jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Would Looking at Your Girlfriend’s Mother Tell You How She Will Look Like In Old

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Would Looking at Your Girlfriend’s Mother Tell You How She Will Look Like In Old Age?

2. dabeaner profile image58
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

Quite likely more often than not.  If mother is a porker, it's quite likely the daughter will be a piglet by the time she's 25.

3. Moonchild60 profile image80
    Moonchild60posted 8 years ago

Not if I had been your girlfriend.  My mom and I look nothing alike.  She is very round and I am not.  She has what they call an "eagle beak" nose and I do not.  She is fair and I am not AND she has dry skin and I have oily skin which means she will wrinkle earlier and I will not.  So no, not really.  Her DNA for looks or aging could also be her fathers or grandmothers on her fathers side.  You never really know. That is nonsense that stupid men believe.  Don't fall for it.

4. Kebennett1 profile image61
    Kebennett1posted 8 years ago

It might, but she may also look more like her father or a grandparent! In any case it should not matter. How good do you think you will look in old age? And a relationship should not be built on looks. It should be built on what is in a persons heart and what you have in common.

5. Super Hub Star profile image50
    Super Hub Starposted 8 years ago

I've always stuck by that rule. With some minor exceptions, it has worked like a charm as I've gotten older. Its not just the genetic - parents pass on their habits like exercise, eating healthy and looking after their skin.

6. fizzylift profile image55
    fizzyliftposted 8 years ago

Not really. Girls tend to resemble their fathers more than their mothers. Plus, how they take care of themselves means everything.

7. Ladicius18 profile image53
    Ladicius18posted 8 years ago

Honestly, it all depends. The physical nature of someone is a mixture of his/her mother and father. It is true, that many girls resemble their mother but it doen't mean they always will. Me? I am a spiting image of my father. My mother and I hardly favor at all. Its all a gamble.

Also, the way someone will look when they are older is partially based on how they lived their lives as a child or teenager. If you're recurring to weight...well, thats cosmetic. If her mother's diet and exercise differs from her's then they will have two different out comes.

Also the make up she wears, or the products she puts on her skin...they can effect the way her skin will look. Sunlight can take its toll as well.

There are many different variables to consider when deciding how someone will look in 10 or 20 years, and some of it does lye with prior generations, but there is a lot someone can do to improve their appearance.

8. profile image0
    Ask Desireeposted 8 years ago

It All Depends on how The person takes care of there Self!

9. KoffeeKlatch Gals profile image81
    KoffeeKlatch Galsposted 7 years ago

My adult daughter just attended a family reunion with her father's side of the family.  It was amazing how many people told her how much she has grown to look like me, her mother.  It seems the older she gets the more she looks like me.  At least that's what everyone else seems to say.  I think, however, what you end up looking like at an older age not only depends on your genes, but on your lifestyle.

10. Corrie Lamprecht profile image76
    Corrie Lamprechtposted 6 years ago

OH YES; Been married twice, been looking at many women, their daughters and seen their daughter grow older.  Take it from this old man:  Look at the mom and decide if you will remain happily married.

Better to run fast boy!

working