jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (12 posts)

where the rubber meets the road oon health care legislation...

1. SparklingJewel profile image64
    SparklingJewelposted 6 years ago

from the governor of Indianna, an article of truth about the effects of the health care legislation

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 … 84158.html

1. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 6 years ago in reply to this

What I find scary is that the governor seems to be willing to compromise when he doesn't have to. The stares should just refuse to adhere to the law which has been declared unconstitutional and thereby nullify it.

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Amen.

You're right.  But of course the leaders, even the Republican ones, keep setting themselves (and all of America) up for defeat even before they take their opposition to the conclusion.

What will it take for true, GOOD, change, back to some semblance of common sense?
        At least the citizens in Greece and Egypt have guts.  We Americans are so tolerant that we've fallen under soft tyranny and won't even recognize it when Hitler sends us off to the concentration camps.  Frogs in slowly-boiling water we've become.  And Mitch Daniels is in the pot too.

2. SparklingJewel profile image64
        SparklingJewelposted 6 years ago in reply to this

...I think they are to the best of their ability. They don't want to throw out everything, but are attempting to stand up for states' rights against big fed. govt.

There are, was it , 21 states going together through the court to get out of the legislation. That seems like the best thing to do since few will listen.

I appreciate your position on tolerance Brenda...but short of violence, legalities are the best answer, don't you think...that of course, along with sincere and consistent prayer will move the people to their core and change will come about

1. profile image0

It doesn't have to lead to violence!  Taking a stand and offering NO concessions WOULD be the legal way!   Just like, the only reason Arizona's getting sued by the Federal government is because idiots refused to back the Governor when she took a stand on immigration.   They basically tied her hands.  SHE should sue Obama/Holder for sticking their noses into State affairs.   A stand-off doesn't have to lead to physical violence, like I said.  The current Federal Administration thinks it's God.  States need to show "it" that it is not.

And even in a scenario where it comes to violence, if fear of actually doing the right thing stops everyone, what does that say about us as a whole?

I daresay if someone had had the guts to walk up to Hilter and smack his hands down when he publicly spouted his hatred for the Jews, he wouldn't have risen to power.   Audacity of the Left!  Obama's made that word sound like a good thing, when in fact it is not.

1. junko profile image64
            junkoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It doesn't have to lead to violence, but if it did, America is the most armed society in the world. What do you think would happen here in America, Brenda?

1. profile image0

Violence wouldn't happen if people would take a stand in front of Obama.  People who actually have status and influence.  The average citizen has none.  Yet all those who have influence cower at his feet.

As to your question of what would happen if violence broke out....it would be chaos, yes.   So.......FEAR has been instilled in us. 

....Hitler was a little man in stature.  Yet his mouth spouted unconscienable crap.  And no one dared oppose him!   Ask yourself how did that happen?  And then ask yourself how it happened that no one dares question Obama outright?

1. junko profile image64

Who instilled fear in us, Brenda?

1. profile image0

Ah.
                  I know that answer.  I was asking if you know it.

2. junko profile image64

The why you described Hitler it, made me think of Rush, really it did.

1. junko profile image64

Obama has all the right answers why would those who seek to mislead ask him anything?

2. junko profile image64

way not why, I don't want to confuse

working