jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (20 posts)

Where's this going?

1. Danny R Hand profile image60
    Danny R Handposted 7 years ago

An activist group in California, is working towards inluding a popular vote in the next election cycle for the purpose of legalizing marajauna for recreational purposes. The group states that the taxes raised could be used to pay the states massive deficits. Marajuana is still illeagal under federal statutes. Comments on the outcome?

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
      Doug Hughesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

More vacations in San Francisco.

1. Danny R Hand profile image60
        Danny R Handposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I've got my......................, oh, sorry dude. I got my plane ticket already.

1. blondepoet profile image74
          blondepoetposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Can I come too smile

1. tony0724 profile image60
            tony0724posted 7 years agoin reply to this

BP If you get out to Cal ya gotta let me know !smile

You bet I will Tony smile smile

2. Hokey profile image61
            Hokeyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Can I come with you?  tongue

Sure you can Hokey, will need a good man in a strange world out there on my own.

1. Hokey profile image61

I'll protect you! wink

Oh wonderful Hokey. You may have to help me with directions too, I get lost easily.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/917457_f248.jpg

1. Hokey profile image61

Oh Wow! You are so bad! I love it!  lol lol lol

2. mlizardo2010 profile image58
      mlizardo2010posted 7 years agoin reply to this

If marijuana becomes legal, and taxable, i beleive that it would help the economy. There are alot of people who smoke pot in this country and the gov cant ignore that, just think of all the millions of dollars that it will  generate once we tax pot, and the moeny thats being used to regulate this drug could be used to create more jobs, no matter the amount. so i support the legalization of marijuana and hope that if it ever does become legal that we can all join together and live in peace because when the end of the world is near we wont have nothing but eachother so might as well get along and pass the blunt

2. lorlie6 profile image83
    lorlie6posted 7 years ago

Even though I don't smoke weed, I have been in favor of it's legalization for a long, long time.  I am also a native Californian and can't think of a more profitable way to fix the economy out here...smells kinda nice, too! lol

3. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 7 years ago

It does less harm then alcohol and along with the taxes for my mismanaged state it might cut into some of that drug cartel money too.

4. samboiam profile image59
    samboiamposted 7 years ago

I am conservative in most of political views. So what I am about to say may surprise you. I am all for the legalizing of marajauna for recreational purposes. If it becomes legal in Texas I am going to become a farmer. cool

1. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hubbers discount?

1. samboiam profile image59
        samboiamposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Heck yeah, we'll smoke all we can and sell the rest.

1. Padrino profile image56
          Padrinoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Blue Bell pot!

5. profile image61
    foreignpressposted 7 years ago

California is desperate. It has basically run out of options to balance its budget and cannot devise other ways to create fiscal responsibility. Considering the liberal leanings of the Obama administration, it's likely there won't be much backlash from the feds. There are simply too many people in California, particularly SoCal, and the run on its welfare and social services programs has been enormous. The next step, after legalizing marijuana, will be to legalize all the illegals. LA (Villaraigosa) might just do that anyway before Obama gets around to it.

6. William R. Wilson profile image60
    William R. Wilsonposted 7 years ago

I think marijuana legalization is probably one issue that most Americans support. 

Problem is, lots of law enforcement agencies get lots of drug eradication dollars to go after MJ, so there's a vested interest within the government to keep it illegal.

working