Pregnancy over 40

1. AmandaJon profile image70
    AmandaJonposted 4 years ago

Pregnancy over 40, is it ok to have a baby after 40? Would you agree to give birth to a child after 40?

1. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 4 years agoin reply to this

With advances in medical technology, I don't see any reason why it would not be okay to have a baby after 40.  Even 38, when my mother had me, she was just six months shy of her 40th birthday.  I would certainly agree to give birth to a child after 40.  I may actually have to, since I'm getting close to there and my husband and I don't yet have a living child of our own. 

I say go for it!  If you're healthy, and conscious of your health during the pregnancy, and treated by competent physicians, you'll have a beautiful, healthy child!  And those extra years that you waited may have turned you into a wiser, more patient, and more practical mother.  Wise, patient, and practical mothers are VERY good for children.

big_smile

1. AmandaJon profile image70
        AmandaJonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your comment Motown2Chitown. I 100% agree with all you said, if you genuinely want a baby and ready for all challenges whether good or not so good then go for it!!

working