They are between the hammer and the anvil.

3. Sharlee01 profile image80

I find it very hard to even comprehend the events of October 7th.  It's incredibly challenging due to the egregious atrocities we witnessed Hamas perpetrate. The pain and suffering inflicted on the victims, and their families are unimaginable. Additionally, the plight of those held by Hamas and their families, who now agonize waiting for information about their loved ones further compound the tragedy.

It's disheartening that amidst this crisis, some individuals choose to distort the narrative by either praising Hamas or denying the occurrence of these atrocities altogether. Expressing disdain for such individuals seems insufficient, as they shouldn't be afforded a platform to propagate illogical and baseless claims. To say their actions sicken me would be the mildest words I could share.

I thank you for your diligence in sharing truth, and facts...

The pro Palestinians and pro Israelis escalates emotionail extremist levels I've experienced between two groups of people ever. And that has been on going for 7 and half decades.  Being non religious,  a moderate and not keen on both cultures. Put me more into a non bias position.  No desire to visit neither country for their arts, or their extremism. Nor for the Zionist extreme wealthiest nor the extreme poverish Palestinians compared to the poorest countries in Africa.  Poverty is the greatest killer of all. I'm keen on the concept of Jesus cares for the sick, the poor and weak. He got angry over the mad greedy wealthiest. My emotional intelligence doesn't get to the inefficiency of angry. I like jesus idea of punching up occasionally and not punching down. I dont like centroism and the many centuries of Christians rape/pillaging and in endless conflicts worldwide. With hypocrisy to the highest degree.

Don't go for Zionist punching down for 75 years nor hamas or Palestinians punching down for 8 hours. If Israel kills off one Hamas for every 100 Gazans. That means to accomplish Israelis aim. Israel has to kill every Gazans to total extinction, leaving 10,000 hamas soldier to go.
        Just not good enough for anyone especially to their brotherhood countries.

2. Ken Burgess profile image76
    Ken Burgessposted 5 months ago

This is the problem, the media shields the public from this, rather than showing it.  Same for Israel if they are not showing it, allowing access to it, it will not be real to the public.

Even then there will be deniers, but at least majority would be outraged and disgusted by it, and thereby unsupportive of the hate we have seen recently directed toward Israel and the Jews.

Doing the Math.

In today's world, camaras are more powerful than the gun .  Most every adult has a cell phone with a Camara. And journalists have been killed at a rate 6 times faster than Iraq killing.  Even if Israelis denied killing of a ratio of 20to1 to Palestinians and US killing 1000 Arab Muslims to one American. Isn't that self explaintary who are the top terrorist  are? How is pounding down on the less fortunate people raising a higher standard for humanity. My dreams will not ever be based on anyone's nightmares. Thing are changing with BRICS and 6 new members will be the next majority of the collective consciousness and own 70% of the world's energy resources.

Israel  stealing most of the land for the last 73 years continually and ratio 20to1. Reminds me of the red nation of 500 years of genocide. At least on cameras since October 7th. The world can clearly see 1200 Israelis citizens killed adding on 200 Israelis soldiers killed in 8 hours. Compared  to nearly 12,000 Gazans are killed , after 10,000s buried under rubble , missing and  injured.  It should add up to give us the same number of 20to1 ratio murders again. Canada didn't start killing again in our history until Trudeau prime murderer of Canada went after Muslims countries.

The reason is not religion, religion is just another tool anyway. Go to the real source of Israelis/US greed. It's 450 $billion that under those assumed really bad people of SATAN!!!!

Follow the money.
      https://youtu.be/R_ojjTGJz7w?si=f2ZIYh-v53NKuqho

3. abwilliams profile image67
    abwilliamsposted 5 months ago

I can't do it, I can't click to watch, but I've seen enough and know enough for that horrific day to play out in my mind!
    I have visited the Holocaust museum, studied the timeline, as it all played out. As propaganda fanned the flames, as a group of people were depicted so cruelly in drawings and cartoons. As neighbors, co-workers, so-called friends were worked on, swayed, convinced, to see the Jewish people as less than human...
    Even so, with the timeline...the piles and piles of evidence, the headlines, the insulting cartoons and depictions, many weren't/aren't, convinced.
    From propaganda to personal, individual stories, the actual photos captured by soldiers, including ours, of the death camp survivors, of the death camp devices... The piles and piles of shoes, from baby booties to Grandpa's boots, many people around the world, would continue to deny it ever happened!
    Naturally, they'll deny this.
    Evil has a strong hold, a death grip on too many souls, when such atrocities can be dismissed, explained away as gossip/hearsay, easily forgotten by tomorrow.....

