jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Is Your Lover Just Another Person in Your Social Network?

1. Dr Billy Kidd profile image93
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 3 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/11838586.jpg
    It seems like young people do not have time to get to know their lovers. But also people as old as 45, maybe even 50, appear to be texting dozens of people all day long. No time to call and chat. It makes one wonder if lovers are just a part of one's social network.

1. Sed-me profile image79
      Sed-meposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Im not sure if there is a question in your post, but if you are talking about sexting, I would imagine there is little need to get to know your "lover." It would be the modern day equivalent of a one night stand etc. However, if someone wanted to be in a relationship with another person, one would make more of an effort to spend time with them, although phones and computers are definitely the way ppl are still going to communicate. Maybe FB has replaced the bar scene.

1. Dr Billy Kidd profile image93
        Dr Billy Kiddposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I hadn't thought about the sexting part of it.
        II do see couples who sit across from each other in restaurants who don't even talk. They're preoccupied with keeping up with their smartphone stuff. And I've seen people who send short texts to cancel a date. And I've heard about people breaking up by posting it on facebook.
        I'm just wondering how far this has taken over the culture.

1. Sed-me profile image79
          Sed-meposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Well now I feel awkward. lol
          According to my unrequested report, it has gone quite far.

working