Indiana lawmaker says Girl Scouts promote abortion

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

Indiana lawmaker says Girl Scouts promote abortion
    By TOM LoBIANCO | Associated Press
    Bob Morris claims that the Girl Scouts organization is too radical and pulled his kids out.He and other conservative lawmakers are making these claims because the GS accepted a transgender child and promotes abortion by supporting the Planned Parenthood. kids.
    Morris' comments about the Girl Scouts came in a letter he sent to House Republicans on Saturday that said he had conducted some research on the Internet and discovered that the scouts are a "tactical arm" of Planned Parenthood.

The Girl Scouts flatly denied Morris' accusations, and Planned Parenthood of Indiana issued a separate statement calling Morris' charges "woefully inaccurate."

http://news.yahoo.com/indiana-lawmaker- … 45801.html

1. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Man! I've got four girls. I wonder who the brownies support.

2. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

I heard the cookies they sell contain substantial doses of the morning after pill

1. American View profile image60
      American Viewposted 12 years agoin reply to this

HAHAHA

2. American View profile image60

I guess that explains why I am hormonal after eating them.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

The Girl Scouts are great.  It seems whack-a-loons are really having a go at them this year.

4. American View profile image60
    American Viewposted 12 years ago

Girls Scouts organization has released a memo to all stating their positions. They claim they are not a left organization, there are no transgenders in the girl scouts anywhere, and that they do not have sex badges that the girls must earn.

Now, conspicuous by its absence was no mention or denial on Planned Parenthood. Because they cannot deny it, they are involved. Now they are not involved like they promote abortions or give PP money, those kinds of statements are not accurate. But GSA does have PP come to troop rallies or meeting to discuss sex. They do pass out brochures to those that attend, and parents are not allowed in the meeting. But PP does not give brochures for GSA to give out. I know, my daughter was a GS years ago, I saw it first hand.

Seems there is some truth to what we hear, but it gets way blown out of proportion. I would like to know if a transgender child was accepted into the GSA in Colorado, not to make an issue of the child, but to see if GSA is lying about the statement there are none. A false statement will only lower their credibility with the public

Stacie Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://www.justout.com/tag/transgender-children/
      I read the original article about the 7 year old transgender and I assumed that when they assigned the child as a male that the child may be a Hermaphrodite; being born with both male and female genitals.Some refer to this as intersex.
      This has got to be tough on the 7 year old with all these adults squabbling over their gender

1. American View profile image60

Stacie,

I kind of made the same assumption. It seems illogical that a child would want a sex change operation. That was why I wanted to know more about the Colorado story

1. profile image0
          The Writers Dogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I grew up with the secrecy of transsexualism. From the age of six I knew that I wanted to be a girl.

It took me until the age of 29 to be able to tell my family that I am transsexual and another four years after that to be accepted in to the treatment programme.

I have now been on hormones for two years, and have just been accepted for the last stage before my corrective surgery.

Thankfully these days childhood transsexualism is recognised, and parents are more open minded, reducing the number of suicides by children who grow up trying or being forced to live a life that is not theirs.

Children do when their bodies do not fit what they know about the way they feel.

2. lovemychris profile image77
      lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The only credibilty lowered is on the ridiculous bigots who call themselves religious people.

Since when is God a god of hate and intolerance?

Since when do mere humans decide who is worthy or not?

They are twisting religion beyond recognition.

Stacie Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They are just using religion to perpetuate their hate

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)