Obambulating with Obama

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (44 posts)
  1. AnnCee profile image68
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

Dither?  Yes, I think so.

obambulate

Etymology

ob- + ambulate. From Latin obambulare.
    Verb

obambulate (third-person singular simple present obambulates, present participle obambulating, simple past and past participle obambulated)

1. (intransitive) To wander aimlessly
    Derived terms

* obambulation

1. lady_love158 profile image59
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lol! You have to wonder if that's where his name originates.

2. bgamall profile image68
      bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You would rather have Mutt, Palin and Bachmann engaged in perpetual war? Trust me, the neocon theme is world domination in the face of nuclear power that can destroy us. Even Pat Buchanan said that the neocons were the "war party'. And he said that their provocation of Russia, something that Reagan didn't even do, was FOLLY.

These are madmen and madwomen. If you love your children and grandchildren, you should never vote Republican.

I am an independent, and I have serious issues with Democrats, but if you listen to a Republican debate it is mostly about war.

If dithering means less war, I am for it. If Israel had guts, she would make peace with the Palestinians and diffuse tensions in a part of the world we may leave one day.

1. DTR0005 profile image59
        DTR0005posted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4827390_f248.jpg

2. tritrain profile image69
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

He is from Obalabama.

24 hours of Obama is a Obamathon.

3. AnnCee profile image68

Obomba is a reluctant war president.

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

According to thesaurus.com the opposite of "reluctant" is anxious, eager, enthusiastic.

Do you think the decision to send our loved ones out to kill and to be killed, forever scarring them and others, should not be made reluctantly?  Or, would you prefer our president be anxious, eager, and enthusiastic about it?

AnnCeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I should clarify.  Obama is reluctant to own the fact that he has and must commit soldiers to war.

He changes the word war to kinetic action in an attempt to obfuscate his activities as commander in chief.  He doesn't want to upset the left whom he counts on for votes.

It's silly, but there you go.  Magical thinking.  Change the word change reality.

Obambulation instead of a direct approach.

1. bgamall profile image68

Why don't you go fight AnnCee? You talk but you don't fight.  You sound just like the Republican Chickenhawks, Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld, who never spent a day in war.

You want death? Just do it personally and don't involve the rest of us who don't want war.

The only war worth fighting is one of the defense of ourselves and of defenseless people. The wars for oil war war crimes.

2. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you honestly believe that?

Yes,PP, I do believe that.   Why do you think liberals are always inventing words and stifling free speech under the guise of political correctness?

Gosh, bgmall, that's a little personal and combative don't you think?

Not at all, AnnCee. So many people want war without understanding the motives or implications. If you want death leave the rest of us out.

2. profile image0
              Texasbetaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

like Obamulate? What a joke. The hypocrisy is in this very post. Classic.

The word is obambulate.   Ob ambulate.  Walk out.  Walk to. Walk toward.  Walk inversely.  Walk reversely.

First usage 1641.

Taken to mean meander, walk without purpose.

Wander.

Good word.

Ironically apt in its application to Obama's style.

3. profile image0

You just stated that you are for only wars dealing with oil, thus America going into other people's lands, and killing them to take the resources we want for ourselves. Yeah. Nice human being.  You have laid your cards out at least. You are one of "those" people who still think that slaughtering indigenous people for gold is A-OKAY.

Oh speaking of oil, your Obama just got back from Brazil where he coughed up $2 million of America's money to Petrobas for oil well drilling in the ocean.   He wants Brazil to be energy independent.  He had wanted to give a thousand times more in August 2009.   I guess LadyLove created enough chatter on this board to stop him.  big_smile

Meanwhile back in the USA. . .   not so much.

1. lovemychris profile image76
                  lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's nice when the aid goes to something positive, rather than killing and maiming.

2. lady_love158 profile image59

Yeah pay back to Soros for supporting Obama's campaign and a down payment for continued support in 2012!

1. mikelong profile image60
                    mikelongposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What people don't understand is how this cycling of money works....
                    What is "sent" to Petrobas is quickly transferred to companies like Halliburton.... I doubt the money ever technically leaves the United States....until it hits private bank accounts...

Who here has read "Confessions of an Economic Hitman"?

2. profile image0

Yeah yeah...no points, no arguments, just a 10 yr old girl pointing a finger. Great. What a contribution. Let me guess..you are going to cut and paste and article from a right wing wackjob opinion blog as a resource? What a joke.

3. profile image0

Brazil IS energy independent, right now. Do you read absolutely ANYTHING before posting? Brazil only runs about half of its energy off of oil. It uses natural gas to run almost everything, including cars. Now Brazil discovered an oil lane that is untapped and the size of Saudi Arabia in the ocean. Obama got us in the door for future cheap oil from Brazil. We cannot be energy independent, because we DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH OIL! If we allowed ALL drilling, everywhere in the nation, we would max out at 1 year's worth of oil. Period.
                  Now Ann, you ignore the argument that you made and I responded to, and tried to deflect. You have been shown to not know a bit about this topic in the slightest, so I ask you...do you have any concern for actual facts? Do you research ANYTHING before writing on here? Do you want to address the claim that you are an imperialist who thinks it is okay to slaughter people for their resources as I stated?

2. DTR0005 profile image59
      DTR0005posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am very glad he is a "reluctant" war president. We had eight years of Little Bush "praying to God" for answers as to what to do in the Middle East. In his book, W states that he was certain God pointed him in the right direction.

