The only reason we do this is because of fear .Fear of been alone,of starting all over again,starting your life its scary we hold on to thing that are all ready dead.we see the signs buts that's not enough we want drama we want tears we want in your face it does'nt need to be like that before you still hang on ask whats driving me ''fear''.
And don't forget the fear of the other person.
Sometimes the fear is of the reprisals, the repercussions for even thinking that they're better off without the bad half.
I have experience with friends and family who have stayed in bad relationships using the excuse that "he loves me really", despite the philandering and the abuse both physical and mental.
Sometimes I think it's a case of better the devil you know, but more often, I wonder if it's a case of not being able to see the wood for the trees, of being too close to the situation to see what those with an objective viewpoint see...
...or is it just a case of not being able to admit it?
Sometimes a female doesn't realize that she is in a bad relationship. We have this horrible character flaw that if we sit there and act kind, do everything to make our partner happy that soon enough they will start to change.
This is not always true there may be like 10% of men that will change after a women shows she is willing to work with them....Then the other 90% are set in their ways and they are who they are. You can't change a man who is settled with whom he is...sorry it doesn't worry.
I wrote a hub on this type of subject "Am I in love or in love with the thought of being in love" Check it out and it will further explain how people to the step outside the box of their relationship and make that unlying choice...am I happy and is this heathly?
by lapin 4 years ago
why did you ask the question: why do people stay in bad relationships ?Also are men more likely to walk out on a bad relationship than women or do women stay longer in a bad relationship in the vague hope the partner will change ?
by Mystique Chiles, MS 5 years ago
Staying in bad relationships for the kids, is this a good idea or bad?So many people avoid getting a divorce or getting out of a bad relationship for the sake of the children. Do you think that it is healthy to stay with someone you don't love or get along with any more for the kids? Or is it...
by SEXYLADYDEE 5 years ago
Why do so many people think it's better to be in a bad relationship than to be alone?I enjoy my own company and I have so many crafts and hobbys that I love. Being alone is not a bad thing to me. I have three children and as we prepare to send the last one off to college my mind races with all the...
by These eyes 22 months ago
Why do men hurt the person they love? If they love a woman why they do crazy things?I have a good relationship with this man and he just admit that he was having an affair that he wants to continue seing that person. I never see this coming since everything was so great with us. We never have a big...
by Barbara Anne Helberg 6 years ago
Do you believe the best thing a man can do for his children is love their mother?
by lottie henderson 6 years ago
why do people stay in relationships when they are clearly unhappyI'm all for giving 100% into your relationship and trying.and trying.but surely there comes a time when you have to stop living your life trying to keep someone else happy
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|