jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do bad things happen to good people?

1. Heart's voice profile image55
    Heart's voiceposted 8 years ago

Why do bad things happen to good people?

2. JacqCampbell profile image58
    JacqCampbellposted 8 years ago

Well, I used to agonize over that.  But then I've learnt to have faith (without going to church) that all things happen for a reason.

We may not know the reason or reasons now; indeed we may never know, but it helps our sanity to hold on tightly to that faith.

3. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

This question comes up over and over again.  Things happen.  Period.  There is no "god" keeping score.  Why don't you ask "Why do good things happen to bad people?"  Grow up!

4. shabarigirish profile image71
    shabarigirishposted 8 years ago

Good things and bad things are part of life, everyone undergoes both bad and good times. It’s not that bad people doesn’t undergoes bad things.

But when some good people undergoes bad times or bad people undergoes good things, then we concern more about that and give much attention.

5. Pollyanna33 profile image48
    Pollyanna33posted 8 years ago

I don't think we can ever find a suitable answer to that. We can only offer comfort and support without judgment. We have all been there at one point in our lives. What separates us from other species is our ability to offer support and compassion. Bad things happen to us all...just when they happen to good people it hurts a lot more than if it happened to a person who is not so nice.

working