jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

What's wrong with politics in your home country

1. CyclingFitness profile image91
    CyclingFitnessposted 6 years ago

Here in the UK we have a coalition government with in fighting

An opposition party that helped to financially take us into a recession (and then has the audacity to question what the others finacial policy is!)

A failed attempt to change our current voting system

and the list goes on

2. 2uesday profile image85
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

Can I add to that - and nobody knows what or who to believe. smile

1. CyclingFitness profile image91
      CyclingFitnessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Of course the can!

2. uncorrectedvision profile image61
      uncorrectedvisionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That sounds like a universal experience not just one peculiar to the UK.

1. Druid Dude profile image59
        Druid Dudeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Kinda like having faith in God, or like believing in some cockamamie theory some "genius" thought up. Like, Newton didn't invent gravity, and everyone at that time understood plainly, that when throwing a rock in the air, it is best not to stand under it.

1. Druid Dude profile image59
          Druid Dudeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Same thing w/ politics. Except that you throw a candidate in the air, expecting a messiah to come down, and stand right under it.

1. uncorrectedvision profile image61
            uncorrectedvisionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I place no faith in men.

3. profile image0
    Muldanianmanposted 6 years ago

We have MPs in the UK, who are punishing the poor and the sick by taking away necessary welfare benefits, whilst at the same time claiming expenses for the moats of their castles to be cleaned or for third, fourth and fifth homes which they don't even live at.  We also have a House of Lords, which is totally unelected, yet which has a right, because of their titles to make laws which will effect everyone. We also have a Prime Minister and leader of the Liberal Democrats who attended private schools and are from upper class backgrounds, so can have no understanding of real life for most of the British public.  In the UK, I still think class is the biggest barrier, but this suits MPs, so I can't see it changing any time soon.

working