Vote GOP to ensure our future

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

How dumb do these scientists think we are?

"Oceans Acidifying Fastest in 300 Million Years Due to Emissions"

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c … -M099V.DTL

Yeah, right, I was down at the ocean just last week and it isn't acid. 

Elect more Republicans and all this scientific nonsense can continue to be swept under the table where it belongs.

I mean, sheesh, who cares about the oceans? Do the grow cattle in the ocean?  Do they make cars or airplanes in the ocean?

No, they do not.

Vote GOP. Ensure your future!

1. profile image0
      Chasukposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am personally hoping that Rush Limbaugh throws in his hat before next week. then we could have a Limbaugh/Romney ticket. Wouldn't that be awesome!!!!!!!!!

Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, Romney and Paul.

Far more damaging for the country.  Damaging in a good way, of course.  Damaging in a way that keeps the rich where they belong and shuts up the liberal scum.  And those idiot scientists.  Like Santorum says,h igher  education is a bad thing and scientists always go to college.

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, no. It should have been Romney/Huntsman. Two Mormons vs the world. Wow.

The oceans will evaporate when the Rapture happens anyway. Everyone who isn't taken is supposed to burn.

That should solve the problems.

3. Paul Wingert profile image60
        Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh yeah! Please let Limbaugh throw his hat in the GOP race. I would be funny to watch him get chewed up. He's a loud mouth, BS artist who likes the sound of his own voice, not a politian or even a journalist for that matter. I never vote Republican in the presdiental elections by the way.

2. shibashake profile image82
      shibashakeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I never liked fish anyway. They always seem so fishy.

True.

We should just drain the stupid oceans and be done with it.

1. lorlie6 profile image71
          lorlie6posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Draining the oceans of this planet is a fab idea, Pcunix!  We've no use for that pesky salt water, anyway.  When them science geeks get rid of it, we can build and build and build...What a future!

3. Janze profile image61
      Janzeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I suppose you had your pH meter with you at the beach. A good idea to always carry the pH meter. You can always tell when the scientists are lying.

4. JayDeck profile image61
      JayDeckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Can I break out my old seal beating club?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

Hehehehehehhe

Scientist schmientist, is what I always say!  Why, everyone knows that salt ain't acid!

http://www.files.chem.vt.edu/chem-ed/co … intro.html

Al Kaline was a hall of fame MLB guy, and probably a red commie!  Why should the oceans not be more acidic?  Acid is American!  It's why we experimented on our own people with it with MK Ultra!

3. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

Excellent points.

Let's not lose sight of the goal, though.  The more pro-business, ultra religious people we can get into office, the quicker we can return to our natural state of living off the land and praying for rain.

It's going to be wonderful.  If Gawd didn't wnt the oceans to be acidic, what did he invent the internal combustion engine?  Why show us where all the coal was buried?  I mean really, don't these scientists understand that there are REASONS for all this stuff?

4. lorlie6 profile image71
    lorlie6posted 12 years ago

Oh, and PS:  How've you been?  Did you hear about Rush and his slut comment?  Rush for President, I say! wink

Definitely.  All sex should be outlawed, except under the watchful eye of a duly ordained minister or priest.

1. profile image60
        logic,commonsenseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah and all profit making should be banned except for that what is sent to Obama's campaign war chest.
        Did you see another Obama supporter not paying taxes to the tune of 3 billion dollars?  Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook.

Nobody should be paying taxes.

We are going to live off the land in our Libertarian Paradise!  Zuck is a visionary.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

To ensure that it's only done for procreation between a man and a woman that are married!!!!

In fact, I think we need surveillance prior to intercourse to ensure the validity of all sexual interactions!!!!

We need new provisions under the less than adequate Patriot Act!!!!!!

We should push a new bill through - the "Missionary Act!" - to ensure that sex remains wholesome, and pure!

3. lorlie6 profile image71
        lorlie6posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ooooh, kinky!

5. lone77star profile image73
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

Pcunix, for once I agree with you. Definitely, vote Republican and make it Ron Paul for fiscal sanity. Romney and the others are part of the old school problem (more big government, fiscal insanity, prostitutes to the lobbyists).

