jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Do you find colors, that surround you, effect your mood?

1. backporchstories profile image86
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

We hear how all the colors represent human emotions and can influence ones mood.  What is your favorite color and what does it do for you?  Me?  I am personally drawn to purple and green.  The purple is spiritual and royalty while green is nature and can also relate to anger or excitement!  So, what hues color your world?

1. gracenotes profile image93
      gracenotesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My favorite color is red, but I don't want it surrounding me, for obvious reasons.  It's too intense.

Red no longer has a place in my home decoration scheme, but I still like to wear it.

I just re-decorated my living room (after 25 years) and all the red, burgundy, and green are gone.

I chose something more restful -- browns, blacks, taupes, terra cottas, beiges, and occasional splashes of green polyester plants that give some evidence of life.  smile

backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You chose all the serene colors of nature!

2. MarleneB profile image94
      MarleneBposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My favorite color is blue in any hue. It keeps me calm. But, lately I have been taking a liking to green. I guess since I moved out to the country and see so much of it, green is slowly moving into my blue territory. I can tell that soon I will be saying green is my favorite color. Not yet, though; I still like blue a lot.

Blue is a calming tranquail feeling.  Good for friendship too!

3. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Color influence moods? Interesting thought.
      My two favorite colors are blue and black. However, these don't do jack for my mood.
      None that I know of.

2. BrianMI6 profile image61
    BrianMI6posted 5 years ago

Speaking from experience, I can definitely say that color impacts mood.  When we first moved into our home we painted it this awesome dark green with a faux texture.  Everyone who visited commented on how neat it was.

Unfortunately, it's pretty dark in Michigan during the winter and our living room seemed like a cave.  I'm sure it enhanced any depression we felt at the time as we were going through hard times.

This year we went to Sherwin Williams and bought a color called "June Day" yellow and as soon as our living room was finished, it felt so wonderful and happy.  I seriously almost cried.  It was that intense of an experience.  I'll always have bright colors in my home from now on.

Awesome on the yellow!  Green can be depression if too much of it.  I like green more for accents!  However, I wear alot of green stone for jewelry.

3. Diane Woodson profile image60
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

I like blue and fushia and fushia is almost my favorite nail color in the summer that and a tangerine color. Blue puts me in a nice calm mood.

I am a sucker for the color tangerine.  You do not see it often.

working