1. Ken Burgess profile image76
      Ken Burgessposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Its important to understand that America helps fund and teach this hate.

I try to get this across but maybe some documentaries will explain it better.

'It’s Indoctrination': Anti-Semitic Propaganda in UN Camps Teach Palestinian Children to be Future Terrorists
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJYb068052Y

How Palestinian Schoolchildren are Taught to Hate Jews
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RGLUMBkz6o

I have seen better ones, with a lot more footage of the children themselves speaking in absolute terms of Israel's destruction, perhaps I will search for them later in the day and add them to this discussion.

What does it say? Because we see it on the internet that it must be true?

It's all true because of Rockefeller and Rothschild zionist.  It's true because of BlackRock, WHO, WEF, UN , and most billionaire and trillionaire say so. Don't take it from the world's majority people of the collective consciousness. ,..............not.

2. Willowarbor profile image61

As propaganda fanned the flames, as a group of people were depicted so cruelly in drawings and cartoons. As neighbors, co-workers, so-called friends were worked on, swayed, convinced, to see the Jewish people as less than human...

In light of your comment, is this speech objectionable?

"we pledge to you that we will root out the communists, Marxists, fascists and the radical left thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country"

For me, these words strongly echo Hitler and Mussolini. The vermin reference is a direct link. Hitler generally depicted Jews as rats.

We don't think it's a good idea that Jews and Palestinians downing each other by calling each other Animal names. Or we could build a wall around both of them together. And call it the world's largest and most dangerous ZOO.

3. Castlepaloma profile image76

https://www.facebook.com/reel/679527265 … tid=RNMJLi

I knew 2 weeks in that Israelis attack. That Benjamin Netanyahu will be charged for genocide and apartheid.
      Why did it take so long?

The ICC has no power to investigate or charge Israel with war crimes.

The ICC is only competent to hear a case if: the country where the offence was committed is a party to the Rome Statute; or. the perpetrator's country of origin is a party to the Rome Statute.

They have no authority over Israel ---   Despite having signed the Rome Statute that founded the Court and having expressed “deep sympathy” for the Court's goals, the State of Israel withdrew its signature in 2002, in accordance with Article 127 of the Statute. At any rate, a signature is not tantamount to accession, and accordingly, Israel was never a party.

What is Netanyahu so so terrible emotionally afraid of?
          Obama and next Netanyahu should get a Noble peace prize , for doing as opposite of peace as any leader can do. Netanyahu calls ICC actions pure antisemitic. When Zionist is as opposite of Jewish Judaism ethics that can be.  I've worked in entertainment industry for 50 years and when a person cannot even says the word Zionist. Alot of bad things happen and great corruption in most Art forms. I understand ICC great fear from superpowers of US and Israel
          ICC is independent and many countries around the world support it and world population supports the demoncry of it too.  Finally bullies have to think twice before steamrolling Northern Africa and Middle east. .

https://youtu.be/wZVL2aa1DGc?si=AUfWfxmcXPN3pLKs

What would you have had Netanyahu do, after Hamas terrorists came into Israel and openly murdered citizens for the mere fact they were jews? You seem to get farther from the facts as days go by. The fact is Hamas committed genocide on a people for the mere fact they were Jews.

It seems you are completely turning the facts around.

Regarding war crimes, I am not sure any could be worse than what Hamas terrorists did to citizens on Oct 7 on their streets, in their homes, and at a music festival.  The Israeli army is taking care not to harm civilians in a now war zone.

In an international court like ICC will also been weighing out actions,  against hamas massacre for 8 hours.  They won't be charged for Occupation,  genocide or Apartheid that clearly Israel has committed for 75 years , and that's enough. They killed more Palestinians 20to1 already since Oct 7th.

