jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What type of woman would men opt for, a damsel in distress or an established, se

1. SoundAdvice profile image57
    SoundAdviceposted 7 years ago

What type of woman would men opt for, a damsel in distress or an established, self-sufficient lady

which women are more preferred by men: (a) women needing emotional and financial assistance or (b) self-sufficient stable women, given that beauty, age and other factors are the same.

2. Ohma profile image76
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

Not a man but in my opinion a damsel in distress. They like to feel like heros.

3. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 7 years ago

I think that would depend on the man. As there are damsel in distress type women then there are men who would like to play hero. There are also men who prefer someone self-sufficient and stable, as they are not interested in drama but would prefer a partner and companion.

4. SoundAdvice profile image57
    SoundAdviceposted 7 years ago

Thanks @Ohma, I think you are right. Thank you for the answer.

Thank you @JeanMeriam, I feel in today's world when people like to have a more practical approach to life, men do prefer women who are practical and show less drama while some men with budding heroes inside them are still present smile

Thanks for the answer.

5. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 7 years ago

Definately a woman in distress, in my view anyway. I have always been attracted to women needing some form of help, or in a difficult situation...maybe the night in shining armour syndrome.

6. mdlawyer profile image39
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

A damsel in mistress may be more accommodative because of her feeling of necessity.  An established self-sufficient lady may be preferable if the man is more accommodative.

7. ArtzGirl profile image79
    ArtzGirlposted 6 years ago

Interesting question...

As a woman, I've found that I've attracted different men according to which role I was playing at the time.

Its interesting to see how other people have answered this question.

8. profile image56
    ADI78posted 6 years ago

I'd always go for the established woman. Hands down.

9. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 6 years ago

Any intelligent, mature, and self-respecting man would prefer an independent, self-sufficient, and aware woman. Men today value and respect women who are their equal. It is less stress on the relationship when a man has a self-sufficient and... read more

working