jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Bank of America

1. Apostle Jack profile image59
    Apostle Jackposted 5 years ago

Don't Bank of America go to court in November for overdraft charges to many of their account holders? What is the story on that?

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

What difference does it matter? No one is going to jail.

They will be slapped with a penalty, possibly be forced to payback certain monies, but when they only have to payback $200 million while reap $1 Billion or more....what difference does it really matter in the end.

They were able to leverage the money they weren't supposed to get into tens of billions of dollars by the time they get the slap on the wrist.

It's time to wake up people!

1. KFlippin profile image61
      KFlippinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, it is long since time to wake up from the committee directives and legislative influence of over a decade of the financially critical and influential liberals Barney and Dodd.............jail?? Hmmm........ Call to Wake UP.....a High Five........

2. Ralph Deeds profile image70
      Ralph Deedsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The Wall Street banksters are worse than the Mafia.

1. Petra Vlah profile image60
        Petra Vlahposted 5 years ago in reply to this

and just as hard to bring to justice, Ralph.

3. kmackey32 profile image80
    kmackey32posted 5 years ago

That is why they are raising there fees. I hope they lose a ton of buisness.

4. Paul Wingert profile image78
    Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago

With BOA adding debit card fees (and other serious issues), the best thing account holders can do is close their accounts and go with a credit union or a smaller bank.

1. Apostle Jack profile image59
      Apostle Jackposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for all your answers,it is very fulfilling.

2. Petra Vlah profile image60
      Petra Vlahposted 5 years ago in reply to this

and so they will, Paul - I have no doubt!
      Rather than charging the customers to recuperate losses resulting from bad decision and fraudulent actions, they should froze the accounts of their executives who created the mess in the first place

1. Paul Wingert profile image78
        Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Great idea Petra! Bottom line that it's their (BOA) own fault to begin with. I guessw thehir thinking is that they will have their customers pay for their screw ups.

5. VictorG profile image61
    VictorGposted 5 years ago

I think they are making a number of changes right now in regards to banking fees. For instance, I think not only are they charging monthly fees now on accounts with only a certain balance, but they are also going to start charging $5 for debit cards.

Another reason to switch to a Credit Union. Although you of course want to research the credit union first, I can not imagine using one of these sorts of banks by choice!

6. GoGreenTips profile image60
    GoGreenTipsposted 5 years ago

Rely I don;t think that they are that worried, no one is going to jail, the punishment, if any will be less than any rewards the achieved. That's why they continue to do it. In reality lots of people will rant and rave about it, but they won;y lose that many customers. Look at all the other sneaky BS they've pulled. If they did make mistakes that hurt their business then they always have Uncle Sam to bail them out.

7. Moderndayslave profile image60
    Moderndayslaveposted 5 years ago

B of A's reasoning for the increased fees is a result of Dodd Frank. Why do banks feel that they are entitled to a certain amount of profit? Guess what? YOUR NOT! You can't pass everything on to the customer,your multi- million dollar paydays are over. I feel bad for all of the laid off hourly workers there will be, but pull your money out of B of A and crash it. Let's teach the other greedy bankster's a lesson while were at it.

working