jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

is it save to share your thoughts or ur personal feelings to strangers?

1. profile image42
    monica honeyposted 8 years ago

is it save to share your thoughts or ur personal feelings to strangers?

2. profile image0
    TypingTornadoposted 8 years ago

if you're starving for friendship, i suppose you would.  whether that makes it right or wrong, safe or unsafe, is a 50/50 chance.

3. Venefica profile image53
    Veneficaposted 8 years ago

I don't see the harm. You might come off as a nutter, but who cares, you're probably never going to see that person again. If looking crazy is your concern then your absolute safest bet at sharing your thoughts with a stranger comes in the form of counselors, psychologists, priests, (or their equivalent) and psychiatrists. You can gab all you want and not have to worry about what they think of you, they're trained to listen without judgment. Granted they may cost a little (or a lot) of money to enlist their services but none of your information will be shared.
    If your intention is to make a friend, I would say to just strike up a conversation with someone. Leave personal stuff out unless the two of you are comfortable enough to go down that road.

4. Gloria Cowdery profile image71
    Gloria Cowderyposted 8 years ago

Depends if they're dependable to keep things private. Its also easier to confess things to people you don't know, if you're aware you may not see them again. There is some comfort in knowing if they are unscrupulous people, they will not be able to trace you, or use it against you.