Allen West: No to Spending Cut Deal. Here is what he thinks.

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (21 posts)
  1. OLYHOOCH profile image61
    OLYHOOCHposted 13 years ago

Rep. Allen West knows exactly how he'll vote when the final version of Friday night's budget deal comes before the House: No way.

The bipartian agreement will slice $38.5 billion in federal spending, but West says that's not enough, Politico reports. So he says he will vote against the measure when it arrives in Capitol Hill sometime next week. Congress approved a stopgap measure after the budget deal to keep the federal government operating until final details in the budget deal can be hammered out.

"It's all about the money," said West (R-Fla.).

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Alle … de=C0E0-1#

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66
      Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You apparently are unaware that Rep. Allen West was born of Mau Mau parents in Kenya and that he's a secret Muslim plotting to destroy the Republican Party and ultimately the United States.

OLYHOOCHposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is what I came up with. Now somebody is wrong or shinning us along.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_West_(politician)#Early_life

OLY

You don't actually consider that Wikipedia is a reliable source of information, do you?

OK, and your suggestion would be. Let's find out just where a person should go to get the real thing.

I would really like to know this.

Perhaps then, I can stop stumbling all over myself, and get something right for a change

OLY

I was being sarcastic. Wikipedia is a usually reliable source of information. The New York Times online is also quite good as is Politico.com, The Nation, Mother Jones, Huffington Post. In my opinion you have to read a variety of sources to get an accurate picture of the facts so that you can form an intelligent position. Newsmax is okay for info from the right wing. The NYTimes ls a bit left of center. The Nation and Mother Jones are farther left. Sean Hannity is a shameless right wing propagandist as is Rush Limbaugh. Both of them quite often bend the facts beyond recognition. The Lehrer News Hour on PBS is the most objective TV news program.

Thanks, Huffington Post, well this one is a little flippy-floppy.

OLY

2. DannyMaio profile image60
                DannyMaioposted 13 years agoin reply to this

are you kidding me with those sources??? politico? huffington post???? NY times? these are so far left it is not even funny! I thought you were going to say MSNBC would be the right news channel to watch also. his source is 1000000 times better than what you suggested.

They are left compared to what? Attilla the Hun?

1. DannyMaio profile image60
                    DannyMaioposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I will not even answer this ridiculous question....sorry WOW

2. Randy Godwin profile image61
          Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hmmmm.  Tea party supporter, involved in illegal interrogation of prisoners, including terrorist threats, before resigning from active duty after close scrutiny of his actions.  Endorsed by the comedienne Sarah Palin, to put further icing on the stale cake.

Yep, sounds like your type of guy, OLY!  lol

3. Evan G Rogers profile image62
          Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I WANNA SEE WEST'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE!!!

LYING MUSLIM-EXTREMIST-TERRORIST-EVIL-POLYGAMIST-TRAITOR-COMMUNIST-PIZZA-EATING BASTARD THINKS HE CAN BE A CONGRESSMAN WITHOUT SHOWING ME HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE?!

I think there will be a new amendment, somewhere, someplace in regard to this Issue you have brought up, and I feel it is a good one.

You have brought out a good point. Since they are not going to listen to us anymore and they are going to make our decisions for us, why not make it mandatory.

If you are going to run our country and make us listen to you and do as you see fit, then let's see just who you are and if you are qualified to do the job.

Now, The Donald has opened up a heck of a can of worms. He is catching it from all sides.

The big question is, can he do it, will he do it, or is this just a bunch of hooky- pokey

OLY

1. Evan G Rogers profile image62
              Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I WANNA SEE TRUMP'S CERTIFICATE!! THAT SACK OF CRAP!! HE'S A FERRIGNER!!

1. John Holden profile image61
                  John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's a forgery! It doesn't have a raised seal, not on my screen it doesn't.

2. lovemychris profile image76
      lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congressman Weiner voted against it for just the opposite reason!
      He's a hoot! He says, "I may not be much to look at, but I can hold my own."

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
        Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So we will have a coalition of extreme liberals and enraged teabaggers voting against.

Talk about your strange bedfellows.

C-SPAN won't be able to broadcast that orgy. Hopefully, Planned Parenthood will warn about STDs and provide condoms.

2. Mighty Mom profile image79
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

I like Washington Post myself.
    They have left-leaning columnists and right-leaning columnists.
    Pretty fair and balanced!!!

Not sure if you guys have heard of this really authoritative news site. Articles often come up in top 10 Google search results, so it must be good! It's called.............

........ HUB PAGES lol lol lol

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

hooky- pokey.

4. Evan G Rogers profile image62
    Evan G Rogersposted 13 years ago

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)