Also a coup de grâce for wounded soldiers would be a war crime: the laws of war mandate caring for the wounded and prohibit mercy killing. Netanyahu he has no mercy for the enemy hamas. He will use illegal hanging or gunfire excelcution.

Israel abolished capital punishment in 1954, it's also illegal to their own imperialism and nationalist laws. The total illogical is to killed 100 Gazans for every hamas soldier. That is complete genocide for every man woman, child, dog and lizard in Gaza. What dose Hamas care they will have 10,000 soldiers left over. And already Muslims are fighting on every border front and aid from Turkey, UN and many others.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/893057789 … tid=RNMJLi

Human shields is the most unlawful and dumbest idea ever.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 5 months ago

Don't you have to ask: Why would Hamas do this? What did they think would happen? What did they hope to gain?

My personal world, I can not imagine running out of ideas to kill anyone. As it's same for our entire family tree history.

In the world of victimhood of 6 million zionist forced out by predominant Christians nation of Germany. Then more of these religious freaks  are are parachuted into a world of 6 million Muslims religious extremist.
      What could possibly go wrong.?

It's Like if I had an ultimate bully murdering holly father, I'm more likely to pass down this influence to my children and family.
      it means more people are killed in the name of God than any other reason, and that absence of reason is evil.

Two of the most asked questions from the western ruling class and mainstream media is.
      Do you think Israel have the right to defend themselves?
      Do you condemns hamas for October 7th attack?.
      Naturally a person has to yes to both questions.  In my world everything is setup in hindsight to avoid such ultimate tradgy and war is only ranked 42nd of ways to die.

In a world of 73 years of torture, ethics cleaznng, poverty, apartheid, occupation and total power over a Palestinians life and family. One 8 hour sacrifice of an Israelis massacre,  was worth it to them. In showing majority of the world by cell phone camaras what is happening to them of a 20to1 death ratio. By now from October 7th, it's already a 20to1 death ratio again. It's  in order to show the whole world. Once of clearing out all the  dead bodies and thats not all, far beyond more Gaza deaths to come.

That shows the true colors of the  Israel prime murderer is, Benjamin Netanyahu.  And US is also interested in Gaza 500 billion dollars of gas and oil reserves. So much for the big lie of vaccines and battery operated world of climate change.

A view from an Israel woman. 
      https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMjwSVjUp/

5. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 5 months ago

Other Arab nations don't want to take in Palestinians.

What does this say about Palestinians?

"Why Egypt and other Arab nations are hesitant to take in Palestinian refugees

CAIRO (AP) — As desperate Palestinians in sealed-off Gaza try to find refuge under Israel’s relentless bombardment in retaliation for Hamas’ brutal Oct. 7 attack, some ask why neighboring Egypt and Jordan don’t take them in.

The two countries, which flank Israel on opposite sides and share borders with Gaza and the occupied West Bank, respectively, have replied with a staunch refusal. Jordan already has a large Palestinian population.

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sissi made his toughest remarks yet on Wednesday, saying the current war was not just aimed at fighting Hamas, which rules the Gaza Strip, “but also an attempt to push the civilian inhabitants to … migrate to Egypt.” He warned this could wreck peace in the region.

Jordan’s King Abdullah II gave a similar message a day earlier, saying, “No refugees in Jordan, no refugees in Egypt.”

Their refusal is rooted in fear that Israel wants to force a permanent expulsion of Palestinians into their countries and nullify Palestinian demands for statehood. El-Sissi also said a mass exodus would risk bringing militants into Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula, from where they might launch attacks on Israel, endangering the two countries’ 40-year-old peace treaty.

Here is a look at what is motivating Egypt’s and Jordan’s stances.

A history of displacement
    Displacement has been a major theme of Palestinian history. In the 1948 war around Israel’s creation, an estimated 700,000 Palestinians were expelled or fled from what is now Israel. Palestinians refer to the event as the Nakba, Arabic for “catastrophe.”

In the 1967 Mideast war, when Israel seized the West Bank and Gaza Strip, 300,000 more Palestinians fled, mostly into Jordan.

The refugees and their descendants now number nearly 6 million, most living in camps and communities in the West Bank, Gaza, Lebanon, Syria and Jordan. The diaspora has spread further, with many refugees building lives in Gulf Arab countries or the West.

