Are American men are the most hypocritical?? Or just homophobic?

1. LaDee profile image55
    LaDeeposted 8 years ago

Are American men are the most hypocritical?? Or just homophobic?

I ask this question becasue I was watching UFC and the guy were fighting and inbetween each others legs. Then I though about Football how they tackle and pile on top o each other & the QB has his hands under the Centers crouch.Or even when these guys are taken showers in the locker room. Now from my friend guys, they say it's not "gay," but yet when a man wants to take ballet...then he's not "straight." I would like to know your opinions about this. I might even turn it into an actual blog.

2. Kyriana profile image74
    Kyrianaposted 7 years ago

I don't think American men or hypocritical or homophobic. From what I have read many professional football players (and probably other athletes) take some form of ballet or yoga to improve flexibility and agility.

I thought most of the stereotypes about men involved in ballet being 'gay' were long gone. People can choose whatever hobby or career they like without being labelled.

For example, most men look really good in pink shirts... doesn't make them gay to wear pink.. in most cases, it makes them sexy.

Hopefully, if you blog something about this topic, your guy friends will learn that stereotypes aren't really fair and everyone should enjoy what interests them.

3. brimancandy profile image81
    brimancandyposted 7 years ago

A majority of straight men believe that anything that they are not doing themselves, or don't like is Gay. One of the reasons why men continue to hate each other is because they don't like to have to deal with the unknown, so they will either hate it or call it gay. Especially men on a macho trip.

Ballet is a form of dance, and dancing to a majority of straight men, is a way to temporarily impress the opposite sex. If you are doing it for any other reason, they will think you are crazy, or gay. And, they are so unfamiliar with ballet, that they wouldn't give a man who was interested in doing it the time of day. It's very much considered a dance for girls or queens.

One thing you will never hear in a room  full of straight guys is how the nutcracker was, unless somebody is getting kicked in the nuts. That's just how men are.

working