jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is the difference between love and infatuation? If a person falls in love w

1. maheshpatwal profile image73
    maheshpatwalposted 7 years ago

What is the difference between love and infatuation? If a person falls in love with a boy/girl...

every month can it be called a LOVE?

2. Right On Time profile image61
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

Love is a real emotion, infatuation is an illusion about someone that is not really based on reality

3. phoenix_028@yahoo profile image61
    phoenix_028@yahooposted 7 years ago

hmmmm tough question as for my opinion the difference between love and infatuation is, love is for the long run while infatuation its more of a fad it changes in time.

4. fucsia profile image60
    fucsiaposted 7 years ago

The infatuation is an emotion that overwhelms us and makes us lose our head. Sometimes after the infatuation can born love. But not always. In my opinion infatuation and love are two very different things. The first is a chemical reaction, an attraction, sometimes mistaken for love. Love is something deep, that sheds new light on our lives, that makes us feel serene, clear, pure. Is a feeling, perhaps we can say a mix of emotions.

5. sturner1 profile image67
    sturner1posted 7 years ago

infatuation to me would be a crush. Someone you like that may or maynot feel the same way about you. A preconceived notion that this person is right for you based on a fantasy, or small interactions. Love is real, emotional, and shared. Some People fall in love after being infatuated with someone. To me infatuation is the same as lust.

6. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

Love takes time and sharing hardships.  Infatuation is just lust.

I'll not go into the details... you can figure it out.

7. sarclair profile image79
    sarclairposted 7 years ago

Infatuation, is just a constant thought. You can determine the difference this way : would you give your life up to save the life of the other person? Love is selfless.

8. freedomfromfear profile image57
    freedomfromfearposted 7 years ago

Falling in love is never love- love is caring about the happiness of another without wanting anything in return.

When two people meet- there is no "love" in that moment, because no one knows who the other one really is. That takes time and truth telling and only in the place of someone letting someone know them can they feel loved- If I only tell you the "good" things about me- then you may "love" me- but I won't feel it- really- because I've keep my perceived "flaws" from you. Only by allowing you to make your choice of loving me with my flaws and assets will there be love.

9. framistan profile image57
    framistanposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4445597_f260.jpg

Love is a giving thing.  The Hebrew word for Love is a 2 syllable word meaning " i-give".   Infatuation is a TAKING thing.  It is what YOU get  -- not what you GIVE.   By the way, Do you know what the OPPOSITE of love is?   It is NOT hate.  It is indifference!  Love is caring about the health and happiness of another person equal or more than for yourself.

10. sonia05 profile image59
    sonia05posted 7 years ago

infactuation is temporary and love is permanent! love stays,infactuation vanishes ! Love is a deep emotion,infactuation is simply a passing emotion.infactuation gives momentary pleasures,love gives lifetime happiness!!!!!!! having said all the above,infactuation may turn into love at a later stage and an emotional journey begins!

working