jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

america the beautiful

1. Evan G Rogers profile image80
    Evan G Rogersposted 6 years ago
  2. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 6 years ago

The moral: do not walk arount with a thermos, not at this day and age. I remember 8 years back episode when my husband went to the Ministry of Transportation for some paperwork with a briefcase that had numbered locks on top. He did what he came for and left, but forgot this thing under the table. In 20 minutes he remembered, went back and found building buzzing with people running out,police everywhere, yellow tape. They thought there is a bomb in this briefcase and demanded evacuation from the building... Say thanks to Osamalike, they started paranoia.

1. John Holden profile image59
      John Holdenposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I can remember alerting the police to a rucksack seemingly abandoned in 1976!
      We had terrorism long before Osama Bin Laden.

1. DTR0005 profile image86
        DTR0005posted 6 years agoin reply to this

NRA John?

IRA - Sorry lolll

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
            Doug Hughesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Almost the same thing.

Good one Doug - PS - where's my mail?

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
                Doug Hughesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I haven't finished reading it.

2. John Holden profile image59

Yup, not a Muslim in sight, in fact I don't think they'd been invented then smile

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 6 years ago

Home of the brave.

4. Doug Hughes profile image60
    Doug Hughesposted 6 years ago

I was on the Moscow subway (Metro, they call it) with my Russian girlfriend, now my wife, just a few months before 9/11. People came and went at each stop, and we found ourselves at the back of the car, alone except for an unattended package in brown paper. We got off at the next stop, at my girlfriends insistence. Not that I needed persuading. She alerted an attendant who called (I assume) to security at the next stop.

Never heard anything more about it. Probably nothing. But other countries have been dealing with terrorism for a lot longer than we have, and the citizens are attuned, though not panicked by it.

1. John Holden profile image59

Yes Doug, you can imagine my reaction after 9/11 being told by Americans that I had no idea of what it was like to live under the threat of terrorism!

working