Which one is dearer to man – sexual appetite or love of affection?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. H P Roychoudhury profile image42
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 14 years ago

Which one is dearer to man – sexual appetite or love of affection?

2. GAWjr profile image61
    GAWjrposted 14 years ago

Abraham Harold Maslow, was an American psychologist. He is noted for his conceptualization of a "hierarchy of human needs", and is considered the founder of humanistic psychology

Maslow's hierarchy of needs is predetermined in order of importance.

1st- Physiological needs
        * Breathing* Water* Sleep* Food* Sex* Clothing* Shelter
    Because without these things mankind could not continue to exist.

2nd- Safety Needs
        * Personal security* Financial security* Health and well-being
        * Safety net against accidents/illness and the adverse impacts
    These needs have to do with people's yearning for a predictable, orderly world in which injustice and inconsistency are under control

3rd- Social needs
        * Friendship* Intimacy
        * Having a supportive and communicative family
    Humans need to feel a sense of belonging and acceptance.
    This need for belonging can often overcome the physiological and security needs, depending on the strength of the peer pressure; an anorexic, for example, may ignore the need to eat and the security of health for a feeling of control and belonging.

4th- Esteem
       Also known as the belonging need, esteem presents the normal human desire to be accepted and valued by others.
    Maslow stresses the dangers associated with self-esteem based on fame and outer recognition instead of inner competence. Healthy self-respect is based on earned respect.

5th- Self-Actualization
       The motivation to realize one's own maximum potential and possibilities is considered to be the master motive or the only real motive.

** Note-- Near the end of his life Maslow revealed that there was a level on the hierarchy that was above self-actualization: self-transcendence.

With that being said; I believe and have heard from others that, the most coveted thing by man is the closeness of relationships with friends and family.  I am saying that, this takes priority over money and/or superficial sex.  But, this realization may not come to a person until a later time in life.

Jay Walter

3. jackiewilliam profile image60
    jackiewilliamposted 14 years ago

I think  they are both very important. haha

4. profile image50
    nicole gilmoreposted 14 years ago

htkhfg bnjuhigjb vcbjfdbufb hcxughurgh bfghgb ngcxhfghfgnvbn

5. floating mind profile image69
    floating mindposted 14 years ago

For the most part I think that, the younger the man, the more of a sexual appetite he will have. And the older the man, the more he develops his sense (and maybe need for) love of affection. 

This may be one reason why you find older men with younger women, and older women with younger men!

6. StarB12 profile image62
    StarB12posted 14 years ago

From my experience of knowing and dating guys around my age (19), Love and affections means NOTHING!! As long as they achieve to have sex....the rest is NONSENSE to them.

That's why they say whatever to get it...whether meaning it or not.

Older, wiser and matured men may have a different outlook but for the most part....they are out for the same thing that a Squirrel is after!! lol

7. Shreerekha profile image61
    Shreerekhaposted 13 years ago

love of affection is pious,it must be accepted
    sincerely.

8. profile image0
    Marina Lesterposted 13 years ago

Wouldn't that depend purely on the man? Whether he lives in a world of instinct or soul? Beauty and the Beast, all posses both, but which rules? I am 20, I have a beautifully loving boyfriend who patiently waits for me to say yes to marrying him and I know through honest observation and his sweet genuinely true words that since meeting me he has not seen another woman, just people. He defies what most believe in men, and he is the happiest for it. I also have a friend who is the opposite and has a large sexual appetite and has many encounters with women but even he still hopes that special lady finds him and until then he plays games with women of lesser respectability..... with all the men I have known, it is plain as day which is dearer, to both, men and women more often than you think. Love of affection... Love.

9. Jaynie2000 profile image85
    Jaynie2000posted 13 years ago

Probably depends on the man in question, but speaking in general terms, I'd go with love and affection. I think all men need, want and even crave sex, but studies have shown that men are happier and live longer if they are married. Those statistics do not comment on whether they are married and having great or frequent sex. That leads me to believe that they are most happy being in love, being nurtured and sharing the joy that comes with being in a loving relationship.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)