jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How can I make commitment seem desireable to him?

1. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

How can I make commitment seem desireable to him?

In a dating situation, where he's not overly eager to commit, how can you encourage him to do so?

2. Miss Know-It-All profile image55
    Miss Know-It-Allposted 8 years ago

I love your questions by the way. Here is my experience. My now fiance and I have both been through some horrible relationships, and when I say horrible I mean beyond words horrible. When we met eachother, I told him right away what I expected from love, how I looked at it and what my beliefs are with kids and marriage. I've  never been a one night stand kinda girl, never. I was only in serious relationships, matter of fact I don't remember one under a year. When Andrei and I met this is what I told him, I am not here to play games with you, I take my relationships really serious. I will do anything for you and not expect anything in return but honest. As long as your honest with me 100% we will not have any problems. I do not sleep around and if that is what you want from me, I might as well get out of this car right now. I told him that finding my soul mate is very important to me and that is what I find the meaning of life, finding the one person that love's every inch of my body. That can respect everything that comes out of my mouth regardless if they agree or disagree. I didn't pressure him into anything, I didn't tell him he had to be with me, and he should settle down right now. I told him I am ready to begin my life and just be happy. People that sleep with strangers have something deeper, some pain they are trying to avoid. No one wants to sleep with randoms for no reason. There is someone for everyone in this world, but you just have to pick at yourself and discover who you are, in order to be with someone. And he fell head of heels in love with me, I showed him I can be his buddy, his wife, his teacher, his doctor. And a man that finds all these things with a woman will never stray. Once you start getting crazy like most of us woman can do, they will run..

3. kess profile image60
    kessposted 8 years ago

Your truthfulness makes all the difference,
    Though it may give an impression of weakness, you would find that in Tough situations, truth is your strength and best ally.

Who will not desire to commit to such? Fools of course then move on with confidence.

4. SueShepard profile image59
    SueShepardposted 6 years ago

My initial reaction is to say that if it is meant to be, there would be no question. Then again, I guess if the other person is afraid of committing due to trust, you could find ways to prove that you can be trusted. If they don't want to commit due to wanting to be 'free' then there are much deeper issues there.

working