jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Fox adds a pompous hypocrite to its liars, lunatics and ideologues

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 7 years ago

The former CNN anchor Lou Dobbs will host a daily program on the Fox Business Network starting early next year, the network said Wednesday.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2 … ;st=Search

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Did you consider him a "pompous hypocrite" when he was on CNN?

Ralph Deedsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I sure did, even though I wasn't aware then that he employed several illegal Mexican aliens on his horse farm while pontificating practically every night about why we should ship 12 million of them back to Mexico. Lou has found his true home on Faux News. He can be a warm-up man for Glenn Beck. I read recently that he's even considering being a candidate for the presidency in 2012. Perhaps he can get in line and be Sarah Palin's running mate.

2. donotfear profile image89
        donotfearposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Probably not..!!!! LOL.
        http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/graemlins/lol.gif

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
          Uninvited Writerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

you must have missed this:

Brenda Durham wrote:

Did you consider him a "pompous hypocrite" when he was on CNN?

I sure did, even though I wasn't aware then that he employed several illegal Mexican aliens on his horse farm while pontificating practically every night about why we should ship 12 million of them back to Mexico. Lou has found his true home on Faux News. He can be a warm-up man for Glenn Beck. I read recently that he's even considering being a candidate for the presidency in 2012. Perhaps he can get in line and be Sarah Palin's running mate.

Tnx!

2. profile image0
    GladYaMetMe!posted 7 years ago

Fox Irritainment, Ralph--you can always count on them to hire top-notch fear-mongers to stir up trouble and cash in on it.

http://www.laprogressive.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Lou-Dobbs.gif

Yep! Great cartoon.

3. BillyDRitchie profile image61
    BillyDRitchieposted 7 years ago

I'm guessing that anyone who doesn't toe the liberal media line is a pompous hypocrite. 

Boy, am I glad we got that cleared up.

Perhaps the idea of actually getting a gig on a network with actual ratings to speak of appealed to Dobbs.  Or does that make too much sense?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 7 years agoin reply to this

haha no kiddin'!

Well, I do wonder, though, if Dobbs is doing a reverse Arlen-Specter-type defection just to become more famous.....

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65

"I'm guessing that anyone who doesn't toe the liberal media line is a pompous hypocrite."

Not true. Lou Dobbs is a hypocrite because he employed half a dozen illegal aliens on his horse farm while he was pontificating practically every night about the evils of illegal aliens. He's just as big a hypocrite as Senator Larry Craig who opposed gay rights and was caught trolling in an airport men's room.

"In 1999 Craig became sharply critical of U.S. President Bill Clinton for the Monica Lewinsky scandal. Speaking on NBC's Meet The Press, Craig told Tim Russert: "The American people already know that Bill Clinton is a bad boy - a naughty boy. I'm going to speak out for the citizens of my state, who in the majority think that Bill Clinton is probably even a nasty, bad, naughty boy."

"The American Conservative Union rated Craig's 2005 voting record at 96 out of 100 points, while the Americans for Democratic Action rated him at 15 points. Craig supported the Federal Marriage Amendment, which barred extension of rights to same-sex couples; he voted for cloture on the amendment in both 2004 and 2006, and was a cosponsor in 2008."

[Wikipedia]

The truth is that there is no shortage of hypocrites among liberals or conservatives. But there are more GOP hypocrites than Dems.

1. BillyDRitchie profile image61
        BillyDRitchieposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think I'd rather try to live up to some semblance of morals and fail than to simply wallow in the mud and be proud of it.....but that's just me....

4. profile image65
    logic,commonsenseposted 7 years ago

Takes one to know one I guess! smile

5. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 7 years ago

Beck Steps on his you-know-what again!

The Fox News host Glenn Beck was criticized Thursday by the Anti-Defamation League, a leading Jewish advocacy organization, in response to a televised segment about the financier George Soros and the Holocaust.

Throughout three programs this week, Mr. Beck has portrayed Mr. Soros, a billionaire investor and philanthropist, as a “puppet master” who is “notorious for collapsing economies and regimes all around the world” and whose “next target” is the United States. Citing Mr. Soros’s statements about the decline of the dollar, Mr. Beck said, “Not only does he want to bring America to her knees, financially, he wants to reap obscene profits off us as well.”

Abraham H. Foxman, national director of the Anti-Defamation League, took issue with Mr. Beck’s depiction of Mr. Soros as a “Jewish boy helping sending the Jews to the death camps,” calling it “offensive” and “horrific.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/12/us/12 … amp;st=cse

working