jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

My ex and I have been divorced for a year. We share custody of our 2 year old d

1. profile image48
    Branstetterposted 7 years ago

My ex and I have been divorced for a year.  We share custody of our 2 year old daughter.  He...

recently moved a girlfriend in to the house and i'm very uncomfortable with it.  I feel that it is too soon for my baby girl to have girlfriends come and go.  I'm very careful to date on the days that I don't have my daughter and never in my own home for her safety.  I just can seem to come to terms with the difference in values between my ex and myself.

2. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Grow up, just because you have this absurd notion of your boyfriends doesn't give you the right to apply it to your ex and his girlfriends; you are no longer the centre of each others universe.
    Are you using your child as a tool in emotional blackmail?

3. krillco profile image93
    krillcoposted 7 years ago

While it's hard, and your imagination may run wild about what kind of woman she is, you will drive yourself nuts unless you let go of thinking about those things.

Many people get legal divorces, not many get emotional ones. Read my article here on HP called 'Terms of engagement'.

4. perfectperception profile image61
    perfectperceptionposted 7 years ago

As hard as this seems, you'll have to trust him.  NOT dwell on the new girlfiriend.  Maybe, for your child's sake, you can develop a cordial relationship with her.  Anything to keep the peace and your daughter out of any awkward situations.

5. profile image49
    chianna33posted 6 years ago

I am soon to be divorced as well, I understand as an over protective parent of a girl, how this may feel. I on the other hand dont mind him having girlfriends but, in my ex case he doent have a place to call home.. he's a house hopper so I feel that in order for him to take her out or go to this place and that place even his girlfriend that I need to meet her, and get a feel with what type of person she may be..As well as knowing were they are going to be. Now once we meet the girl.. It's then time to relax a little and trust him to make mature decisions..But, at the end of the day it's your child and you have every right to feel how ever you choose to feel.

working