jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

A POWERFUL SONG

1. Harvey Stelman profile image60
    Harvey Stelmanposted 7 years ago

The words, singing, feeling, music and pictures tell a true story.

Click here: YouTube - "Where can I go?" Yiddish song Steve Lawrence

Most of it is in English, all immigrants will understand this feeling. Those born here will get an understanding of what America means to the world. It's a beautiful song.

1. wavegirl22 profile image45
      wavegirl22posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Happy Pesach to you Harvey . .  and to think I was coming to see a good rendition of Dayenu!

1. Harvey Stelman profile image60
        Harvey Stelmanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

wave,

A zissen pesach to a shana madel!

2. Faybe Bay profile image83
    Faybe Bayposted 7 years ago

I do not speak the language, but happy {all of that} to both of you!

I found the song link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7AjIAFqG6o

1. wavegirl22 profile image45
      wavegirl22posted 7 years ago in reply to this

faybe. . I dont speak it really either ...but I think Harvey said something like  . .
      Happy Passover pretty girl .. its Yiddish.  .and it is quite endearing when someone says it. . it is also something that once you hear it  . .you never forget it. . the words take on a whole new meaning. .and usually when said  . .someone lovingly pinches your cheek!

1. Faybe Bay profile image83
        Faybe Bayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! I knew it had something to do with Passover. I think we should all attend at least one Passover feast, regardless of our background!

I had the honor of attending one at a nearby church, the church was sharing the building with a Jewish sect that was in the process of building a temple, and so they did a Passover Feast for the whole congregation of both.

The Rabbi stood and explained to us all of the symbolism of the feast. I cried. It was the most beautiful service I have ever attended in my life, as the Rabbi and Pastor were friends. They shared so much with all of us.

3. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 7 years ago
  4. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 7 years ago

Happy Passover, Harvey!

working