jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (18 posts)

DONT ASK DONT TELL DONT DELAY

1. Bacall profile image59
    Bacallposted 7 years ago

How long has this policy been debated by the military? What is left to study? What is left to argue about. The time is now! There is no more time to waste with homophobes in or out of the military. Start kicking out the people that are serving themselves instead of the people that are trying to serve our Country. We the people have no more time to waste with them!

Bacallposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you're wondering; yes I'm talking to you four Generals that want to waste more time and throw out more of our dedicated, loyal, soldiers that are actually serving our Country. Get your useless asses out the way.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You'll get no argument from me.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Well, presently, you are talking to yourself. lol lol lol

3. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 7 years ago

lol lol lol lol lol lol

4. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

But, he was arguing with himself. What good could possibly come from that? hmm

1. Randy Godwin profile image91
      Randy Godwinposted 7 years ago in reply to this

He might convince himself to change his mind?

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol lol lol

2. thisisoli profile image55
      thisisoliposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you can argue with yourself, you can make friends with yourself, and everybody needs a good friend, even if it is yourself. tongue

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Nice. roll

*shakes head side to side*

3. Bacall profile image59
      Bacallposted 7 years ago

That was funny. I just needed to add a line or two. I think I'm finished now.
      Back to the subject. Does anyone here think there needs to be more study or investigation by the Military on "Don't Ask, Don't Tell?

Try asking in the religious forums.  The believers love this kinda stuff!

What does religion have to do with this. Our government decided it would give the Military time to study the Don't Ask Don't tell law, before they will outlaw it. This is our government failing us. What  does religion have to do with it.

If you do not think those of the religious bent are not against gays in the military, then okay, nothing to do with this!  LOL!

I agree with you about the whole thing, but doing a "study" isn't that simple when many in the military are representing the religious right!

You're right, a study will do nothing but bring up the same arguments the military was making since they had to accept blacks into their ranks.  It's a stall tactic and a waste of time.  While this time is being wasted; the treat of being throw out of the military will be hanging over the heads of some of our soldiers that are fighting and dying for us right now!

2. Ralph Deeds profile image70
        Ralph Deedsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No. The change is long overdue.

4. Satori profile image80
      Satoriposted 7 years ago

Umm... I think there should be more than a re-evaluation by the military.  More appropriate would probably be a re-evaluation of the military.  The U.S. military is what was used as a megaphone to reshape domestic opinions about homosexuality, back in WWII.  Until then it was quietly but calmly respected as the basic fact of life, and of wartime, that it always was.

See my Hub about it for more detail.
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Gay-Pride-has-s … -gay-pride

So I think there ought to be more than just a debate over whether or not the military drops its policy now.  How about some retroactive accountability?  Demand for public apology, or class-action?

I don't think posting in a forum will get us the sort of accountability that's probably in order here, but this sort of thing is why I'm not "on the grid" subsidizing the federal government with taxes either.  Wouldn't make a lot of sense to perpetuate a problem and then complain about it.

5. KKalmes profile image61
      KKalmesposted 7 years ago

I am in total agreement with Bacall and Ralph... the time to study is over, the time to make the same commitment to your troops as they have made to defend our freedeoms and our constitution is now.

They may think that if they drag this out into the next millenium that we will lose sight of the immportance of this issue and passions for it will ebb... not so.

It's time to support all of our troops... equally.

working