jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (18 posts)

First thing you will do when you see your ex-bf dating with someone?

1. chaixkee profile image56
    chaixkeeposted 8 years ago

First thing you will do when you see your ex-bf dating with someone?

2. shirleybill profile image58
    shirleybillposted 8 years ago

You would do nothing. After all, he is an ex boyfriend, so get a life, and move on.

3. advisor4qb profile image80
    advisor4qbposted 8 years ago

THROW A PARTY?!!!!  No, seriously, I would be happy for the person.  Obviously, you didn't want him anymore.  It's obviously best to let go of all that negative energy, and allow yourself to be happy.  Try to ignore the pain for now, and it will eventually fade.  Trust me.

4. Get My Ex Back profile image52
    Get My Ex Backposted 8 years ago

It really depends on how you feel about your ex. If you are still in love with him, your reaction will certainly be different than if you have moved on. If you have moved on the answer is simple, wish them both the best of luck and continue on with your life. If you haven't moved on that will present a whole different set of issues and prompt a lot of questions that you will need to ask yourself.

5. daniel dalton profile image64
    daniel daltonposted 8 years ago

Personally, it would be best to just shrug it off. You don't want your ex-bf to think that you are so effected. Most guys just feel bad for the girl if things are dragged out. Or drama unfolds. To make him feel bad, you need to just go out and meet new people. Rebounding is an option, but not sure if that's what you want.

Having a life without him would just eat him up inside. Moving on would be the best bet. No guy likes to feel replaced no matter who broke up with who.

Also, start getting healthier and I suggest working out. Guys will be guys. If you are looking mighty fine and sexy, then he might second guess his new date.

6. Miss Match profile image59
    Miss Matchposted 8 years ago

Finally realise that it's time for you too, to move on with your life.

7. JoChris26 profile image45
    JoChris26posted 8 years ago

As hard as it will be, you have to play it cool and always be friendly.  This is assuming that you want to get back with your ex.  The way that you handle that situation could make or break your chances at getting back together.

I have a newsletter you can sign up on my blog that talks about this.  Or, check out my hub page. 

Anyway, the key is to remember to stay confident, courteous, and friendly.  Your goal is to make him think twice about leaving...not be grateful thatat he did.  Good luck!

8. Queen_Kevyn95 profile image55
    Queen_Kevyn95posted 8 years ago

honestly, never act jealous.  never beg for his forgiveness, never show any sign of weakness.  it will be hard, i promise, but you will be able to do this if you try.  play it cool, act like you want to be friends and always be nice to the girlfriend.  even behind his back, because if she feels that you are a threat, she's likely to whine to your ex about you being bitchy to her and if you were hoping to get back together with him, you're chances just got nixed. 
    the truth about most guys is, they like to pursue women, and it's much more fun than if you pursue them.
    if he wants you back he wants you back, and it's your job from there to keep up the good work. smile

9. Anamika S profile image56
    Anamika Sposted 8 years ago

This has happened to me. If I dumped someone i would not allow him to be in my life other than as a just a friend. So I would be happy that he finally moved on.

10. charlettevidal profile image76
    charlettevidalposted 8 years ago

If I am still single and we parted ways as friends I'll just give him a quick smile and go on to where I should be going. If he'll introduce me to his date then that would be fine as I will not feel awkward since we parted in good terms and the relationship was over.Like we already have move on with our own lives. But if we parted not on friendly terms then I'll just ignore the both of them as if I didn't knew him at all and nothing happened between us.

11. Sarah Horth profile image57
    Sarah Horthposted 8 years ago

Sometimes I have felt bad, and other times I have felt relieved depending on the breakup.

Breaking up happens in stages.  You breakup and get used to being alone again, not part of a relationship.  Then you see your ex with someone else and it is another stage, the final one.  It can be hard to see them move on (especially if you aren't ready to do this yourself) and even if you don't want to be with them, you can feel sad all over again and maybe a bit jealous (more about him moving on than over him being with someone else).

Other times I have thought: 'Yay, please take him!' as I think I have felt a bit guilty about leaving him.  It is a relief to see him moving on.

12. OhKathryn profile image60
    OhKathrynposted 8 years ago

My ex was already dating someone else a week after we had broken up, nice right? And I didn't care, I just felt bad for the next girl who had to deal with his bs.

13. profile image55
    blong72posted 8 years ago

depends on whether or not you still want him back. If you dont move on and good luck to him. If you want him back you better figure out if that is really what you want first or you're just jealous and that is a natural reaction.

14. Rangerwife profile image57
    Rangerwifeposted 8 years ago

I'd do something to give myself more confidence, such as working out, tanning, going shopping, going to a salon...  I know I'm hotter than that other girl, so it's his loss.  Just stay positive.  That's the key.

15. EnglishRose profile image48
    EnglishRoseposted 8 years ago

Well he's not mine anymore so am happy that he's moved on to love again like i have.

16. Leslie1 profile image55
    Leslie1posted 8 years ago

Walk right up and say hello to your ex and with a huge smile on  your face introduce yourself to the new girl.  If the situation isn't conducive to an introduction. Remember the three C's! Remain Classy, Calm and Civil!

Always, always, always take the high road. Even if you go home and tear out your own hair after. 

www.getbackwithyourlover.com

17. tinaweha profile image67
    tinawehaposted 7 years ago

my first reaction would be to feel sorry for the girl

18. Globetrekkermel profile image76
    Globetrekkermelposted 5 years ago

I will not do anything.After all, my relationship with him is history and we are no longer together. He is not answerable to anyone including me. I will wish him well and let him enjoy his life. We all deserve to be happy and he deserves that. Having relationships is hopefully being happy at one point.I can't deny him that, can I?

working