jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

GA provides free voter IDs:

1. habee profile image95
    habeeposted 6 years ago

We've debated voter IDs several times on these threads. Some who have opposed the requirement for voter ID said that some people couldn't afford to purchase one. GA now offers FREE voter IDs. Anyone know if other states are doing the same?

1. thisisoli profile image73
      thisisoliposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Great way to proceed.  The UK wanted to bring in identity cards, which I support, but charge money for the priviledge, which I don't lol. Of course the money still has to come from somewhere I suppose!

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it has to come from somewhere.  In this case, the tax base.  Unfortunately, it must be doubled from what it actually costs to provide our politicians more money for their pork while still paying for the cards. sad

2. Ralph Deeds profile image64
      Ralph Deedsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The Republicans are trying to suppress Dem votes in many states, claiming they are doing it to prevent fraud which is close to being non-existent. Michigan requires a driver's license or other photo I.D., but as far as I know the state doesn't provide free I.D. As has been pointed out already, cost/affordability isn't the only issue.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

With no way of checking ID, how do you know there is very little fraud?  Because the Dems say so in an effort to keep their fraudulent votes?

Just sayin...

2. habee profile image95
        habeeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I realize cost isn't the only issue, but it's one that has been frequently raised.

working