After fighting stopped in the 1948 war, Israel refused to allow refugees to return to their homes. Since then, Israel has rejected Palestinian demands for a return of refugees as part of a peace deal, arguing that it would threaten the country’s Jewish majority.

Egypt fears history will repeat itself and a large Palestinian refugee population from Gaza will end up staying for good.

No guarantee of return
    That’s in part because there’s no clear scenario for how this war will end.

Israel says it intends to destroy Hamas for its bloody rampage in its southern towns. But it has given no indication of what might happen afterward and who would govern Gaza. That has raised concerns that it will reoccupy the territory for a period, fueling further conflict.

The Israeli military said Palestinians who followed its order to flee northern Gaza to the strip’s southern half would be allowed back to their homes after the war ends.

Egypt is not reassured.

El-Sissi said fighting could last for years if Israel argues it hasn’t sufficiently crushed militants. He proposed that Israel house Palestinians in its Negev Desert, which neighbors the Gaza Strip, until it ends its military operations.

“Israel’s lack of clarity regarding its intentions in Gaza and the evacuation of the population is in itself problematic,” said Riccardo Fabiani, Crisis Group International’s North Africa Project Director. “This confusion fuels fears in the neighborhood.”

Egypt has pushed for Israel to allow humanitarian aid into Gaza, and Israel said Wednesday that it would, though it didn’t say when. According to United Nations, Egypt, which is dealing with a spiraling economic crisis, already hosts some 9 million refugees and migrants, including roughly 300,000 Sudanese who arrived this year after fleeing their country’s war.

But Arab countries and many Palestinians also suspect Israel might use this opportunity to force permanent demographic changes to wreck Palestinian demands for statehood in Gaza, the West Bank and east Jerusalem, which was also captured by Israel in 1967.

El-Sissi repeated warnings Wednesday that an exodus from Gaza was intended to “eliminate the Palestinian cause … the most important cause of our region.” He argued that if a demilitarized Palestinian state had been created long ago in negotiations, there would not be war now.

“All historical precedent points to the fact that when Palestinians are forced to leave Palestinian territory, they are not allowed to return back,” said H.A. Hellyer, a senior associate fellow at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. “Egypt doesn’t want to be complicit in ethnic cleansing in Gaza.”

Arab countries’ fears have only been stoked by the rise under Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of hard-right parties that talk in positive terms about removing Palestinians. Since the Hamas attack, the rhetoric has become less restrained, with some right-wing politicians and media commentators calling for the military to raze Gaza and drive out its inhabitants. One lawmaker said Israel should carry out a “new Nakba” on Gaza.

Worries over Hamas
    At the same time, Egypt says a mass exodus from Gaza would bring Hamas or other Palestinian militants onto its soil. That might be destabilizing in Sinai, where Egypt’s military fought for years against Islamic militants and at one point accused Hamas of backing them.

Egypt has backed Israel’s blockade of Gaza since Hamas took over in the territory in 2007, tightly controlling the entry of materials and the passage of civilians back and forth. It also destroyed the network of tunnels under the border that Hamas and other Palestinians used to smuggle goods into Gaza.

With the Sinai insurgency largely put down, “Cairo does not want to have a new security problem on its hands in this problematic region,” Fabiani said.

El-Sissi warned of an even more destabilizing scenario: the wrecking of Egypt and Israel’s 1979 peace deal. He said that with the presence of Palestinian militants, Sinai “would become a base for attacks on Israel. Israel would have the right to defend itself … and would strike Egyptian territory.”

“The peace which we have achieved would vanish from our hands,” he said, “all for the sake of the idea of eliminating the Palestinian cause.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/w … n-refugees

Borders get bombed or gun down if Palestinians try to escape. There is attacks on every border front  1.1 Palestinians are homeless with 50% of their Residencial home or buildings totally destroyed. They got the Palestinians coming and going for 75 years. Majority of the collective consciousness of the whole world is watching and they are the true leaders of humanity and the world. Not the madd greedy.  https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMjENqQq8/

Majority of Gazans will stay, because their love their land  and culture. The alternative is not to return to theit homes and whereever they are going means more homelessness.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)