jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it true that all isfair in love and war?

1. shakeelz profile image54
    shakeelzposted 8 years ago

Is it true that all isfair in love and war?

2. profile image42
    blackrose116posted 8 years ago

'All' may be fair in war, because you are fighting for your life as well as the life of others.

But 'All' is not fair in love.  There is no telling what a person may do when he/she feels they are in love with someone, who really is not in love with them.  So why should an innocent party  get hurt because of someone playing a sick love game?

A person with low self-esteem, or a lack of affection/attention can easily find themselves in this predicament if they accidentally misread another persons' kindness towards them.  And if this person believes 'All is fair in love...' then this can become a potential problem for the innocent party...

Because there are to many possibilities, 'All in love CANNOT be fair'

3. ChristianLiberal profile image53
    ChristianLiberalposted 8 years ago

Of course not. Anything else would just an excuse to treat your brothers unfairly.

Certainly it's easier to see that you should be fair in love. Who has not been spurned by a lover, as well as having spurned someone else.
    I've had both, and I think the hurting of someone else is worse than being hurt yourself. If you have to break up with someone, the least you can do is to be kind, gentle, and appreciative of the time you have had together. Love is tangible energy. To waste it or abuse it is a crime.

From what I've seen of Near-Death experiences, you feel the emotions in the afterlife of the people you have touched. If you hurt them, you are hurt yourself. If you love them, or at least are kind, then the positive vibrations spread out and bless all of mankind.

4. profile image0
    TypingTornadoposted 8 years ago

was that a question, and does it honestly matter?

working