Acidic ocean? Carbon dioxide will do that (carbonic acid). Increasing CO2 will decrease pH (thus greater acidity). Simple chemistry.

And no, Wesman, it has nothing to do with salt.

But the scare tactics being used are a control ploy to get subversive legislation passed. The super-rich want more control. They seem to be heading in for the finish line after more than 2 centuries of machinations.

Only about 3 countries anymore are not shackled with a "Rothschild" central bank. And we have nice, big reasons to attack them. Like the non-existent MWD's held by Iraq.

The super-rich just about have the entire planet sewed up. A few more tricks like 9/11 (Rockefellers) and the Patriot Act, and we're all in deep do-do.

Will it be a nuclear bomb during the London Olympics? Something else?

Back in the day, Rome would "justify" war with an opponent by holding a mock conversation in a public forum. One senator would pretend to be the "enemy" performing some affront, then everyone would vote to go to war against the unsuspecting enemy. The Rothschilds and Rockefellers have become far more sophisticated on this technique.

Funny how truth is even funnier than fiction..

Subversive legislation..  Ayup, that's what it's all about.  Tornados are tearing up the country as I write this, but that's not from global warming, no.. And the ocean is just fine - its NATURAL.

Yes, vote GOP.  Ensure your future.  Not a future any intelligent peron would want, but that's hat you'll get.

Santorum is so right.  Education is bad.

2. kerryg profile image82
      kerrygposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"Acidic ocean? Carbon dioxide will do that (carbonic acid). Increasing CO2 will decrease pH (thus greater acidity). Simple chemistry.

And no, Wesman, it has nothing to do with salt.

But the scare tactics being used are a control ploy to get subversive legislation passed. The super-rich want more control."

Just out of curiosity, if you accept the chemistry behind the acidification of the oceans, why not the chemistry that states that shells of marine organisms such as coral and certain types of phytoplankton cannot calcify below a certain pH?

6. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years ago

http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/files/imagecache/feature/files/20071107_lsd.jpg

There's lots of acid in the ocean?  Cool

1. kerryg profile image82
      kerrygposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't you mean groovy?

2. cathylynn99 profile image76
      cathylynn99posted 12 years agoin reply to this

yup. vote republican. make sure all conceived babies are born and the poor ones will get kicked off food stamps and starve and that large numbers of them won't have health care.

7. Druid Dude profile image61
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

Acid rain killed off the life in NY lakes, and the effects of it can still be seen in the older trees which survived it. The condition of the oceans is now becoming apparent, and to denying it would make more sense to deny that there is mercury in all of of fish we are pulling out of it. I live in a fishing port.

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

FAROUT, man!

8. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

<<<< thinks  that nobody got any of his jokes....CRIES!  SCREAMS!  PUNCHES WALL!  (sticks hand in bucket of ice to stop the swelling)

9. randslam profile image78
    randslamposted 12 years ago

Vote GOP to ensure our future what?

I can hardly follow the likes of Rick "Insanitorium-bound" Santorum or Mitt "Can you catch the fact that I'm Rich?" Romney.

Sad to think that conservative means calm and reserved...wise and cautious.  Not seeing a great deal of that in the Re-puke-blican party.  I just love watching 'em drop of massive heart attacks, "slut-calling" and next...Anne Coulter reveals her lesbianesque lifestyle.

If these people are conservative...I'll stick with Jesus and be a progressive liberal...at least it leaves me the option of being generous...instead of just dumb...lol.

Vote GOP to ensure our future fill of comedic respite.

Ayup.  Vote GOP to ensure a future of diminished expectations, abounding pollution, denial of minority rights, welfare for the wealthy and near slavery for everyone else..

10. Ralph Deeds profile image64
    Ralph Deedsposted 12 years ago

Long term, insure the extinction of the human race.

True, but because of extreme ignorance and disdain for education and intelligence, they have a strong base.

Then they pick up more support from more intelligent people who have fallen for the "good for business" and "small  government" nonsense. 

It's sad.  Very, very sad.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)