Marijuana

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Fluffymetal profile image75
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

Should it be legalized? Why? Why not?

1. tritrain profile image70
      tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't really matter to me.

However, I think the US should increase Hemp farming, much much more. 

Meh.  I say 'yes', go for it with marijuana.

1. figment profile image75
        figmentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agree 100%

2. Mikeydoes profile image43
        Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why would we do that.. We have Mexicans bringing in truckloads daily. Don't worry though, we've seized millions of pounds of it and sent those Mexican runners back to Mexico where they belong.

Think about it. We can lock up all of our hard working American SCUM who happen to enjoy it. Ruin their lives, pay for their jailing. Not only that, since there is less product, it will cost those rotten scum more! Don't worry all that money they spend on Marijuana in NO WAY could be used here in America. Dirty rotten plant!

2. DTR0005 profile image59
      DTR0005posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I really don't believe so. While I am fairly liberal on most issues, I have personally seen the effects of marijuana use and its effect over 40 years on two generations in one family.

I realize the same arguments can be made about alcohol - I don't condone abuse of it either. But marijuana is a "gateway drug." And I have seen repeatedly what it can lead to.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Legislating morality is ridiculous, and has never worked.  Making a harmless plant illegal only glamorizes it.  Why not make mosquitos illegal?  That makes about as much sense.

I get off on the so called Christians who support prohibition of a plant. . . as if they know best, and not the forces or force that designs reality 60 times a minute.

1. Mikeydoes profile image43

Too bad plants aren't society and gov'ts only problems.

If people weren't so stupid, stubborn, and greedy, we could be living in a peaceful world. All these Adolf Hitlers, and other people who are all in it for themselves only prolong this problem.

If we can't even figure out a plant, who knows how far away we are from peace and real freedom.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
          Wesman Todd Shawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Freedom's just another word for "nothing left to lose."  I almost busted out a quote from Hamlet, but I realized that though it fit, I couldn't recall it well enough to do more than to make me seem as dumb as I really am.

Personally, I think television and most commercial films and books, magazines, etc. . . just state the reality that we are supposed to agree is there( as slaves); I think History is manipulated more than science, and a banker's books.

4. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes of course! It should be decriminalized. I think most peole are capable of deciding for themselves what they should put in their bodies. Decriminalizing it would eliminate the profit financing the drug cartels in Mexico.

2. alispaisley profile image61
    alispaisleyposted 13 years ago

it should not be legalized.

1. figment profile image75
      figmentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why?

3. figment profile image75
    figmentposted 13 years ago

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEAW47OgjnzCinFflXLOq8Bgh_K57cNqhCjCZ6oPL7Y-tnoyPn&t=1

4. mikelong profile image61
    mikelongposted 13 years ago

It should absolutely be legalized....

If one reads the law, it interestingly bans both they type of weed that can be smoked as well as the type that produces hemp...

Check out the connection to the Mellon Family, Dupont, William Randolph Hearst, papermaking, and a certain Andrew Mellon...

They didn't care about "drug use".....it's all about crony capitalism creating monopoly and huge profit...at the expense of freedom..

5. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

"Check out the connection to the Mellon Family, Dupont, papermaking, and a certain Andrew Mellon..." Absolutely the real target of the demonization of marijuana was hemp.
    The other problem with marijuana is that it produces a conservative attitude and its users are not so inclined to progressive advancement, which conflicts with a culture based on ever buy more.

6. mikelong profile image61

Hemp and Mexican Americans....

7. knolyourself profile image60

I give: "Hemp and Mexican Americans....", what does it mean?

8. mikelong profile image61

"Absolutely the real target of the demonization of marijuana was hemp."   And Mexican-Americans..

Look up the deporation of American citizens of Mexican descent during the Great Depression..

The media, spurred by the Mellons and Hearst, created the "dangerous Mexican" concept...connecting Marijuana directly to the Mexican-American population (as opposed to reality...which would show that Marijuana was widely used by all types of Americans)...

Those "Mexicans" would get "high" and then "rape" and "murder"....  They sensationalized news to brainwash know-nothing Americans...

They criminalized hemp, and deported at least 1 million people....at least half of whom were citizens of this nation...

1. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah yes, Reefer Madness! It makes you believe that you can fly you know lol

9. knolyourself profile image60

And would guess that this took place not long, within ten years, of when Henry Ford invented his car made from and powered by hemp. Or am I being too conspiratorial?

10. mikelong profile image61

What I think about even more, however, is about the children and grandchildren of those Mexican Americans who were illegally deported....

Are they not American citizens too?  How many of our own countrymen have we turned away like this?

And if they ever came back "across the border" in the typecast fashion...these American citizens would then be branded "illegal aliens"...

Again...who was really the illegal one? 

Americans illegally invade Cherokee lands in search of gold...they illegally move into Mexico...this went on continuously until the Mexican American War....another illegal action..

And I've noticed its the same political "conservatives" who are so focused on "legality" that minimize, deny, or even support these same listed actions...

At least, that is what I have perceived after numerous conversations with various people who self-identify as "conservatives"....

It's that darn "liberal education".....and that mary jane that I'm tripping on... Or so they say in response....for its hard to truly argue with the truth..

11. knolyourself profile image60

My opinion - the history of history is crime.

12. Fluffymetal profile image75

I think we are seeing the end to marijuana prohibition.  More Americans than ever report supporting the legalization of marijuana especially medicinal marijuana.

13. Evan G Rogers profile image60
    Evan G Rogersposted 13 years ago

"The Economics of Prohibition", by Mark Thornton outlines, succinctly, why drugs should be legal.

14. knolyourself profile image60

Illegal drugs are an aspect of empire politics  and another way to control the masses.

15. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

What I put into my body is my choice, I don't want some wowser controlling my life and would not live in a nuthouse place full of cops chasing "bad boys" who are treated like dirt because they have a couple of joints while white collar criminals rip off the public with impunity.

Money rules.

1. Mikeydoes profile image43

There is a lot of money involved.. And you can grow it in the dirt. Any bloke can.

16. profile image52
    violalandersposted 13 years ago

No!

17. RalphGreene profile image58
    RalphGreeneposted 13 years ago

Maybe those who want it to be legalized must be addicts, I guess.

18. Fluffymetal profile image75

"Penalties against possession of a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself; and where they are, they should be changed. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against possession of marihuana in private for personal use... Therefore, I support legislation amending Federal law to eliminate all Federal criminal penalties for the possession of up to one ounce of marihuana."
    - Jimmy Carter

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)