A LEGISLATIVE PROPOSAL UPDATE 1
BACKGROUND HEALTH CARE PROPOSAL
All citizens are quite familiar with the rancorous debate that has been raging on the subject of health care in the USA. Our Congressional Representatives and Senators have faced their constituency in various forums including Town Hall Meetings.
Some of our representative chose to sit the process out and opted to meet by teleconference or pre-selected groups to evade the rancor of their constituents.
Much of the rancor has been fostered by lack of clarity in the various formulated bills. The fact that lawyers formulate bills is a direct cause of this lack of clarity
WHAT ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION
The Constitution is a great document, which is the foundation upon which this great nation was founded. The Constitution clearly enumerates the powers of the Federal Government and the powers reserved to the Various States. In the 9th and 10th Amendments it is stated that, the people specifically hold all powers not so enumerated.
The Constitution lays out a specific manner for Congress to enact laws, but the Constitution is not specific on by whom the laws are written. Nor is the language of laws specifically enumerated by the Constitution
MY LEGESLATIVE PROPOSAL
In the home of Tom Whitworth, Moundsville, West Virginia, September 3, 2009 this proposal is put forth for consideration by all legislative bodies within the borders of the United States of America. If adopted this proposal would become one of The Laws of The Nation.
1. From this time forward all new bills written for consideration shall be written in plain English.
2. Bills will clearly contain a list of all things that they intend to accomplish.
3. Bills will clearly contain a list of all things that they do not intend to accomplish.
All enacted laws must be evaluated periodically to evaluate its efficacy. A minimum period for the evaluation would be 2 years. Failure to perform intended purpose or performing unintended purpose or exceeding cost estimates by more than 10% per year would result in immediate nullification of the law unless a specific legislated extension (also written as described herein) is passed by the legislative body.
5. If lawmakers feel there is a necessity for laws to be translated into legalese, a non-partisan panel shall accomplish this process. If any dispute develops due to this translation process the power of law reverts to the plain English Version.
6. SEE COMMENTS OF A TEXAN BELOW REGARDING RAISING REVENUE.
LETS GIVE IT A TRY. WE HAVE MUCH TO GAIN AND WE HAVE MUCH TO LOSE.
UPDATE 1 WIN FRIENDS
7. If you are the President give a speech before a joint session of Congress. Reiterate your position quite forcefully.
Be sure to win NEW friends. THREATEN TO CALL OUT ANY ONE WHO DOESN'T AGREE WITH YOU!!!!!!!