Is it tough dating a guy who already has children? And weekend shared custody of

1. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

Is it tough dating a guy who already has children? And weekend shared custody of them?

2. DARICANMAMI profile image58
    DARICANMAMIposted 8 years ago

Yes and No. If you love that person you will deal with it because it's really not a big deal.  I am a single mom an my man has a son of his own that he has on the weekends. At first it was hard but now it's nothing it is now just part of are life together. Don't try to be the childs mother but become friends with the child it will make your relationship with your man much more easier and with his child. And if you look at the big picture if you are going to spend your life with that man that child isn't going any where. So enjoy it if it's something you can't deal with move on.

3. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 8 years ago

Once upon a time I was adamant about not getting involved with anyone who had children.  Of course I had no idea what I was talking about, and also was ignorant about relationships as well as Love.  When I finally matured in that area I came to realize that even though the child may not be mine I could/would love them as much as I loved the person I was with.  First off it was only right, there is much power when there is unity and I realized how foolish I was thinking to begin with.  I only came to realize this once I was in the situation. To be quite honest I believe that was more of me thinking selfishly amongst other things.  One thing has nothing to do with the other.  You can't expect nothing else, they share custody and there is no way you can put an end to that.  So don't make a mountain out of a mole hill.  It's really not that serious of an issue.

Vonda G. Nelson

working