jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why do women cheat?

1. Loveonly32 profile image52
    Loveonly32posted 8 years ago

Why do women cheat?

2. rvsource profile image56
    rvsourceposted 8 years ago

For the same reason most men do. They have certain desires and for whatever reason are not satisfied at home.

I also believe that some people (men/women) are wired that way. They may have the strong sexual tendancies built into their makeup. If the spouse doesn't possess this, it could lead to cheating.

3. EtselecMik profile image56
    EtselecMikposted 8 years ago

Why do men cheat as well?  Lack of true committment or just unwillingness to commit to a monogamist relationship.  Always feeling or thinking that there is something or someone better out there.  Feeling they deserve so much more than what they already have.  Very impulsive individuals who act without considering the consequences of their actions.  Or someone making an attempt to fulfill some emotional and/or sexual need not being acheived in their current relationship.  Maybe it is a combination of all of these things.  However, none of these reasons is excusable for cheating on someone though.

4. stricktlydating profile image78
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

Usually they're not getting the kind of attention they need from their partner.  I'm not implying it's his fault though, but the answer usually is he needs to give her more attention and appreciation, so that she wouldn't think of looking for it elsewhere.

5. darkprincess profile image55
    darkprincessposted 8 years ago

Women cheat for many reasons, to feel sexy again, wanted, lusted after, we tend to tire of the same old same old esp when its not appreciated. 

I believe that women who indeed cheat are lacking something within their current relationship, be it physical attraction, bordem, self esteem, or simply they are needing to feel human again.

6. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 8 years ago

Most women don't cheat....for some reason they stay committed regardless of what men do.  Then there is another breed of women that not only cheat but stand on their own two feet regardless of the situation.  Then some people are just self centered and want to do whatever they please, it doesn't have to have a reason behind it!

7. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

I think the latest statistics show that 60% of American wives cheat on their husbands at some point during their marriage.

Why do they do it? Well, because they want to and because they can. Studies on infidelity show that wives get caught only 14% of the time, while husbands get nailed about 75% of the time.

There are too many reasons that men and women use to justify their walk on the wild side, so there is not enough room to discuss that here. I just want to make it clear that regardless of the justification that is used, there is no valid excuse for infidelity.

We were all taught at a young age that "two wrongs does not make it right" and this principle is just as valid when we become adults.

working