jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How many of you believe in Love At First Sight? Share your experiences.

1. pankaj3625 profile image73
    pankaj3625posted 8 years ago

How many of you believe in Love At First Sight? Share your experiences.

2. profile image0
    MagdaviaREXposted 8 years ago

I believe in love at first sight. For example, when I see a warm gooey chocolate chip cookie before me, I am in love. I can feel my whole body just tingly--my mouth salivating ready for the deliciousness of the cookie to come full throttle to me.

3. elainevc profile image59
    elainevcposted 8 years ago

I do, because I experienced it. I met my partner 3 years ago and I am sure it was love at first sight because the feelings and emotions I felt were like none I had ever felt before. They were so strong and intense, not to mention exciting - they caught me off guard during a bad period in my life. I couldn't get enough of spending time together, wanted to spend days and days together. And the thing is, 3 years later and I still feel those same feelings smile

4. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 8 years ago

Very scary...intense...magical.....confusing.....fustrating and can be painfu.  It is a feeling like non other and is indeed out of this world.  Cause if it is real it will take you on the ride of your life!!!

Vonda G. Nelson

5. blaise25 profile image77
    blaise25posted 8 years ago

Wow, seen that question in the forum a while ago.

And my answer remains YES, I believe in love at first sight. It's not about the first look I am talkin about, I'm talkin about the STARE...when your eyes meet and your soul meets,too.

"As soon as your eyes meet, then everything happens from then on, just proves that you had been right in that first moment...when you suddenly realized you had been incomplete and now you're whole."

6. MrsOdie profile image54
    MrsOdieposted 8 years ago

Love is not a feeling, it is a deep bonding between people as well as a way of behaving toward each other.  You cannot instantly love someone.  You can instantly be attracted to a person.  Your brain can instantly start producing oxytocin, the love drug and give you a sense of well-being (like my body produces when I nurse my daughter).  What you think of as love at first sight is your subconscious recognizing a person whose issues are going to help recreate the dysfunction of your primary scenario (family you were born into).  When you find out years after you've been dating someone that he's an alcoholic narcissist exactly like your dad, you think, "How is that possible? He didn't seem like that when I first saw him and 'fell in love at first sight'?"  Your subconscious knows better than you how to pair off your neurosis.

7. angied83 profile image79
    angied83posted 5 years ago

No, I dont believe in love at first sight... More like physical attraction at first sight. :-)