Whether he's reluctant or not doesn't change what he's done which is to prosecute another war. His problem is he's too delibrative and not decisive enough and when he finally does decide he's wrong! If he was going to go into Libya he should have went right away while the rebels had the upper hand and he should have taken Kadaffy out right from the start. Having waited as long as he did changed the metric but of course after opening his mouth saying Kadaffy had to go what choice did he have? Obama has proven to be a rank amatuer an indecisive and confused leader that appears weak. Maybe he should just let Hillary take over the foreign stuff since she's been doing most of the talking and seems stronger and more decisive.

You would rather have a Republican neocon who is quick to war and mad, psychologically? Even Pat Buchanan called the neocons the "war party". Real conservatives are slow to war and fiscally conservative. Neocons are neither. They aren't real conservatives.

2. profile image0

posted by the propagandist - LALO, you just stated that he thinks and plans too much, and doesn't make enough rash decisions...that he went in only offering air support for a limited time, with a clear objective and unilateral support, but you claim it was wrong....wrong because you believe he should have gone in alone, with ground forces, creating an ACTUAL war, with the goal of removing a country's leader AGAIN. Yeah...I wouldn't let you walk my dog. That is how much your decision process makes sense. Oh wait...you aren't actually posting an opinion. You are propagandist...in which case, hey good job spouting nothing and distorting logic. You have achieved being a lunatic.

Blah.... blah.... blah... you're incapable of creating your own thoughts... you're a hufpo parrot if anyone is getting paid for propaganda it would have to be you because nothing you say makes sense and you lack any argument to support your rebuttals. You're just an insulting loudmouth with no substance in your contributions... your insults aren't even entertaining... you are a bore!

4. AnnCee profile image68

His name certainly suits him.  Is it strange or ironic?

a prefix meaning “toward,” “to,” “on,” “over,” “against,” orig. occurring in loanwords from Latin, but now used also, with the sense of “reversely,” “inversely,” to form Neo-Latin and English scientific terms: object; obligate; oblanceolate.

Read more: Ob: meaning and definitions — Infoplease.com http://dictionary.infoplease.com/ob#ixzz1HjDPTodw

5. AnnCee profile image68

The word is so good because it describes so accurately Obama's behavior.  He does a thing but he attempts to undo it with his words. 

We're going to war but we're coming home.  If that's not obambulation I don't know what is.

Yes, he should have cut off the pipeline war in Afghanistan immediately. But McCain would be fighting another 20 years. Neocons want continual war. They are not true conservatives.

2. profile image0

It has been a week and our air support is over. Where is your war?

6. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Pointing out negativity isn't productive on an individual basis, and is actually counterproductive in the overall.

Pointing out any positivity would be productive on an individual basis and productive in the overall.

If you are trying to wake people up to a specific realization, then your actions need to be different than that which you rail against.

It's known politicians are untrustworthy and lack integrity. This is common knowledge among the citizenship. You point out which side is flawed, while the other side points out what is wrong with the other side.

Pointing fingers gets no one anywhere in the overall perspective of society. Thus, counterproductive.

Finding a solution forward is the problem?

1. tritrain profile image69
      tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very well said Cagsil.

7. AnnCee profile image68

War is hell but what is kinetic activity?  Heck?

8. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 13 years ago

Oh, so now you want to lay the invention of euphemisms for war onto liberals?

And the proper term is "kinetic military activity."

Speaking of euphemisms....

"I'm not a lawyer. My impression is that what has been charged thus far is abuse, which I believe technically is different from torture. … I don't know if it is correct to say what you just said, that torture has taken place, or that there's been a conviction for torture. And therefore I'm not going to address the torture word."  -- Ann Cee's honorable man, Donald Rumsfeld.

Enemy combatant
    Enhanced interrogation
    Extraordinary rendition

I agree, war IS hell, which is probably why those who engage in it invent innocuous sounding terms for horrific acts.  It's not a liberal invention, Ann, and you know it.  Why do you trivialize our very real problems by playing these childish games?

9. AnnCee profile image68

Oh dang!   I wish I'd come across this much much sooner.

http://haruth.com/mw/schmooze.html

10. AnnCee profile image68

The number one consideration for this president is the political impact on his career.

He always needs time to figure out how best to do something without seeming to do it.

The American left is anti-war even when war is declared on the United States as has been done by Islamic terrorists. It's always difficult for the president to prosecute wars.  I doubt even bad bad Bush the evil enjoyed having to respond to violence with violence.  But for Obama it is even more difficult because there is no way on earth he can convince the left he is doing the right thing.

That's why he must pretend it is not war and call it different names.  For a different constituency he must pretend the terrorists who declared jihad against us are not Muslims.

For some constituents he must bad mouth Wall Street.  For some constituents he must deliver billions in bail out funds to stick in their piggy banks.   

It's quite a balancing act he's trying to pull off.  Ain't working.

The war on terror was contrived. They took some weak people, facilitated 911 and made them into a big enemy. The guy who tried terrorism on his own couldn't even get his car to blow up at Times Square. No, without US help, 911 would have been impossible for these guys to pull off.

Here is George Bush's OJ moment of conscience about 911. View it and weep for our nation AnnCee. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeoeGb47olU

1. BillyDRitchie profile image61
        BillyDRitchieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess we can add Bgamall to the list of leftist posters that we can't take seriously......

11. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

So, it's Soros vs Koch, eh?

If so, Soros is going to need a LOT of help to catch up!!

Indeed! America is standing in the way of Soros' agenda a new financial world order!

12. AnnCee profile image68

The rank hypocrisy of some on the left stinks to high heaven.

1. profile image0

...and the ignorance on the right could fill the sewers and oceans of the world.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)