Is testosterone and/or the male ego ruining America?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (22 posts)
  1. cooldad profile image61
    cooldadposted 12 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5486361_f248.jpg
    Whether it be politics, Wall Street, or the War on Terror, it seems to me that the male ego is ruining America.  In almost every bad situation we encounter in our country, I can't help but think there is a "little" man with a big ego doing something shifty behind the scenes. 

I think it's safe to say that the problems with our economy come directly from a small group of men with huge egos who couldn't get out of greed's way.  Politics has turned into a game of "my package is bigger than yours". And the War on Terror has turned into a game of ego instead of protection.

Any thoughts?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree it's turned into a game of ego.  But not male dominance.  Matter of fact, it's the other way around;  America is being emasculated.
      That's as far as I'll go, 'cause actually that point is the focus of a hub I've had in mind for a while....

cooldadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I didn't really mean male dominance.  I think in general, men screw things up because of their egos.  I've done it plenty of times in my life.  I look forward to reading your hub when you write it.

2. lady_love158 profile image59
      lady_love158posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You men obsess too mych over the size of you d***s which is why we have so much trouble in the world and why we need a woman president!

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Never heard of d*** enlargement.  Silicone implants, on the other hand, reflect a certain amount of concern over perceived female anatomical deficiencies.

Maybe we will get a 44DDD for president? lol

cooldadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would agree that many men are obsessed with the size of their business.  But, I have to agree with wilderness.  I think far more women are obsessed with their appearances, as evidenced by the popularity of botox, breast enhancements and lipo.

1. lady_love158 profile image59

Sure its a mans world and we're forced to compete in a game where men make the rules so yes we have to work to maintain a youthful attractive look. The difference is men always have something to prove not just physically but psycholgically. The car they drive the clothes they wear how much money they make is all a manifestation of how big their junk is and they do it all to attrack women who for the most part don't give a damn about any of that and just want a decent guy.

I'm sure you're right - men with small junk have to buy fancy cars and throw money around to compensate.  And the ones better endowed show the car and money. to prove it.

But then, they can't walk around half exposed poking it in people's faces the way women do.  Maybe if we could we would let the car go and give the money to the woman instead - that's all she wants anyway! sad

1. profile image0
                Nick Lucasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

great comment im lol'ing all the way to my scooter haha....

Well, I doubt I'm real impressive screaming down the road in my Prius, either! lol

1. profile image0

for the record I dont own a scooter......a scooter is like a big woman....they are both fun to ride until your friends see you

2. lady_love158 profile image59

Yeah right! I have my own money!

1. profile image0

hey well I can help you redistribute it haha

3. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, ego is one problem, both men and women. However, it's more complicated than just ego. wink

4. Ralph Deeds profile image64
      Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you believe the pharmaceutical industry's TV ads "Low T" is the problem, not excessive testosterone. First came "E.D." now it's "Low T."

5. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My package is so big, UPS won't handle it. smile
      It has to go freight!

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Could be those who print the money. Its a system.

3. jacobsrw profile image57
    jacobsrwposted 12 years ago

What about people like Pelosi and Clinton?  I think it boils down to greed, selfishness and blindness to reality, blindness to what is actually good for our country.

4. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 12 years ago

haha if penis enlargement cream really worked then we would have a bunch of men with seriously large hands - unless they used gloves to apply it of course smile smile

5. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

One simple answer, "Yes."

6. Wizard Of Whimsy profile image61
    Wizard Of Whimsyposted 12 years ago

I'm reminded of Molly Ivins' observation about sourthern men and especially men from Texas—namely, they have three dominant  characteristics: religiosity, machismo and an unrelenting hatred of paying taxes of any kind. 

If it's testosterone or or a lack of adequate male endowment, I couldn't say, but the male ego seems a likely culprit for putting America in the ditch we're ALL in—unnecessary wars, weapons and wasted money.

http://www.maleenhancementpatch.com/images/vprx-patch-mainright.jpg

7. Wizard Of Whimsy profile image61
    Wizard Of Whimsyposted 12 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5518524.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)