jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Are some people not just cut out for marriage?

1. Chukwuma Anene profile image48
    Chukwuma Aneneposted 8 years ago

Are some people not just cut out for marriage?

I am tired of my spouse. She is a good woman but I just don't feel i have that emotional strength to live with a woman. I find myself needing my privacy a lot of times.

2. Lady_E profile image74
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

Everyone's cut out for marriage.  Its just finding the right person who clicks with you socially, spiritually, physically, emotionally - all levels.

From what you have written - Maybe you could try some new things together. I think you just need to add some spice/variety to your life. As you stated, she is a good woman.

3. Heym0mxtwo profile image51
    Heym0mxtwoposted 8 years ago

It's really scientific. Men do actually need their privacy. Literally actually.

Women need to talk to people to release stress. They produce a hormone called oxytocin and the more they produce, the better they feel. Talking to someone who listens helps to produce this hormone, in effect helping them feel less stressed.

Men on the other hand, need to replenish their testosterone levels by relaxing. And by feeliong appreciated and needed by their partner. But they need the down time to themselves to replenish the testosterone they lose during the work day. It helps them be less stressed out.

I do not believe that anyone is simply not cut out for marriage. But marriage is work. A lot of people think it will be easy living with someone else, but it isn't. Marriage is like many things...it gets better with time.

4. The Phil profile image58
    The Philposted 8 years ago

So tell her when you feel you need your privacy. If she is understanding and cares about your feelings, she will give you your space.

5. Moonchild60 profile image81
    Moonchild60posted 8 years ago

Oh my God can I relate.  I believe some people are just not cut out for marriage.  I have been married twice.  I have a few issues with it.  1) I get bored easily 2) I require a tremendous amount of "alone time" 3) I am not needy and tend to be emotionally independent, because I am a woman this is interpreted as disinterest.  4) I don't like having to account to anyone for what I am doing, want to do, or will do.  So....do I sound like someone who is cut out for marriage?  Not really.  I don't think everyone is.  Additionally, I believe that people come and go in our lives for a reason and having to stay with one person for-ev-er, may be wrong.  We have to be aware of when the party is over and Go Home!  Perhaps there is someone else we are supposed to meet in our lives for a very legitimate and necessary reason and we are just hanging out out of some false sense of obligation, fear or some other reason that really is just an excuse.  So I have to vote on the side of Yes, not everyone is cut out to be married and it would be nice if idiots like me could just see that and respect it early on.

6. ulisses 007 profile image54
    ulisses 007posted 8 years ago

i think that in many  conflictive situation the better way is to go out and find someone else.

7. binarypub profile image62
    binarypubposted 8 years ago

It does seem as if only  the stupid are breeding.

8. Tyler128 profile image56
    Tyler128posted 7 years ago

Dude , let me just say this " i know the feeling , i was there and as every married man must learn , we pick our battles and everyone of us will question our decision of marrying this woman , eventually ! " Basicly  i think your right !

working