Is it fair to hurt your boyfriend or girlfriend just because you are hurting?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Stina Caxe profile image81
    Stina Caxeposted 11 years ago

Is it fair to hurt your boyfriend or girlfriend just because you are hurting?

Sometimes when I am upset I can get a little crabby or pouty with my boyfriend, but I am quick to apologize and I never intentionally try to hurt someone else just because I am angry.  Is it fair to let your loved one hurt because you are hurting?

2. profile image0
    Cookie Monster 2posted 11 years ago

its difficult to answer because it would be easy to say you should never hurt the people you care about regardless if its family, loved ones or friends, but if your angery or upset these are the people you tend to let fly at and sometimes you end up saying things you dont mean, its our way of dealing with things, if we are hurting then the people closest should feel the same, it is wrong but you just need to keep hoping that family, loved ones and your friends understand how you feel, and support you, i know this is easy to say but mabye talk to a family member or friend tell them whats hurting or upsetting you, as you dont want to end up loosing the people that mean the most to you, learning from experiance tells me giving advice is far easier than actally taking advice.
    hope this helps you
    Kind regards CM

Stina Caxeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I try to hide it the best I can when I am upset.  Sometimes I will vent but I never make things seem like as big of a deal as they are because I don't want people who care about me to hurt.

2. profile image0
      Cookie Monster 2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I used to be really good a hiding how I feel, but last few months found myself being very low and venting at the wrong people, witch in turn has made me very emotional, it's difficult to break that cycle one it starts

3. dashingscorpio profile image82
    dashingscorpioposted 11 years ago

I never understood why people want others to be unhappy or in a bad mood simply because they aren't feeling good, Maybe it's true what they say; (Misery loves company). I've actually dumped women who have done this on a regular basis in the past. 
    The best thing to do is simply let your mate know you're not feeling good and then do things that usually put you in a good mood.

Yeah, I agree.  When I am stressed or unhappy I just try to look at the positive things in my life.  It's hard sometimes because I do have to fave a lot of negativity, but the last thing I want is to make other people really suffer just because I am.

4. unknown spy profile image43
    unknown spyposted 11 years ago

i think we're in the same track. smile When I get angry or upset, I used to hurt my bf's feelings too. its like 'im hurting, you should be hurting too!'.. but at the end, you apologize and realized that you shouldnt have done this. so many times i did hurt him but he never hurt me not once just because he's angry or upset. so i used to stay away from people, shut my mouth and let the moment pass. smile

I think for me what hurts the most is when someone I care about withdraws because they are unhappy.  All I want to do is help make them feel better and it makes me feel useless when they don't let me.

5. Theophanes profile image89
    Theophanesposted 11 years ago

Hurting people when you're hurting (regardless if it is a romantic relationship or otherwise) is going to build a foundation of pain and distrust. It's not healthy. When I am in a sour mood I cut myself off from people until I calm down. There's no reason why some poor passerby should be sucked into my storm cloud. I guess a lot of people let their emotions get the better of them and fight and say things they regret. I don't let it get to that point.... I have been with my boyfriend for two and a half years. We've had one fight - about dog poop in the yard - and neither of us said anything that actually hurt the other one. We just strongly disagreed with each other's stance on the issue. Later that day it just became funny as he asked around about dog poop in the yard and pretty much everyone agreed with me... if you have a dog it's an inevitability! I think people who are unable to maintain this sort of peaceful existence with their mate of choice is probably poorly matched to begin with.

6. abbykorinnelee profile image54
    abbykorinneleeposted 11 years ago

First and foremost if you are hurting, and you know how it feels, why would want to or how could you actually hurt them back?  So no, its not fair and its actually a very negative personality trait.  Its understandable to be hurt and feel like revenge is the only answer but truth be told that isn't going to make the pain better.  Misery does love company and I hate that people do that to others because what would put someone above others is to react above what they have done to you.  Time heals the hurts that happened to a person.  Its understandable to want him to know how you feel but you can't force anyone to listen to you.  If its not intentional and you did something to hurt them back than its something you should apologize for and explain why and be more aware of it in the future.  If you love him and he loves you than he will forgive you and you will make an effort not to hurt him.  Love isn't easy and relationships aren't about those fuzzy wuzzy moments.

7. techap profile image60
    techapposted 11 years ago

Just not fair. It is like if you are having Aids, you want to spread it all over who so ever you know anyhow.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)