jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

What is the difference between love and romance?

1. rdsparrowriter profile image78
    rdsparrowriterposted 4 years ago

What is exactly romance is? Loving someone and not being romantic, does it cause problems?

1. Kevin Peter profile image71
      Kevin Peterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am not an expert in this field, yet I think that love is the sacred feeling that comes from within the heart. Showing off this love to your partner is what is called romance. Love and romance are both very necessary for a healthy relationship.

rdsparrowriterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your information smile I agree with you to that love being a sacred thing smile

2. dashingscorpio profile image89
      dashingscorpioposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Love is an emotion. Romance is a setting, ambiance, or gestures designed to put someone in the mood to have sex or tug at their heart strings. It's not uncommon for someone to let their guard down after experiencing several romantic outings or gestures with a person. (candlelight dinners, love letters or poems, flowers & candy deliveries, moonlight strolls on the beach, a picnic in the park under a tree, a surprise weekend getaway, sensual massage, or bubble bath together by candlelight...etc) All the aforementioned activities could be considered acts of romance.

However there are people that do these things at the (start) of all relationships! Romantic gestures are also often used by "players" for the purpose of seduction. With experience comes maturity and person learns not confuse one's gestures towards them to mean they are "in love" with them. Romance is a key to unlocking a person's heart. However it is NOT love itself.

Thank you for your views smile I truly appreciate it smile

2. suzzycue profile image93
    suzzycueposted 4 years ago

Love is what really counts to hold the couple together through thick and thin. Romance is the game that is played to capture their loved ones heart.  Romance seldom last the test of time but little romantic gestures always melt the heart.

Thanks suzzycue smile Romance is more like caring and sharing, only difference I see is that it is shown to someone special in a special way smile

3. profile image0
    Beth37posted 4 years ago

I think love is more of a decision than an emotion. There are times when someone you love isn't that lovable, but because you have chosen to love them, you put their needs above your own. You make decisions with their best in mind. You choose to give and forgive even when it's not easy.

Romance, to me, is the emotional part. It's something that many long for, but I would imagine, in the long run, it would be better to have someone hold your hand when you're crying... to rejoice with you when you've had a success... or to be at your bedside if you had cancer, then to bring you flowers or light candles.

Of course having both is preferable, but in the long run I would choose love. Love never fails.

So true Beth37 smile Thank you for stopping by to share your wisdom smile I would certainly like love more than romance. I'm not that romantic, but I do what I can do for those whom I love even though when I'm not that important to whoever that person is.

working